Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Bases

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by slizzzy, May 17, 2015.

1. slizzzy

slizzzy New Member

Why shouldnt you respawn in your base? Its stupid not to. Thats the whole reason you build a BASE. If there is no respawn system it just makes you too afraid to go out and do stuff, interact with people, etc... that is whats causing the almost 100% shoot on sight rates. If i dont know where im going to end up and have to spend an hour walking back to my base while opening up a steam map guide and pasting my coordinates in every 5 mins of course that is going to lead to people shooting on sight for fear of having to go through that every time you die. If i at least know im going to respawn in my base i would be much less scared of people. I like the idea of not having a real time map but that mechanic is broken when there are steam guides that give you your heading and location.

I think maybe super high tier bases should be unraidable, like a steel wall. but theyd be very expensive. and the lower tier bases like wood would still require a lot of C4 to break in, just to get you started sort of. If there is no possibility of secure housing bases are pointless and thats pretty much the whole concept of the game... for example it might take you months to have the supplies to build an all steel base that cannot be raided but there will also be plenty of raidable wood bases people are using to try and get there. People are just not going to build bases if they can be raided, thats a fact man. I mean maybe the hardcore fans and a select group of people but if they want this game to become popular there needs to be secure housing and a re spawn system.

If they want this game to make money they need to make it a bit more accessible, No one except the sweaty hardcore nerds are going to play this if there is no possibility of secure housing, a re spawn system, and a real time map.

#21 slizzzy, May 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015
  2. search543

search543 Member

i agree... we need respawn in bases... but indestructibale bases is BS

3. Krons

Krons New Member

I think they should introduce some kind of craftable base security system, like spike traps that only pop out if you are being raided or trainable guard wolf/bear (right how cool would that be!). That way if you are not online at least you have a little bit of protection other then an easily penetrated metal gate and some doors.

Just a thought.

4. search543

search543 Member

tottaly agree kron... also we need NPCs we can enlist as sentries... they would need food, water, ammo, med and everything else a player needs... but the number should be unlimited as long as you supply them with what you need... so you dont have to be on yourself ALL the time

5. adjorr

adjorr Member

I would absolutley love to have a caged bear thats released if my door gets blown.

6. search543

search543 Member

lmao... ans half a dozen wolves...

7. Krons

Krons New Member

This would be awesome!!!

8. search543

search543 Member

yea true... just like:

Attached Files:

9. ShotGunKevin

ShotGunKevin New Member

Slizzzzy bro, I totally disagree on several points. I think your mentality is best dedicated to PvE servers. PvP servers are intentionally made for killing of other players and base raiding. But that does not mean we don't make friends along the way. Very often, im just out looting and run into other players. If they communicate that their friendly and not out to rob me. I often help them.

With that said, bases should absolutely be destructible. Its survival at the most fundamental level. Wait until someone's leaves their safe keeping... break in and steal what you can. As long as the devs fix and sort of glitches or exploits... breaking in is quite a commitment. And what if they don't have anything!? 35 IEDs per gate... that's 35 fertilizers and 35 metal sheets plus some odds and ends. That's a huge commitment for some empty containers.

I suspect your the type who likes to build right up on a nice piece of structure with a healthy spawn rate of nice items and scraps. Or maybe right on top of a nice water source. We'll these are the spots other players also are eyeballing. And that makes your base a number one target. I've had a base up since the last wipe and I am yet to get raided. Location, location, location....

Now, I have had bases raided. But its had very little effect on me because I do not "put all my eggs into one basket". I have several bases spread throughout the map. Therefore, if one gets raided I only lose a small portion of my overall supply and its fairly easy to repair.

Respawning at your base is flawed as well. If I kill someone or someone kills me defending my base. I should not respawn inside. My life was terminated, just like real life. Luckily, this is a game and we do get second chances. My point being, if I kill someone while raiding their base. No they should not respawn inside. They should spawn far far away. And when they return they'll be lucky enough that the foundation is standing and most of the walls. Minimal loss.

I suggest you go find a nice PvE server or go find a carebare game.

Good luck and happy looting.

10. TheZZZ

TheZZZ Member

Sounds to me that you should be on PVE and not PVP... just my 2cents...

11. TheZZZ

TheZZZ Member

I think the group of people I play with (my wife, and my buddy) have made friendships with nearly all the legit regulars on the server... there are a select few that are out to KOS only... and when that happens they either let us know and we come assist them, or we let them know and they assist us..

for example.. I helped a guy out with .380 ammo a few days ago... about an hour later I ran into him again this time with his friend... they killed me.. I messaged a friend on the server via steam and no more than 5 minutes later six friendlies showed up and a blood bath followed - needless to say I got my stuff back and got to listen to an epic fire fight.

Not everyone is bad - you might have to die a few times before you figure out who is friendly though.

12. TheZZZ

TheZZZ Member

If you would take time to learn the map (explore, land marks) you wouldn't need a map at all. Radio tower south of PV for example.. huge landmark and can get you any direction / place you are trying to go.

13. slizzzy

slizzzy New Member

No man, it isnt. This is a game not real life. Go play RUST if thats what you want and please stop helping ruining this game. We absolutley need respawn in bases. There is no point to building a base if you cant. Why does no one understand this? No one is going to spend time building a base to come back to it destroyed (which is gaurnteed to happen) That is pointless. I like going around killing people as much as the next guy but i think you and alot of people here got so attached to the game the way it is because you cant possibly imagine anything different. Pathetic.

Myself, and a lot of other people are not going to play this game if you have to spend an hour getting back to your destroyed base every time you die. The servers will just be left with you sweaty hardcore nerds and thats no fun. Please just go play RUST and let this game evolve into something more than just KOS. Pathetic nerds.

14. adjorr

adjorr Member

oh no the only people left playing our hardcore survival game will be hardcore gamers? ohh whatever will we do
    You keep saying you dont want this game to be like RUST and that we should all go play rust, but the thing is rust has 2x the active players H1Z1 has so what they are doing in that game must be what survival game players are looking for. I havent played it myself i only like h1z1

#34 adjorr, May 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015