Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carol's hallucinations

Discussion in 'Episode 702 - The Well' started by Lindigo, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Oh, lordy, I can't even tell you how much this made me laugh!

2. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

I didnt think they were really hallucinations, but more showing more and more Carol's guilt about killing. We know, and she knows, walkers are not human really anymore. But she is seeing death all around her, and its wearing on her.

3. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Glad you got a chuckle out of it! : )
    I know what kind of grief having a neighbor from hell can cause.

4. Chiron

Chiron Member

That's a really good point. Of course we know she has angst about killing people - she told us herself in her letter. That situation with Lizzy was one of the most chilling in TWD and on TV. Now forever buried with poor Tyreese. But I did not make the link in that scene that Lizzy saw walkers probably the way Carol was. Carol had no issue before with killing walkers.

Carol was bleeding out so maybe a one off. I am just a bit over the whole "let me run away, I am running away" thing and the smiley I am sooooo undercover thing. Carol is a born anarchist. Within three minutes of being anywhere she is ready for a coup d'etat. She ran away again ok but kinda like when we were kids and told my parents we were running away FOREVVVVA and then pitched tents in the backgarden.

The Kingdom saved her life as did Morgan ( ok forgiven now for body slamming her) but to me she was a lil unpleasant to watch, never showing genuine gratitude that she had a safe place to recover and have cobbler! Not even Rick and crew are as benevolent. PTSD I get it but I miss the multidimensional Carol who was still badass but kind. Maybe she has a death wish but I don't believe that.

Now I really need to work out this spoiler button but since I don't read the comics does " test spoiler" count as a bona fide and responsible use of a spoiler tag?

5. Lindigo

How to get a spoiler box: When you hit Reply you will get an option to GO ADVANCED. Click on that. At the penultimate end of a long string of icons is one that you can finally make out says SPOILERS. Click on that.

The other way. Type

6. Chiron

Chiron Member

7. Lindigo

Ooooh. You have reminded me of Lizzie. I am going to fit her in with my

You are brilliant, Chiron.

#27 Lindigo, Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  8. Lindigo

LOL!

9. Chiron

Chiron Member

Tell me something I don't know dude.

Nah I think Lizzie was just ape cray. And Hershel believed in his God and resurrection. He was quoted as saying that when he went on the lash in the pub.
    @Lindigo safe to say step away from the spoiler box. You are gonna hurt yourself.

10. Lindigo

LOL

11. calliope

calliope Active Member

Except that TWD rarely does anything without it meaning something down the road. They went to a lot of trouble to get 5 sets of identical twins to film that sequence. I do hope it's just a manifestation of Carol's injuries and her guilt. I have no desire to see the show go down the road of questioning whether the Walkers still have some degree of humanity or not.

As far as Carol's ungrateful attitude, I don't disagree with you. She was being unpleasant, both to Morgan who had saved her and Ezekiel who had been nothing but kind and forgiving. During that sequence outside of the theatre with Morgan after her audience, I had the overwhelming feeling that it was Ed she was speaking to, not Morgan. Finally standing up and telling him it was not his choice what she does or doesn't do, it is hers. Now that we see what an amazingly strong character Carol is, it must have taken quite a bit of psychological and physical abuse to keep her under Ed's thumb. I think that's what she's reacting to.

12. Chiron

Chiron Member

No way, I hope not either. They have already not bothered with cause, spread or cure so that would just be pants plus in the comics I don't think they explore that. In early episodes walkers were using tools and seemed to react more to their surroundings without just going in to eat, eat, eeaaaattt ( stone against windows, reaction to Rick and Glenn when the rain fell) and the writers quickly stuffed that which was good. But maybe as you said the film sequence is a good way of showing us Carol's own demons about killing people, Lizzy being the most soul destroying of them all. I liked the sequence visually actually it was different, but definitely do not want any existential questions about walkers.

13. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

I liked Carol's hallucinations. Thing of what was running through her mind seeing all these healthy humans killed in cold blood. The hallucinations maybe foreshadowing for something greater, or maybe she was delirious and there's no deeper meaning.

14. StaceFace

StaceFace Member

It's hard to say if they were hallucinations, reflections of the past or a path for future story lines. But I think with everything Carol has been through, it's bound to have some affect on her mental state.

She was a cancer survivor, a domestic abuse vicitm, her daughter was killed by a walker, she killed the infected in the prison and was exiled, she killed Lizzy, was left with looking after Judith, she saved everyone from terminus, accepted back into the group, put on a show to fool alexandrians of what she is capable of, threathens young sam, has hiccups with Morgan over killing, Sam dies (not her fault but probably felt guilty of the way she treated him), she runs away, gets ambushed, has to kill a bunch of saviours and then gets shot.

I may have missed some bits or not got it all in the right order but this woman has gone through some tough sh!t. I think she was ready to give up a while ago but someone has always needed saving, and that's why shes distancing herself from people. No-one to love - no-one to save. When she started seeing the walkers as people she started to move away, probably in hopes to get away from any being - dead OR alive, so she wasnt faced with killing them. I think she's come to terms with how messed up her life (pre and post ZA) really is and she wants to seclude herself from it all. I think Eziekel on the other hand has another idead :zombies_cuinlove:

15. Lian

Lian Member

Yeah good one !
    That sure was a bit of a shocker .....
    :hatchet:

16. Lindigo

Upon rewatching, I find I have to refine my initial observation. When Carol saw the Walkers as their original selves, half of them were before they were brain killed and half were after they were brain killed.

17. Chiron

Chiron Member

18. Lindigo

19. Chiron

Chiron Member

20. calliope

calliope Active Member

I remember all the rest, but when were we told that Carol was cancer survivor? I missed that!