Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Can you eat a walker?

Discussion in 'Episode 415 - Us' started by Morgotha, Mar 26, 2014.

1. tink

tink Well-Known Member

The thing with cooking is you can never be 100% sure. With anything food-borne, there is always a possibility that one little part of the food will not be cooked well enough, and it slips through. That's one thing with e-coli or other bacteria, but with a fatal disease you are never going to want to risk it.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Which is what I already stated in my original post.

3. Ricktatorship80

I suppose you could eat a walker if suicide was your thing. lol

4. BuckToothed

BuckToothed Member

You just described marriage sex...

5. DeafManWalks

DeafManWalks Member

Please. Not while I'm eating!

6. Grizzzly540

Grizzzly540 Member

Maybe the reason why we don't see maggots all over them is because they are up walking around all the time. How determined must the flies be to lay eggs on some dude walking down the street. Perhaps they do not appear dead enough to them. Bacteria is another story because I do not imagine walkers have much of an immune system, but if they were truly decomposing they wouldn't be walking around for 2 years I don't think.

7. Writer

Writer Member

You could eat a walker, but you would most likely wind up as a walker yourself. The problem is not just the bacteria in the meat. Cooking will usually kill that. However, the bacteria could produce toxins that will "taint" the meat. No amount of cooking will get rid of it. For example, Botulism is not caused by the bacteria. It is caused by the toxin produced by the bacteria.

8. lilyleesh9

lilyleesh9 Member

Would you want to eat flesh that's been dead for months, maybe years? Flesh that you know is infected with a strain that kills and mutates any human it spreads to?

9. Matt Taylor

Matt Taylor New Member

Does eating a venomous kill you?
    If it does I'd say eating a walker would too

10. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Well, venom is a chemical poison, whereas whatever the walkers transmit is likely microbiological. Whether or not it could be transmitted by eating cooked meat would depend on exactly what it is, and how heat resistant the agent and/or the toxins it produces are.

11. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

by the time you realize that there are very few of them....it is too late

12. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

Who would want to ? I wouldn't even eat a chicken I had cooked myself and kept in the fridge if the flesh was all putrid and hanging. Never mind the stink rotten walker smell, itwould make you heave. I think we are programmed to be repulsed by things that are unhealthy. On the other hand would eating walkers instead of survivors be more forgivable if that's what the good folk of Terminus have been up to. And the walkers don't attack them because they know what's going on? Maybe future development for evolution of walkers; they start to think? Nah ..I don't see it. Let them remain as shambling unco-ordinated eating monsters not cannibal chow or future chess champions.

13. Screaminleeman

The "turned" humans literally show severe signs of decomposition within minutes of the transformation. They make road kill decomposition look like fresh flash frozen kill!

The "butchers" in Terminus that Rick intentionally turned were looking not so edible in minutes.

14. Charmander

Charmander Member

Mmm, Bon Appétit. You can make anything taste better when it's smothered in gravy.[h=3][/h][h=3][/h]

15. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Try it. Lemme know how it goes. I'll stick with venison in the ZA.

for what it's worth, if you eat Zombie flesh in Minecraft, you get sick.