Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Base building necessity?

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by Johanforsberg, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Johanforsberg

Johanforsberg New Member

Hi!

Been watching many gameplay videos and live streams the last couple of days.

I was wondering. Why do you actually need to build a base other than being safe while playing? I mean, when you log out, you should be safe from other players and Z right? You can store suff att your base, but that base is fairly easy to break in to and loot.

And why would a roof matter along as you have four walls sheltering you? Cover from rain? Because I for one would think its awesome if the environment would have effect on your character. So that you actually would want to take cover from rain or cold.

Any thoughts/answers on this?

2. Kasharic

Kasharic Member

They have already stated that status effects (hypothermia etc) will exist and will be effected by the weather. The idea of your base is so that a community of people can have a safe haven to trade, farm, get warm and dry etc... they aren't intended to be for one person but rather a group of people... and the building blocks of making a base mean that you can have a base for 3 people or 300.
    That and the fact that its just fun to have something to do other than looting, killing players and killing zombies.

3. Johanforsberg

Johanforsberg New Member

Oh, so I missed that one. Great though. Exactly what I was hoping for.

So lets see how much significance base building will have for me! :)

4. Kasharic

Kasharic Member

You'll be pleased to know that a campfire will speed up the drying process and lessen the effects for hypothermia. and this is just a small amount of status effects that they plan to have and solutions for them.

As for base building, i'm sure you'll find a way to make use of farmland, rain catchers and a BBQ ;)

5. CountAntonius

CountAntonius New Member

If it's anything like Rust a campfire is a nice beacon to all the enemies lurking out there in the dark looking for prey. Use it wisely.

6. Duke2004

Duke2004 New Member

ACE cant wait for this game. WarriorZ

7. Travvy13

Travvy13 New Member

IMO i think base building is a necessity in survival games, especially ones that involve potential KOS PvP or other game mechanics that alter your ability to survive... otherwise what else would there be to do once your fully geared?

Personally i plan on setting up a small community when EA opens up [hopefully building is implemented in the early access stage 01/15] and buildings/shelter/trading post/storage etc. will all be vital buildings needed to help make that succeed.

While bases might attract attention to players with unknown intent, it also acts a save haven for friendly players who like RP or just a safe area... who knows what Sony has in store for us with unforeseen events in H1z1

8. Mogar

Mogar New Member

Bases would be a nice place to hold out considering I heard there may be hordes in the game. Also player attacks, bragging rights, and just an additional goal to accomplish.