Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Anywhere USA Vs Somewhere USA

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by mageman1842, Oct 6, 2014.

1. mageman1842

mageman1842 New Member

I personally like the idea of Somewhere USA. I'd love to see some time after launch the "Map" get so large that it reflects the real United States. You can choose where to start the game by choosing a time zone. The street lay out would match that of real world cities. Going to another time zone would take the player so long that they don't want to really leave the area that they are in. I personally would like to explore a ruined Portland, OR then cross one of the two bridges to get into down town Vancouver, WA. Draw back for this would be recreating the light rail lines for Chicago or New York which I believe are mostly and/or partly underground.

What Anywhere USA has going for it would be that the designers would have the most freedom in placing buildings what type of buildings they are.

2. Kasharic

Kasharic Member

The devs have said tat they intend to get as much landmass as they can, its going to start as an "anywhere USA" setting but there will eventually be more biomes, deserts, swamps, mountains etc... but they have also said that while they do take inspiration from real places, they don't want to include real places.

You want a real looking USA, check out The division... holy hell is that game looking amazing, and they have some very accurate street layouts etc.

3. mageman1842

mageman1842 New Member

I took a look. What i saw was a MMOFPS that has you finding missions (quests) and then travel to them while coming under fire from other players. Seems like EQ1 PvP met up with Call of Duty and had a kid.

I didn't see anything about crafting or those objects having any interaction with the game like H1Z1 has what with buiding shelters, traps, harvesting, weapons crafting.

4. Kasharic

Kasharic Member

The Division has some crafting in it, nothing on the scale of rust or H1Z1... but the crafting is like making poultices out of things you find... and the in depth look at guns that they have (each gun is made up of several components, each with their own durability, each piece can be removed, replaced and maybe even upgraded, allowing for higher customization of weaponry.

But the only reason I mentioned it in this situation was that you said about wanting to see real life locations brought to you in H1Z1, which the devs have already said won't happen... but I thought you may like to know that another game is doing a damn good job of making the real world in game :)

5. mageman1842

mageman1842 New Member

6. Mogar

Mogar New Member

I would love to explore my own city, or just go big and hit New York. But considering they don't have a procedural map builder that uses real world data I don't see this happening. One day...one day...