Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Aquaman

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Dnae, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

O.M.G. THIS MOVIE SUCKED!!!

To be honest I was not expecting too much but even that was hoping for more than what I would ultimately receive

AND we did the IMAX thing.....unimpressed. Will never spend the money for that so called "experience" again

The movie:

Too Long - I actually left about 2/3 way through the movie to take a break. I NEVER leave during a movie unless the bathroom call is just too far gone to ignore. In this instance I left to walk around a bit, stretch my legs and text my daughters just how awful the movie was. Even my son-in-law who loves this type of movie thought it was horrible.

The Dialogue - CHEESY, and not in a good way. Hell even cheesy is giving it too much credit. It was just downright sophomoric. I think that a high school fan fiction writer could have written a better screen play. It was eye roll worthy, cringe inducing at times and the so called jokes were flatter than a french crepe

The Acting - Somewhere between lackluster and awful. Though I am willing to place most of the blame for the perceived bad acting to fall upon the shoulders of the horrific writing. You can only do so much with the material you are given.

The End Credits - The best part of the movie because that was my signal that I could finally go home

........a few hours later

My daughter and I went to see The Favourite. Very good movie. Funny. Bright. Dark. Well written. Beautifully acted. Impeccable costuming. Brilliant set design.

#1 Dnae, Dec 26, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Well, I'm in no hurry to include that crap in my "superhero films" ranking! :D

DC has been making some horrific movies and TV-series.

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

My grandson wanted to see it so of course I sucked it up and brought him. I draw the line at taking him to see that Pikachu detective movie, that is asking far too much LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I have yet to see a movie with Amber Heard, and not see it tank. And I think Jason Momoa is a bit overrated. Kind of like the Jean-Claude Van Damme of the 21st century.
    Won’t waste my time then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Yeah, not impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. PepperAnn

My love for Jason Momoa is probably more superficial....lol.....but I loved him in GoT.

8. NakedCity

There's just no way he should have played Aquaman...

[​IMG]

He was meant to be Lobo...

[​IMG]

9. PepperAnn

WOW. You're right!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. NakedCity

And Lobo is a lot more fun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. PepperAnn

DAYUM!!!!

12. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

My daughter summed this movie up the best. When we were leaving the theater she said, "mom, how do I blow up the sea?"

In the opening scene (this is spoiler, I suppose) the lighthouse keeper and the Atlanean princess are sitting in their house with young Aquaboy, when Atlantean soldiers show up and blast 3 or 4 man-sized holes in the walls with their lasery weapons. I was thinking, "you know they are in there, and you don't want to kill them, why are you blindly shooting in every wall of this one-room building? Why not just knock?" Alas, that scene made more sense than the rest of the movie.

This was hands down the worst superhero movie I've ever seen, and is in the top 3 of worst movies I've ever seen. I honestly thought it might have been intended as a parody at first, but alas, it wasn't.

The one part that was kind of funny was midway through the movie when you're getting kind of punchy from the badness, one of the storm troopers who was chasing the princess across rooftops decided to go *through* the walls and doors of every building rather than around them. It reminded me of, and had all the drama of, the Kool Aid guy breaking through walls, and if he would have said, "oh yeah!" even once it would have made the movie for me, but alas, he didn't.

From a global perspective, if they would have made the show with *real* undersea photography and scenery, it could have been a worthwhile movie for that alone. Alas, in a movie where they had to put in the eco-message about polluting the oceans, the directors still preferred a CGI cr@pfest to actually showing the beauty of the sea.

One other thing that bothered me. Why is it that every advanced civilization capable of having super ships, plasma weapons, etc. still rides around on animals in their daily life and for warfare? We aren't colossally advanced and even we don't send half our soldiers in on horseback, why would they in Atlantis? And in Atlantis, they show huge turtles pulling cargo around like draft horses. Hello? You have an infinite power supply. Why are you still abusing animals to cart your goods around?

LOL, and one thing I actually broke out laughing about was when the king and Aquaman were having their mano-a-mano fight, the king was introduced as "king Orm" and Aquaman was listed as "Half Breed"! Here we humans are being scolded by the directors for polluting the oceans and the noble Atlanteans that are supposed to be our betters living in harmony with nature are such racists they call Aquaman a "half-breed"? LOL, you can't make this stuff up.