Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Burning the bodies

Discussion in 'Episode 103 - The Dog' started by Maeva, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Maeva

Maeva Member

It sounds reasonable to prevent the spread of infection, but maybe it doesn't. As in, maybe this is part of why everyone has become a carrier if scientists suspect that it's airborne bacteria or a virus of some sort. All that smoke goes into the atmosphere, which everyone eventually breathes or ingests.

A similar thing was portrayed in Return of the Living Dead. They cut up that cadaver who was reanimated with the military chemicals (?) and incinerated the pieces. The smoke went into the atmosphere, then it rained, the water soaked into the ground and the tombs, bringing back the dead in the cemetery near that mortuary supply place / crematorium or whatever it was.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

If the thing that causes re animation was a toxin, then I agree that would be a concern. A bacteria or virus wouldn't spread this way, but at this stage they don't know much, so inhaling the smoke could be dangerous. I think they are kind of assuming it is a biological infection which is why they didn't think of that.

My question was, if Travis really thought the government was going to have this under control soon, why bury the guy in his own back yard? A superficial non-embalmed burial just under the surface like that isn't a long term solution anyway. His corpse would stink up the entire yard in just a few days. Might as well just cover him with something, that way when someone of authority came by they could take him. Burying him like that was more the action of a person who knew civilization was over and no one would be BBQing here again.

3. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

This is a good question, but at this point they don't trust the police. It was either Travis or Madison who said the police are part of the problem in E2. They probably don't want to let anyone know they have been in close contact with any of the infected, or exposed, as the military was asking. Admitting to blowing your neighbor's reanimated corpse head off his shoulders would have probably gotten them all quarantined - definite exposure to blood and bodily fluids!

Besides nobody wants an infected Peter just hanging around :Grin:

#3 Camilleyun, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  4. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Maddie was the one that told him if they weren't leaving that night, to take care of Peter, I think she wanted him and the dog out of sight of everyone, so covering him up may not have been a solution, pretty small yard and full house. Travis wouldn't have burned him, to barbaric, Daniel has probably seen bodies burned to prevent spread of disease so nothing new to him. Burning them didn't even cross Travis' mind until Daniel mentioned it. I think Travis thought they'd go merrily on their way and it would be a long time before anyone had to deal with this, and it was an infected intruder, attacking him, and Daniel shot him. Plus 911 was closed down, who could they get to come get him? Of course his group had also seen the cops shooting down people at the hospital too, so maybe i the back of their minds it's not a big deal legally.

5. shhh its me

shhh its me Member

Didn't he bury him before the army got there? I thought it was a lot Maddie "I am not sitting here all night looking at our dead neighbor" and a little everyone "We shouldn't just leave a body out in the open in our yard." These are not master criminals, they're doing a lot of reacting an oscillating between "This is the end" and "Things will be fine in a few days or weeks, we need to keep that in mind."

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

True but it seemed that Travis didn't cover the body with dirt until the next morning when they were about to leave anyway. burying was still an odd choice, I thought, that indicated more of a dire understanding. He could have dragged Peter another couple dozen feet or so and taken him to his own yard or house. Especially if he asked Nick to help. Digging that hole would likely have taken at least a couple hours.

#6 Neuropyramidal, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  7. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Who knows? They might be BBQing again ala Terminus fashion someday.