Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Black actors showcased in this episode.

Discussion in 'Episode 503 - Four Walls and a Roof' started by Alina, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Oh so Dale might been in for longer in the show? Could Bob have been a filler character then? Since he kinda replaces the Comic Dale.

2. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Bob could have been brought in just to fill that part. He was not a part of the comic.

3. Franklin

Franklin Member

This response is to all four of you!

It is completely illogical to say "maybe black people don't know how to be walkers or want to be walkers". That's extremely racist. It's like saying "maybe white people don't know how to dance or rap". It is commonly known that blacks are the least desired or hired group of actors and movie set assistants in non-black culture shows and movies with the exception of huge black stars. Look at the hundreds of Walkers from season one. There is no way in hell that zero black people audition to be a walker. It is also unlikely that no black people has attended zombie school.

4. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Extremely racist to say there is no evidence that Darabont was actively not allowing black people to be part of the show? Seriously? This chicken little stuff does just as much damage to race relations as actual racism.

5. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;bj8a9SUX2jQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj8a9SUX2jQ[/video]

6. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

When did I say that?

7. Franklin

Franklin Member

There is plenty of evidence of this. You are racist for defending racism. Did Darabont hire blacks to be Walkers? HELL NO! Did Darabont give black characters in the group an active role or strong position in the story line? Hell No! Did he give T-Dog any lines in most episodes in season 2? Hell No!

8. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

From what I read in the four people quoted in that post; it seems that none of you actually said those words.

Misinterpreted and misquoted. :p

9. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any Hispanic, or Asian, or Indian, or oompa loompan walkers under Darabont either.

The majority of America is White, that's why the majority of walkers are White as well (I'd just like to make it clear that just because someone looks White doesn't mean they're white, I could easily pass for White but I'm not entirely sure my ethnicity is considered White). It's obvious that the majority in entertainment would be White as well...they're the friggin majority for crying out loud.

The fact that Darabont added Jacqui and T-dog (who aren't comic characters) nullifies your argument. Darabont was already out by the beginning of Season 2 anyway, so I don't know what you're ranting about, honestly.

10. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Well, less than 400 posts over two years indicates to me that this person is just using one of his IDs to troll the thread.

11. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

I haven't see any Narcoleptic Argentineans either. It's a conspiracy.

12. Franklin

Franklin Member

You sound more racist than a lot of people here. It's perfectly fine to please the majority to a certain extent. That does not justify Darabont refusing to hire minorities to be Walkers in season 1. It also does not mean that minorities should be ignored. The current producers and directors have increase racial diversity on the show since Darabont was fired. Have you not noticed how that quickly happened? If Darabount was still the director then there is a damn good chance Bob would be white, Woodburry would only have white people, and Rick's current group would have one to two blacks.

Jacqui and T-Dog do not nullify my argument. T-Dog was barely given any lines in season 2. Jacqui didn't make it pass the first season and dropped the black cast to one member.

You're right the majority of America is white. HOWEVER, the MAJORITY OF ATALANTA IS BLACK. Let that sink into your mind for a bit. The south has the largest African American population in America. It should have the largest black Walker population by default. The new team in season 3 and forward has added racial diversity to the casting of Walkers. I have seen more black Walkers since Darabont was fired.

13. DietWater

I'm just going to let you keep crying racism while I continue watching 5x04.

14. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Yes, there were black walkers in season 1. WTF?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. DietWater

Anticipating Franklin's reply:

"Not enough. You're a racist!"

16. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I'm ready. :zombies_lol:

Yeah, if I sat down and watched all of season 1, and took note of every single instance of a black walker, and then compared that number to the demographics of Atlanta and calculated a ratio, I imagine that their numbers would be lacking. But they are definitely there, contrary to what has been stated and freaked out about in this thread.

17. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

There's a lack of black "walkers" because black folks "RUN"
    [video=youtube;93YKE4S1x7E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93YKE4S1x7E[/video]

Plain and simple answer, no racism, just realism.

When white people were going towards the danger to help people who got bitten, black folks was runnin' the opposite direction.

#77 WillyJakkz, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  18. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

No I morely meant that racism do exist, and this might have done so that non of the coloured people dropped by the movie set to be part. Thinking they WONT get a part. Even if the producer wanted more African-Americans.

I mean, have you done a academical research to know that there is NOT a single African-American in that bunch of zombies?

EDIT: And seemingly there was! Debunct.

They could probably get more but it is a start and TWD got some AAAWESOME African-Americans. I come from a country where racism is used for everything. So to me it is mindnumbing to hear the word. But yes, there could be more coloured walkers but it was not all Caucausian. What I found more stereotypical was the latino gang. They even had that Latin American mama and them taking care of the family like proper Catholic people. We got a Korean, 4 African-Americans (3 now) several caucausians. How is Georgias demography looking for Latin Americans? Asians, Middle Easterns? Europeans (Proper Europeans who speak other languages not Euro-Americans who been around for generations)

#78 Marc, Nov 3, 2014
  19. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Never mind. My post before the edit would've done nothing but continue an argument. You're not worth the effort, and to continue this with you would be a waste of my time.

#79 rabscuttle1, Nov 3, 2014
  20. Franklin

Franklin Member

LOL 3 maybe 4 (the last pic is questionable due to light and makeup) in a population with 50% African Americans. Don't give me that crap.