Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Be Well in 2016

Discussion in 'Sports' started by TheWalkingHorn, Dec 29, 2015.

1. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

Nice, it sounds like this is what I am looking for, I'm definitely going to order now! From what I read the routine are 20-30 minutes each, which fits perfectly with my schedule. Are you still using TRX?

2. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

I'm not currently using them, only because I'm a teacher and during the school year I usually don't go to the gym. I do a bootcamp style workout called Camp Gladiator (that I'm obsessed with) 5x per week, and then a dance class a couple of times a week.

I lifted last summer, and I loved it, but I was also still losing body fat. Now that I'm much slimmer I want to get back to lifting and actually try to shape myself. My legs last summer were so big (in a good way), and they've just gotten leaner and skinnier now that I'm focusing on just cardio and plyo type exercises in the bootcamp (and just using body weight, or body weight + dumbbells). I will lift heavy this summer in hopes to build my stature a little while still decreasing body fat.

I'm so excited about it. I love the way I feel when I'm lifting heavy. I'm usually one of, if not THE only girl in that area of the gym, and I've always liked competing with or alongside men. I'm really competitive lol.

3. southernlady

I love it! You are a very good inspiration! Keeping fit is a lifestyle that is very hard to maintain, especially when you work full time and have other obligations. I've never tried bootcamp, a co-worker does them and she likes it. I just don't think I could make a 5am class in City Park!

I just ordered the TRX home gym bundle, it comes with digital downloads. I am excited about using this and getting my body stronger! Like you I've basically relied on cardio (running) and PiYo. I need to strengthen in addition to the stretching.

4. TheWalkingHorn

Awesome! You'll have to let me know how you like the at home TRX. I've only used them in a gym, but if they're good at home I might try and convince my parents to buy some and install in their house! lol

5. southernlady

I received my TRX home gym on Friday. It is so easy to set up and use, simply use the door anchor and go :)

I did the total body video workout - 30 minutes with 6 minutes stretching afterward. There are 16 exercised in the routine which include:

Step Forward Lunge With T-Fly
    Lunge
    Hamstring Curl
    Crossing Balance Lunge
    Atomic Pushup with Crunch
    Low Row
    Overhead Squat
    Pike (abs)
    Side Plank
    Chest Stretch
    Lower Back Stretch

I can tell you I am already addicted! I can definitely see where this will get my body strong enough to carry me 26.2 miles :)

6. TheWalkingHorn

Sweet!! Do you have a link where I can buy them? Did you just order from amazon?

7. southernlady

You can order it through Amazon, but I went through TRX:

https://www.trxtraining.com/shop

I'm going to do full body again tonight. My legs are in reasonably good condition from running but I can def use with more hip strengthening to prevent knee injury. My upper body strength is not good at all and I am feeling it today, but it's one of those "hurts so good" feelings :)

8. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Been doing a lot better these days.
    -No dairy
    -No red meats
    -No soft-drink/soda/pop unless out drinking or at a special event
    -Meat is only consumed twice a week
    -Low sugar
    -Only alchohol consumed is vodka
    -High fibre
    -Working out 4-5x a week minimum
    -One day of fasting and one day of cheeky eating a week

#28 TGO, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  9. southernlady

So, I'm getting into the meat of my marathon training. Thankfully we have a "cool" front coming in tomorrow, that will make running a little more comfortable. I've stocked up on my energy gels for my long runs on the weekends. The one area I am having a little trouble in is diet. As a norm, I tend to be conscious of what I eat especially where carbs are concerned. But now I am getting to the point that I need those carbs to fuel my body. So I'm trying to find a balance that works in eating carbs but not overdoing it.

10. southernlady

Well my marathon is out. I fractured my left ankle during a 17 mile workout in a rock in the road. I'm a bit peeved, my training was going so well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk