Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Black Mirror

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Neuropyramidal, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Watched the first episode of this show on Netflix this afternoon. I liked it. A dark comedy with a lot of social commentary lurking just below the surface. Only 7 episodes exist, but Netflix just picked it up for 12 more.

2. Neuropyramidal

I've watched 4 episodes of this now. After the pilot, the show kind of scraped the dark comedy aspect and went for straight drama/sci-fy/dystopia, in varying proportions depending on the episode. The pilot is the strongest episode, but I'm still liking it quite a bit.

3. Neuropyramidal

Episode 7 "A Christmas Special" came out yesterday on Netflix. I just watched it, and its a pretty fair hour of television. ;) I predicted the ending about 15 minutes into it, but I still enjoyed the ride. And it stars Jon Hamm.

4. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

@Neuropyramidal know you started this months ago, but I had to comment. I've seen Black Mirror with friends and loved it. It reminds me of a modern day Twillight Zone. You're right about the dark aspect of it, and also the social commenatary part. Really great show. I'll have to go back and look up episodes. I remember one where this couple was cheating on each other, another that had to do with t.v. and media. I'm being vague as it's been awhile.

5. Neuropyramidal

I loved the episode where the girl wakes up not knowing where she is, and everyone on earth seems to have gone crazy while she slept lol.

6. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

LOL that actually sounds similar to Rick Grimes in "Days Gone Bye" and "Rip Van Winkle." I'll have to check that episode out!

7. Neuropyramidal

Brand New season of 6 episodes was just released on Netflix a few days ago!!! I didn't realize that until just now.

8. Charmander

Charmander Member

Everyone needs to watch this show. I haven't finished the latest season yet, just finished San Junipero last night. Can't figure out which was my favourite episode. :)

9. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I love Black Mirror - interesting ideas and great stories. I just finieshed the third season and I especially liked the first two episodes (the one with the woman, who messed up her wedding speech and loosing her social status - I really loved the acrtess- and the one with the american tourist in London, who volunteered for a video game company - that one was scary as hell, but well executed)

I like, that every story keeps me thinking for a long time, especially the ones, who are set more or less in our time like the very first one with the prime minister and the pig or the one with the woman and the wedding speech.

10. Heriot of Fire

Just watched The Entire History Of You, which I gather is the the third episode of Season 1. Intriguing concept and will definitely watch more of it this week.
    Can't go wrong with Charlie Brooker.

11. Heriot of Fire

Just watched "White Bear', which is definitely my favourite so far. Terrifying as fook and thought provoking, the end just killed it. Outstanding show, judging from the three episodes I've seen.

12. Heriot of Fire

Suppose they can't end Walking Dead like that anymore now, but I still stand by my Derren Brown theory.

13. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

I just watched the third season and came away very impressed. I skipped the first two given that the third season seemed universally well received and I could always double back as each episode is self contained.

I am curious though, is there any difference in style/tone between season 3 and the first two BBC only?

14. Neuropyramidal

I've watched the first 3 episodes of S3 so far, and the style compared to the first 2 seasons is basically the same. The very first episode of S1 had some comedic undertones which were largely dropped in subsequent episodes....but other than that..the same.

15. Heriot of Fire

The virtual gaming episode aside, I find the third season quite disappointing tbh. Still got the final episode to watch.

16. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I loved that episode - I ended up watching it again just so I could see it again from a new perspective after I knew what was going on. It's crazy all of the comments that were said throughout the episode that only made sense after knowing what happened, and i either didn't catch them during the first watch or i was confused for a second and just moved on.

17. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I had never heard of this show until [MENTION=2175]page[/MENTION] pointed it out to me recently. I watched the first episode of season 1 last night and came away a bit traumatized. LMAO

I really am going to like this show.

18. Neuropyramidal

I came across it a year or more ago when I was randomly browsing netflix. Then after I watched all the episodes, I looked on the internet and realized it had a huge cult following. Some episodes are good. Some are great.

19. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

After
    reading all the comments here, I am excited to blast through them.

20. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I'm still working my way through them out of order, and when the episodes are really dark i can usually only handle 1 mayyybe 2 at a time. There's just so much to think about/process with each episode.