Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Bob? Would you feel safe with him?

Discussion in 'Episode 413 - Alone' started by Toothpick, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

Maybe I have trust issues, but does anyone else share my suspicions about Bob? The soe survivour of two previous groups, really? How? Did he use his previous companions as walker bait so he could escape an attack? I think he's a bit creepy He did say he did some bad things because he was scared. But having said that the opening of Alone was fantastic, I really felt for the guy.... great acting from LGJnr. The whole kissing Shasha scene was unexpected , but why wouldn't he? Shes beautiful but does he have Maggie in his sights too? The way he looked at Magie when they caught up with him on the railway tracks says a lot.

I need to know more of his back story he's a very intriguing character, more so than Daryl at the moment. I understand the need to not want to be alone, but is that because of things before the ZA?

2. Carl Grimes

Carl Grimes Member

I trust him.

3. Mongo23

Mongo23 New Member

I think that if we have a sober Bob then he would be someone to count on and I would feel safe around him. Drunk Bob, not so much. I mean he pretty much killed Beth's boyfriend trying to get that bottle earlier in the season.

4. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

I haven't liked Bob....EVER. I think he's drunk/high all the time and after his revelation that he got that guy killed over a bottle of booze....add that to the "I've been with 3 groups and they've all died off" weight....Yeah Bob would be continuing his lonely walk in the opposite direction of me.

5. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I thought it was an omen when he said he was the sole survivor of 2 other groups. He's not to be counted on when the going gets tough. He might turn on the main characters, but may just run out on them when they need him.

6. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I like Bob, but it seems that when you're an alcoholic, there's always the threat of a relapse.

There's a big risk that if Bob comes across a bottle of liquor, he'll take it, get drunk, and cause himself or someone in the group to get killed by walkers or bandits.

So would I trust him? only in a controlled environment like the prison.

7. ShamblingCorpse

I trust him in the fact that I don't think that he is malicious or has bad intentions. I think that he may not be dependable like Rick or Daryl when the s*** gets real and as the lone survivor of a couple of groups is a red flag. However I don't think we've seen anything that makes him a threat or untrustworthy and his medical skills would be very handy to have. I don't have a problem with Bob, he's flawed but basically a good guy.

8. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

Yeah, Bob isn't an open book. He's hiding something...

9. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

Would I feel safe with him? No, but not because he has issues. He just doesn't seem like a strong person to me, and if the shyte hit the fan, I just have the impression he wouldn't be able to pull his weight as well as some others.

10. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Hell Naw!

I think he may be E-Vil!

Although the more I see of him the less serious he seems to be taken as a direct threat instead of just a passive one.

But in the interest of the discussion,no he is just wrong somehow?

11. Busted Flipflop

So far he appears trustworthy and there hasn't been anything to show otherwise. But .... this is TV and you have to always think and anticipate 3 paces ahead, so I wouldn't be surprised if they've written something utterly surprising and weird about him.

12. MassiveDynamic

MassiveDynamic La Jiggy Jar Jar Doo

yeah i was wondering the same.. seems fishy that out of two groups he was the only one who survived. Maybe when the groups came under attack he took off and didnt fight with the rest.. who knows. Maybe we'll find out.

13. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I'm not suspicious of bob but I wouldn't feel safe with him like I would with someone like Daryl or Tyreese...or even Glenn.

14. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

That's because Bob killed the jerk who was stealing your girlfriend, but we understand. :Grin:

15. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think its unfair to blame bob for Zack's death. Any shelf could have done the same thing. It just happened to be the shelf with wine on it, and frankly, almost anyone would grab wine in their situation. I sure would. It was a freak accident that the walkers and helicopter were on the roof. The only thing to blame for Zack's death is the zombie apocalypse and dumb luck.

16. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

They're all suspicious characters!! You'd feel safe with neuropyramidal!! :p

17. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Not Me!!! That Neuro is one crazzy SOB!!!

18. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

I think Bob ate the other two groups.

19. sam12six

sam12six Member

Yeah, it always slays me when people feel that this incident is proof that Bob is unreliable. First, if he'd just kept the wine, everything would be fine. It wasn't until he put it back that he knocked the shelf off. Second, how you gonna blame him that a shelf rickety enough to collapse when you drop a wine bottle on it also happens to be the only thing holding up an entire roof and the dozen zombies on it? If someone else had triggered the collapse would we be talking about how Daryl's Cheetos addiction is gonna get everybody killed?

The other thing, and I've said it before, we've never seen Bob drink a drop of alcohol (we have now, but it was a flashback, he was alone and he was pretty responsible about securing his hideout before he started). I don't care how guilty the guy seems when alcohol is right in front of him, before I'd label him an automatic liability, I'd wait for him to actually do something that hurts the group.

20. AndyChicago

AndyChicago Member

I really like Bob and his happy go-lucky attitude. That is why he needs to die soon.