Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Assuming no more flashbacks. Michonne v Maggie.

Discussion in 'Episode 914 - Scars' started by Chr1s, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Since we now have answers to why Michonne closed Alexandria off from the groups and the X scars. The only thing that hasn't been explained is why Maggie and Hilltop are not happy with Michonne.

Can we now assume it's simply because Michonne refused to be a trade partner with Kingdom and Hilltop? It appears that Hilltop helped Kingdom when they needed it and Tara took extra supplies and left Alexandria. So it's just a matter of Michonne disconnecting from the other communities putting more strain on Hilltop to help keep the Kingdom alive. Still doesn't answer why Maggie left.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I think you hit the proverbial nail on the head. Michonne refusal to be a part of the larger world was a burden to the other communities, especially with a struggling kingdom and sanctuary.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

It is hard to believe that Michonne could not trust Maggie (in the Hilltop) or Carol (in the Kingdom) any longer because of this single Jocelyn incident. If she stopped trusting 'strangers' or 'old friends but not seen for a longer time), then it is logical. But, Maggie/Hilltop and Carol/Kingdom are her friends without interruption from 'day 1', so to speak. Afterall, Laura was trusted enough to stay in ASZ and even has a seat in the council. I think, there might be more to the story. Eg what made the Hilltop to not trust Michonne enough that she must be dearmed to enter the compound?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Yea there might be more to it that hasn't been revealed.

I'm thinking it's not a matter of Michonne not trusting Maggie, it's more that she felt the world was simply too dangerous for her people to venture out in. Aaron said something about how Michonne would be mad if she found out he was meeting Jesus. At first that sounds like she didn't want the communities talking but maybe it's simply that she didn't want Aaron going out that far away from Alexandria. She was pretty upset that Eugene and Rosita went out to set up the remote. Again seemed like she was mad that they were trying to establish communication but it was probably that she didn't want them going out so far and the fact that it resulted in Jesus's death just confirmed to her that the world is dangerous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. calliope

calliope Active Member

I think the whole Jocelyn thing made Michonne question her own judgement on a lot of things and her response was to shut herself, and Alexandria off from the surrounding communities as well as strangers. Yes, Maggie had been a friend, but she had also gone against Rick and Michonne over the Negan situation. Over time it evolved into a more hostile situation.

Yes, Daryl had challenged them over the Negan situation, but he redeemed himself in Michonne's eyes by his search for Rick.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

I don't see where they woud put another flashback in the next little while to tie this up. I didn't feel it was tied up...I stil lthink the unspoken mistrust is not enough to make the other communities angry at her really...I guess we will see.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

I don't think it is a matter of trusting Maggie or not. It's more about venturing outside of the safe zone and not sharing precious supplies with anyone. Michonne's worldview was shattered and now she's into bunkering down in isolation in reaction.

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

I would also add that Michonne may have also struggled with control issues too.

There was nothing she could do to change what happened to Carl and Rick when they were outside Alexandria. Judith was taken out of Alexandria by an evil she let in.

Michonne can't be everywhere at once nor control the othe communities, so she shut down literally and emotionally and became 'Alexandria First' out of fear of losing Judith/RJ.

Doing so may allow her a since of control and management over her fears.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1