Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Are they trying to make Andrea unlikeable now?

Discussion in 'Episode 307 - When the Dead Come Knocking' started by Joshua, Nov 25, 2012.

1. ggill09

ggill09 Member

She is so oblivious its just annoying at this point. I understand wanting to be apart of a community like that during such a crazy time, but she is just so ridiculously blind to everything its stupid!! She mustve taken to many shots to the face from the gov.......she cant see through the white haze......

2. Junking87

Junking87 Member

You're right it wasn't her place to say anything, it should've been handled between Maggie, Hershel, Patricia, and Jimmy. Unfortunately, everyone in this group makes it their business to be in everybody's business. I'd say its more like an extended family. They are all looking out for one another and trying to be there. Technically, it wasn't Lori's place to take the knife from her and then run around causing a scene about it. But from a story perspective, Andrea said what she said to tie into her attempt at the CDC. Andrea felt she was the only person who understood Beth because she had been there. Back at the end of season 1/beginning of season 2, she basically was Beth in that situation, which is why she felt the need to be the one to reach out to her. She obviously cared about her because as soon as she found out she was okay, she wanted to go see her.

3. sweatpants

sweatpants New Member

I have really hard time believing andreas character at woodsbury. She was growing so tough in 2nd season handling guns and being all manly. Turning to be so gullible in this season and falling for such a douchebag that the governor is doesnt feel right.

4. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

She has steady D, food and shelter and is still whacking walkers whenever she has the chance, her ( Y ) looks great in a thong and she is good at fishing as well.

Don't choke on that hater-ade folks! Andrea is going to be here to stay for a long time to come. ACCEPT IT!

5. Junking87

Junking87 Member

LOL!!! That was funny but to be honest, I hope she comes to senses and leaves Woodbury fast. Woodbury is boring as hell and whenever they cut back to it, I'm like *yawn*. If they make her stay longer, I wish they would do something to spice that place up, maybe have a killer within the ranks go after people at night in the town and Andrea has to figure out who it is. That place is way too stale.

6. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

Happy I could give you a good laugh. I do love to defend Andrea but like everyone else, I would totally like to see her redeem her acts of being gullible she displayed this season. I do agree it's stale as well.

7. Busted Flipflop

Just think how gross and disgusting she's going to feel about herself after realizing she slept with the creepy governor. All the while she's messing with him, he's combing his daughter's hair, staring at zombie heads floating in water, killing people, and being cruel to others. She's going to feel like poo. You almost feel sorry for her because she's being deceived.

8. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

It wasn't Andreas place to decide to let Beth have a knife. but that's only the tip of the iceberg

Andrea Told Maggie she would watch Beth, then she does the opposite. she Lied to Maggie about the care she would be providing to her loved one.

If i ask you to watch someone in my family who is suicidal , you tell me you will, and then you don't, i'm going to be very mad at you (like throw punches, or kick you off my farm in the ZA)

yes, her character is only human and is just following the path she's found. Ricks group left her on accident, her new best friend "wouldn't give woodburry a fair chance" where they have security and luxuries. from her view point Michonne was the crazy one..

I can put my self in her shoes, and see the world through her view point. I can realize how that could happen to me. and at the same time i can still hate her character! AHA! :)

Its as simple as this, Andrea continually finds a way to give sympathy/ aid/ comfort to what ever the antagonist is .
    when Jackie wants to kill herself , Andrea wants to join in
    When the Antagonist is Shane, Andrea sides with Shane
    When the problem was Beth Suicide , Andrea sides with Suicide
    When the Governor is the Antagonist, Andrea sides with the Governor
    Staged Zombie Arena / keeping walkers for entertainment , Andrea sides with keeping them / experimenting on them

trying to think back what other problems the group has faced where Andrea was siding with the wrong answer ?

Also Why does Andrea help milton with his experiment, saves his life, But she doesn't bother to tell him about dr Jenner at the CDC? she watched a video of a normal brain and a zombie brain and saw that there is only activity in the brain stem of a zombie. Just seems like if you are making a new life there, helping on the wall and with research (and sleeping with the gov) that she might want to share that bit of zombie knowledge with them?

9. Junking87

Junking87 Member

Milton wasn't going to listen to her even if she showed him charts. He was determined to see for himself the results. Not really her fault because she did try to warn him. What about when Andrea stood up to Ed for Carol because she was too afraid to do it herself? She even got in his face and took him on despite the fact that he could've knocked her out.

Or how about Andrea pointing out that Lori wanting the women to remain "women" was old fashioned and ridiculous?

How about Andrea guarding the prisoner on the farm when everyone else wanted to kill him? She even raised a gun to Shane and forced him to back off.

Or how about the fact that she was the ONLY person to side with Dale who proposed a decent argument regarding the execution of the prisoner? She eventually gave in and realized Dale had a valid point about the group.

How about her sacrificing her life to save Carol's during the walker herd attack, and then getting left behind for it?

You can see all the mistakes she's made, or you can see the good she's done. I won't judge a character who has done the right thing on more than one occasion just because half the fans only choose to see the bad.

10. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

I see both the good and the bad and I still can't stand her. Haven't been able to for a while actually. OH well.

11. Gilligan

Gilligan Member

I wouldn't like it, because I don't want my sister to die. But if I was the one wanting to die, I'd want people to leave me alone and let me do it. Like I said, it's tough to allow someone you love to make that choice, but it's their choice to make. I didn't want my sister to get married and stop hanging out with me as often either, but I can't tell her how to live her life. She wanted to get married, so she did, and if she wanted to die, I'd be really sad, and would try to not let her do it, but I'd be being kind of a dick if she really wanted to die and I kept forcing her to live.

Maggie wasn't wrong to try to keep her sister from killing herself - I mean, she sort of was, but she's not a bad person for doing it. It's tough to let someone you love end their life, but it's really not your place to force them to live. It was easier for Andrea to see that because she wasn't biased by being emotionally attached to Beth.

I think this is just one of those things where no amount of discussion will change either of our minds. Some people think suicide is cowardly, selfish, and all that, and some people don't... I think it's nice to have some control over how you die, and I don't think people should feel bad about choosing to die sooner rather than later. If you're done with life, I think you should have a right to quit. We're just not going to agree on this issue.

12. Gilligan

Gilligan Member

You're right. Andrea's done a lot of good, and that's why I liked her last season... But she's making so many mistakes right now that it's sickening. I'm hating her most recent actions, but I do think she's got room to redeem herself. I hate what she's doing mostly because I know things about The Governor that she doesn't. I'm sure once she knows what's going on better, she's going to become a more likable character. We're just all really frustrated with her right now because she's not seeing all the obvious flaws with The Governor and Woodbury that we are seeing.

13. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Andrea's point of view on the suicide topic was Maggie's sister needed to work out for herself if she wanted to live or die, not other people decide that for her.

It's harsh, but it was in the end the right thing to do. Andrea went through that herself after the CDC and also saw others who were quite happy to 'check out' the nicer way.

This is a society now where you must fight to survive, and any minute you are a potential meal for a walker. Many people just couldn't cope with that sort of life..

Merle beats the hell out of Glenn and sicks a walker onto him while strapped to a chair, the Governor threatens to rape maggie, Milton is obsessed with the dead remembering their pasts to the point of dangerous experiements and the only major topics on this episode are about Andrea's damn underpants or what a whore-bag she is :zombies_confused:

It's crazy, funny, but crazy..

14. slw2082

But Andrea didn't really decide for herself at the CDC. She had Dale forcing her to choose life or condemn them both to death. It really isn't the same as what she let Beth do. It could be said Andrea only chose to live because she didn't want to kill/be responsible for Dale's death.

15. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I dunno... She said 'I don't want your death on my hands'..

If she was really 100% sold on checking out, I wouldn't think she'd care who went with her checking out..

I took that act as maybe she did want to live/not fully committed to ending it..

16. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Being manipulated by a douchebag happens to the best of us :)

I'm tipping the relationship with the Governor is Andrea's defining moment of becoming a little more like her comic character..

17. slw2082

I guess maybe it would depend on if you were religious or not to some degree too. She may think it's not okay for his blood to be on her hands when she is called up to meet her maker.

18. girlcat7

girlcat7 New Member

Its her stupid looking lips...

19. slw2082

[​IMG]
    This actually explains it pretty well. It's not even about the choices she's making, it's the fact that it is unlike her character so far to do so.

20. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

The most annoying is the inconsistency in the writing of her character..

She was strong & opinionated in season 1, season 2 badass in training and season 3 flakey & soft..

There's no consistency of who she is as a person..