Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Jon Snow, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Jon Snow

Jon Snow Member

The theme song is now out and WARNING - Listening to this song will cause it to be stuck in your head for the rest of the day

[video=youtube;-g1IGSM3Hgs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g1IGSM3Hgs[/video]

Premiere airs 15th Feb 2015

[​IMG]

2. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

3. Jon Snow

Jon Snow Member

^Excellent! So glad Jonathan Banks is signed up for this.

4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I saw him in an interview at the time of the Breaking Bad finale and he said he was really upset when he was killed off. The guy really enjoyed the part, so I bet he's excited to return to the Mike role.

5. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Yes, I love his character, with his exasperated rolling-eyes looks, as in the scene above. I have my reservations about spin-off shows, but for sure I'll be tuning in for Mike.

6. Stealth

I have reservations with spinoffs too, but at least Breaking Bad is over when they're doing this. It's not like what we're going to see with TWD soon. I dread that.

Also, this is a prequel. So there's a chance that they can tell the story over the course of a few seasons and get out. Vince Gilligan is involved, at least initially for the first season, so I'm more optimistic of this than I'd be with your typical spinoff.

To me they earned the benefit of the doubt too because they ended Breaking Bad so well and didn't try to milk it. The show was still gaining in popularity when it went off the air, so it could've capitalized on that and strung everyone along for more seasons while compromising the quality of the show.

7. Stealth

Regarding the preview, I wondering if anyone thought that there was more behind the scene they showed.

We all know Mike's real line of work, so I was wondering if he was at that garage for a different purpose when Saul came along, and wasn't really the parking attendant at that place.

8. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Me too. Can you imagine him being a parking attendant for real, and putting up with customers' bullsh!t all day? He'd probably kill someone within the first hour. ;)

9. miltk

miltk Member

i'm going with gilligan on pure faith and trust. i have no idea what the narrative and tenor of this prequel will be but i will be ready to submit to it.

10. miltk

miltk Member

the first image that came to me after reading your hypothesis, was,,,,some guy giving mike a hard time, so after the guy parks his car mike comes around later, pulls out his keys, and makes a long horizontal scratch on the car from bumper to bumper.

i don't know, but that scenario strikes me as being hysterically funny

11. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Super pumped for this show. So happy mike is back too!

12. CozzBozz

CozzBozz New Member

I really hope this doesn't flop and become another After M*A*S*H (Or dare I say- the 9th Season of Scrubs) as Breaking Bad was my favourite drama ever! If this show promises then at least it's legacy is kept. Although all that said I understand that it won't be another Breaking Bad but I do have faith that Vince Gilligan that it will still be successful- I really do want an Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston cameo though throughout the series just for a one off

13. miltk

miltk Member

i don't think they can cameo because they never met until they were into their meth. and i think cameos bring too much of a tie-in and i expect gilligan to start afresh with a whole new concept. tying back into BB, imo is a bad idea.

14. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

It could be the Frasier after Cheers folded. No reason it can't succeed as long as there is an interesting story to tell.

15. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

They could be in the same scene but not interact; e.g. Walt could be valeting Saul's car in a pre BB cameo (if the timelines allow it).

16. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

So this is premiering with two episodes on February 8 and 9th! On Chris Hardwick's Twitter account, he says that Better Call Saul will air right after TWD, and then Talking Dead will follow at 11:00. What a night of TV! I'm so excited. After that, Better Call Saul will air on Mondays.

17. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Eyebrow guy could be back! Jesse or Walt could appear in the background buying stuff or there could be scenes at school. The possibilities are endless! Just because they don't cross paths yet doesn't mean you can't have appearances. They could interact with other characters, like Saul's brother. You've also also got Skyler, Marie, Hank, Walt Jr., (although he might be too old to play his younger self now—but what the hell, Michael J Fox did it).

18. CozzBozz

CozzBozz New Member

I don't want a big part y'know, like maybe just one scene with Jesse in the background sorta thing? It would be nice to have a Breaking Bad 'Easter Egg' - if you will. I agree that if they involve it back into Breaking Bad directly it probably won't go down well, however I really hope Gus' story is told, considering Vince was thinking of making the Prequel series "The Rise of Gus"- or something a long those lines

19. CozzBozz

CozzBozz New Member

Yeah that's exactly what I meant by a cameo! It definitely wouldn't be wise to have them back again as major characters, or even side characters but having them in a few scenes like that would be nice to see

20. Stealth

Yes, it's shaping up to be not only a great night but an excellent late winter for TV, with TWD returning and Better Call Saul kicking off. I can't wait.