Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carl shot the Gov

Discussion in 'Episode 408 - Too Far Gone' started by Lori Grimes, Dec 23, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

Does anyone else think when Hershel was chopped and Rick firing all crazy-town/dramatic/upset style meant that it was actually Carl who hit the Gov in the arm? I dunno, it just seemed to me he was raring to go beforehand, had to have Daryl tell him to chill out and then he opened fire right away. Daryl was also questioning whether a shot from Carl would have been accurate at that distance...and the round did get the Gov in the arm not a vital organ.

Does it matter? Probably not but I think it would have been cool if it was Carl...

2. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

It was Carl.

Initially he said he could end it, implying he had a clear shot at The Governor's head. It wasn't until everyone started shooting and the chaos unfolded that he aim and concentration was swayed. Still managed to get him in the arm though.

3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It was still an good shot though, getting him in the upper arm from that distance. The Governor and others were also moving at that time when the shot was fired.

4. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

... Didn't Rick shoot the Gov in the arm?

5. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

Was it?... Now I'm confused.
    Shall replay the moment tomorrow..

6. Sco

Sco Member

I don't think any of Rick's initial shots got anyone. I had more the impression it was Carl who hit the Gov's arm.

7. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't. I think we can safely say he was not in the best state of mind when he pulled his gun..

8. Sadie Dixon

Sadie Dixon Active Member

It was Carl :) he had his gun on him the whole time..he even told Daryl he had a good shot. He was the first to fire, so he definitel shot him. Rick didn't shoot anyone though

[​IMG]

9. gavuk

gavuk Member

Wasn't it raised on the "Weapons used ..... " section of the forum that someone posted that Carls rifle didn't have a rear sight making any distance shots difficult/impossible

So it may have been him....... or maybe not........

10. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

lol, that's just spliced together misleadingly. I could do the same thing with Rick. A lot actually happens in between these scenes that are spliced together [such as Rick also shooting his gun]. I have a feeling that you guys are correct, and it was suppose to be Carl who shot him, but there's no way to know for sure just by watching the show, unless the director or producers tells you. The real scene shows Rick and Carl shooting almost simultaneously, and then The gov grabbing his shoulder. But my guess is that its suppose to be Carl.

12. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

The question is if they cared about that during shooting the scene.

13. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

I know. I thought it just looked cool.

[​IMG]

14. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Agreed :)

15. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I didn't notice who shot the gov, but I did notice that Carl was the first one to fire a shot after rick did...I thought that was cute. Following his dad's lead (even though he wanted to fire shots way sooner :)

16. Shonen

Shonen Member

I don't think Carl shot the governor. My interpretation of the scene is this.

1)Rick fires a shot hitting the governor in the arm.
    2) Carl sees Rick backing off, and unloading his gun as a signal to fire.
    3) Carl fires, but the governor had already ducked his head under to grab his arm. This caused the bullet to miss and hit the tank instead.

17. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Bullets are too fast for that to have happened.

18. Shonen

Shonen Member

Human reaction time isn't though. They'll be a small time elapse betweeb carl shot and rick.This time elapse comes about because first Carl has to hears the shot, then carl has to pull the trigger. By then the governor could of already shifted his head downward.

19. Sco

Sco Member

Or those are just shots from the rest of the group.... I think we're looking too deep into this now.

Bottom line, regardless of the gun's performance, Carl was ready to fire and Rick was acting on impulse. Either could have got the shot on the arm.

20. GeekBait

GeekBait Member

I hope Carl did. I like to think Carl did some damage to the Governor.