Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Are they trying to make Andrea unlikeable now?

Discussion in 'Episode 307 - When the Dead Come Knocking' started by Joshua, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Gilligan

Gilligan Member

I think that's exactly right. And that's why she was so angry with Dale last season. She wanted to die and he made her feel like she'd be killing him too. She wanted herself to die. She didn't want him to, and she knew Dale wasn't threatening to kill himself because he actually wanted to die, but because he wanted to guilt-trip her into not killing herself. I understand why Dale did it - he cared about Andrea and didn't want her to kill herself - but she still wanted to be dead when she left the CDC with Dale, and he denied her of that option.

2. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

Yep I agree. Then with taking her gun and all that, it just made her more mad. I think she "wanted" to after the cdc for a while but if she really wanted to she could have gun or no gun. She was glad she didn't later on but at that time that is what she wanted, just didn't want Dale to go out like that knowing it isn't what he wanted.

3. Gilligan

Gilligan Member

Yup. And if she hadn't ever changed her mind, she'd have killed herself anyway, only while also still being pissed at Dale, since the CDC explosion would have killed her without her doing any work, but killing herself on her own would have required a plan and her actually doing it to herself instead of just standing around and waiting for an explosion. Fortunately, she decided she wanted to live...

4. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

The whole "gimme my gun" storyline for Andrea had genuinely one of the worst writing I've ever seen. It was so beyond ridiculous, I have no idea who in the world could like Andrea with those kind of stupid dialogues. I actually thought they were pretty funny. I think it was Lori (?) that at some point asked Andrea to shup the hell up about the gun in the woods: I actually screamed "THANK YOU" ah ah ah it was probably the only time I liked Lori.

Ahhh don't remind of season 2 please! :zombies_lol:

5. InMyBlood

InMyBlood Member

true. but IMO she became a bitch and an unworthy character when she didn't leave with Michonne. Michonne saved her life, they traveled for 8 months together and Michonne cared for her at great risk when she was very sick yet she didn't return the loyalty. says a lot.

6. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't care if its full on long johns or a friggin pair of underoos... in the ZA, all I give a shit about is that it's clean. kay. I mean I would be wearing woolen boxers if they were clean. But that was so blatantly a "gratuitious sex scene" that it makes me wonder... is she going to die soon since she had sex?

7. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

Here is some golden words of wisdom straight from the "he-man woman haters club" to heed:

[​IMG]

8. bran

bran Member

i think they are setting her up for a big time redemption somehow. it might cost her, her life but she will be redeemed one way or another IMO.

9. kjmarket

kjmarket Member

I currently hate Andrea but I was a hater long before there was a hate-bandwagon. I disliked her two-thirds of the way through season one, liked her a little more early in season two, only to hate her more than ever by the end, and now I hate her even more. I just cannot stand anything about her character. She very well may be set up for a redemption scene of sorts but it won't make me like her, just hate her less. Dont forget that Michonne, supposedly the closest person to her, told her what the Governor really was and Andrea turned on her. That is not the Governor's manipulation as much as it is Andrea's character being an unlikable bitch that is closer to a bad guy than a good guy.

10. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

You guys have her all wrong. I know I'm definitely in the minority here but she will make it right when she redeems herself and kills te governor.

11. Machete

Machete Active Member

It seems like TWD has to have that character that everyone hates, until they do something to redeem themselves. It used to be Daryl, now its Andrea.

All you people that hate on Andrea because she is making decisions that you don't agree with (although if you were in her place you ABSOLUTELY would do the same thing, don't try to tell me you wouldn't stay in Woodbury knowing what Andrea knows and not what YOU know, because i don't want to hear it.) probably think Daryl is awesome now, and probably hated him at one point. You will all love Andrea soon enough. The writers are doing this on purpose.

Personally, I don't have a problem with anything she has done so far. She has been through hell. She watched her sister die in front of her, then had to put her down. She got abandoned by the group she was with after saving one of them. Has nearly been killed countless times, and now she has finally found a place that seems "safe". I don't blame her for staying in Woodbury.

12. page

page Well-Known Member

NO!!!!

13. Machete

Machete Active Member

Umm... yes? LOL.

14. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

Since when anybody EVER hated Daryl?

15. page

page Well-Known Member

No!!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354386096.466620.jpg

16. Machete

Machete Active Member

Daryl was kind of a douchebag in the early episodes. Maybe "hate" was too strong of a word. He wasn't likeable though, at least not to me, until Sophia went missing.

17. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

Nobody hated Daryl in season 1. EVER. I remember reading Facebook comments at the time about how many people actually liked and loved him. It was why Norman even became a billing star / main character in season 2 because Daryl ended up being so well received in season 1 and he was not in the comics.

Andrea, however, has ALWAYS been unlikeable since the day 1 (or 2 considering she first appeared in episode 2). The only main character people hated as much was Lori. Daryl has nothing to do with this...

18. Machete

Machete Active Member

I assume you are correct, because I didn't read any facebook posts about Daryl or anyone else for that matter. I didn't start watching TWD until recently when I found it on Netflix. I watched the frist two seasons in a couple of weeks, and I didn't really warm to Daryl until Sophia went missing. I assumed other people felt the same way, but I suppose that I could be the only one.

My larger point is that Andrea really hasn't done anything that MOST rational people wouldn't do under the same set of circumstances. People want to feel safe. Woodbury "feels" safe to her. I understand why she didn't want to leave with Michonne. I still think that the writers are trying to make her see unlikeable on purpose. Soon she will have a dramatic turnaround and she will become a much loved character.

Just a theory, I suppose time will tell.

19. Junking87

Junking87 Member

Thank you! I was going to say the same thing. If anyone was in her situation and went to Woodbury, they would all choose Woodbury. Everyone is like, oh she should've went with Michonne, but Michonne didn't communicate with her worth a damn! She could've told Andrea about the bullet holes in the tank and the blood she found, but she didn't reveal anything to her. To Andrea, she just seemed paranoid and I don't blame her. If I was going to leave a seemingly stable and safe environment, you better give me some hard facts because I'm sure as hell done with being chased around by walkers out there.

20. bonitapro

bonitapro New Member

all of her best moments have to do with telling someone off and redirecting someone ack to reality, which she did frequently in season2. but now its reality's turn to pimp slap her.