Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carol's letter

Discussion in 'Episode 614 - Twice as Far' started by jeebs, Mar 20, 2016.

1. jeebs

jeebs Well-Known Member

Was anyone else a little peeved that Carol writes a goodbye letter and leaves it for Tobin of all people? I get that they've started a little thing together, but c'mon. I'm no Caryl shipper, but Daryl should have gotten that letter, or Maggie, or someone else from Team Family. No?

2. Spartangal22

Spartangal22 Member

Yes. Absolutely. The Tobin storyline (can it even be called a storyline?) is rushed and implausible. I thought, initially, it was Carol just attempting to be normal and she would realize it wasn't going to work, but now it seems like they are actually trying to pass off Tobin, who she has had all of four lines with, as her second love and I don't buy it at all. The Carol stuff this week was very out of place.

3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Tobin said she left in the middle of the night. It was convenient to leave it with him and she could get out of there without any one else the wiser. Besides she mentioned some things about not being able to love anyone because she couldn't kill for them, and Tobin is the one she was in a "romantic" relationship with. She knew the letter would make the circuit the minute Tobin read it.

4. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I'm peeved too, but Tobin is a friend and the letter was addressed to the whole community, not him.

5. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Yes, I was thinking this too...she knew Tobin wouldn't come after her right away and give her plenty of time to get out of there. She left it for everyone, with Tobin as the messenger with a delayed delivery.

6. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

I think so too, that Tobin could be expected to share with everyone, while Daryl might not have? Shes good friends with Daryl, but maybe feel more obligated towards Tobin, having been intimate.

7. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

After everything she's gone through with the group, you would think she would tell them goodbye, it's been fun, kiss my ass or something.

8. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Besides kissing, I don't think Carol and Tobin have been intimate. I think they have a ritual where Carol leaves the group's house late at night and sits beside Tobin on his porch swing, and they talk and smoke cigarettes until morning.

#8 Rapscallion, Mar 20, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  9. EvieE

EvieE Member

I'm just mad that she's gone period. But this gives her another opportunity to save Rick and crews butts again.

10. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

She left to infiltrate Negan's group and destroy them from the inside...Chameleon Carol is at it again.

11. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Nah, they were shacked up. He said she must have left in the middle of the night and he didn't know it. If you're sitting on porch swing together smoking, you'd know when the other person left. I took it they were in bed together and he was sound asleep. Woke up in the morning and there was the letter.

12. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

Yeah she definitely left the bed cold.....

13. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I think they did the deed 2 weeks ago when they kissed and she said it wasn't tomorrow yet, in other words they had that night. And many more since. And Carol was set to leave back at Terminus with Tyrese and then after when she and Daryl chase after the cross car. She is now acting on what she was planning to do then. She even said in the letter when Rick kicked her out she wasn't coming back. She is exiling herself so she can hide out and not kill anymore.

14. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

It was all a very sad episode for me, on the other hand I am NOT sad that she left Tobin.
    Tobin might be sad, but I'm not.

15. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I felt this way too, but I think it was easier for her to leave the message with someone she wasn't emotionally bonded with. Trying to leave that note with someone like Rick or Daryl would have made it too real.

16. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Why did denise dying of all people put her over the edge?

Oh i guess because she realized daryl should have killed Dwight and has to do those decisions in order to save those he loves.

17. Hershels Head

Hershels Head Member

Wait, so she's legit gone? That happened so fast. For a character through 6 seasons (well, 5) to just be gone over a 30 second letter.. wtf?

This now makes her status "Unknown" like the Morales' family?

Totally sucks, man. Hope she's back to kick some ass but after that last bit of ass-kicking I don't know how she can come back and kick more as without feeling bad about it. She's gone through some shit. I just hope we see her happy one last time.

18. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

she felt she couldn't be there to kill again, and they are preparing for Negan to come now. They know it's just a matter of time.

19. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

^This is the only thing that makes any sense to me.^

With everything Carol has been through with these people, the only people she has left in the world, people who she truly loves and knowing they are in imminent grave danger, for the to just abandon them right now.......really makes no sense at all.

#19 mtito914, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  20. mfinley

mfinley Member

The whole Carol soul searching, "whoa is me, I killed people..." thing is so lame and contrived, don't care for it, too out of place with the Carol character for her to suddenly become so damn torn. It's not like she was wishy washy in the past, she was a stone cold ruthless make the hard choices Carol.

A writer? We got a god damn Mickey Spillane here? You're a warrior private Carol, show me your war face! Yargh!!! Work on it.

[​IMG]