Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carol didn't kill Karen and David

Discussion in 'Episode 403 - Isolation' started by Willzy123, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

:zombies_cool: I highly doubt Lizzie killed 2 full grown adults. But that's just me

#141 Gaycandybacon, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  2. Stuff&Thangs

Stuff&Thangs Well-Known Member

Two ​week and sick adults, mind you.

3. Gaycandybacon

To everyone in this thread :zombies_blush:

4. Gaycandybacon

Ya BUT A LITTLE GIRL? Taking out 2 people! Oh ya maybe Carol carried the bodies and burned them and let Lizzie just flat out kill them.

It's very very very very very very very unlikely. I would be pleasantly surprised if that happened though, don't get me wrong that would be AMAZINGLY AWESOME!

One reason why I think it's total bs for Lizzie to kill them, is because Carol has never murdered anyone! Until last episode.

Why would she want Lizzie to take that burden without having never doing that before? I dunno man. She could of helped Carol do it. But still, I don't think Carol would make her now children do that, even though she wants them to be stronger.

5. Miami Vice

Miami Vice New Member

The kids are growing up in a f#%ked up world where death lurks at every corner, literally. Growing up in a post-apocalyptic world full of walkers has to take a pretty deep psychological toll on the children. We saw Carl begin to go down a dangerous path, although luckily he seems to of calmed down & become more responsible recently.

Like Porfivor Nixon was saying, the concept of dead and alive to the children is probably murky. They don't have as good an understanding of killing walkers vs killing living people. When Carl was telling Lizzie & Mika that walkers are not the same because they'll kill and eat you, Lizzie responded by saying that people kill people also... She sees the group routinely killing walkers so in her mind killing a person may not be any different.

6. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I reiterate my guess that Carol killed because she was requested so by either Karen (who has killed David herself) or by both Karen and David.
    This is the issue of 'mercy killing', aka Dr Kevorkian.

7. Busted Flipflop

Wow, good catch. I never even thought of that! That's a good and valid reason. Now that sounds more consistent with Carol's character. The mercy killing idea is certainly plausible. But we still have the burning bodies to contend with. Good catch.

8. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Rewatch the episode. At one point in the confrontation between Rick and Tyreese, Tyreese shouts, "Bring them to me!!!!", and the camera cuts to Carols face. This is the most telling look from Carol. It's when she realizes that these dead people's lives have meaning, and they are loved, and just the horror of what she has done. The look tells you everything you need to know about Carol's guilt.

9. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

Interesting theory, that Carol may be covering for someone else. Actually I'd like to see that pan out, rather than a more simple storyline in which Carol did indeed kill Karen and David. Guess we'll find out in the coming shows.

10. Porfivor Nixon

But why wouldn't Carol just tell people that? Tyreese is out for blood and could easily hurt someone if he thought they killed them, so why wouldn't Carol just tell them they asked her to kill them and she did. I just don't see why she would hide that afterward.

11. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

I think Carol might have "re-killed" them after they died. She might even have put them down as they were suffocating in their own blood --more of a mercy killing. She burned them to protect everybody else. I have no problem with her doing that. So much of what Rick, Hershel and the council have done (like letting Rick run around outside the walls without a gun for several months and doing nothing about reinforcing those fences for several months) has just been anti-survival. So, I'm Pro-Carol, the same way I was Pro-Shane over the Otis situation. She made a decision to protect the survival of those she cared about and now she is traumatized by it. It's interesting though -- it shows Carol has no confidence whatsoever in the Council to do the right thing. And now she's frightened of Tyrese as well as the rest of them. She shouldn't have confessed to Rick(who can't be trusted), anymore than Shane should have confessed.

As to the Lizzie-did-it-theory -- the kid can't weigh 80 pounds. No way. These 2 sisters might be weird. Lizzie and Mika might be the ones feeding the walkers. But having the strength to drag two dead humans out and set them on fire -- NO. The walkers may not need to be realistic, but the humans do need to be realistic for this series to work. So -- no, not Lizzie.

12. whitestar1

whitestar1 Member

I just read a some spoilers for tomorrow's episode and I am completely pissed.

Kirkman and co serious have a problem with writing female leads and its now obvious they didn't listen are care about the criticism they got for Lori and Andrea last year.

13. Jinx

Jinx Member

I highly doubt Lizzie killed them on her own. Cmon. She could probably only kill them if they were at very end of their strength, like be unable to move or they would be sleeping. You see everyone can still walk even tho they are sick, so they could easily defend them selves. OR she had the gun? But I doubt that.

14. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

About my theory of mercy killing, the reason of burning the bodies is not to hide but to prevent further spreading, similar to Rick's burning of the pig pen (which is definitely not for hiding reason).

As to why Carol did not tell when Tyreese discovered the bodies, I think it is the intensity of the situation, especially Tyreese's extremely unstable emotional behaviour, that made Carol hesistated.

But even at the request of Karen to kill, she still was not that eager in the beginning and probably wanted to talk her out of it. This is why Carol felt so much guilt when she saw Tyreese's reaction to Karen's death. Carol does 'stupid' things twice as a subconscious way to punish herself (1st time is deliberately going out of the prison on her own to fix the clogged hose and 2nd time will be her not walking away from the staris when the female zombie falls straight down)

I think Andrew Lincoln mentioned that one of the character played God and this must be Carol.

15. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

What were the spoilers? Please don't tell me it was just that Carol actually did it and now you are acting like that's a surprise.

What problems did Lori even have last year? She didn't do anything questionable before she died.

16. TWDlover92

TWDlover92 Member

Carol is the killer and many sources have been stating it since last week. She did it by herself and both Karen and David were still alive when it happened. We still don't know if it was a mercy kill or just killing in cold blood but we'll get a little flashback of Carol killing at least one of them and dragging Karen's body through the prison. Case closed.

17. EvieE

EvieE Member

I think she did it. If Daryl Michonne Bob and Tyrese survive their run, I hope they find some of this:

[​IMG]

18. Miami Vice

Miami Vice New Member

True. She must know that they'd find the bodies, it's not like they were hidden. And she'd also know that the situation would escalate. It doesn't make sense to me that she'd kill them, it's gonna be interesting to find out what happens.

19. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

I think she did one of them

20. Dead man walking

Yes she did. Now she's alone..