Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Cocky Rick

Discussion in 'Episode 611 - Knots Untie' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 28, 2016.

1. runcornwalker

runcornwalker Member

His cockiness is due to the fact that whilst he & his group have encountered losses along the way, they have so far yet to lose a fight & he is soooooo confident he will win this one.

2. Mick Turpin

Mick Turpin Member

They got the governor (and most of the prison series) badly wrong, character was all over the place and not a patch on his comic counterpart. They are following Kirkman's comics much more closely now so I think they'll have this nailed down well.

3. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

I misread it as Cuckold Rick. I was hoping to find out who Michone was getting it on with while Rick was running around in a "gimp" outfit.

4. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

Haha true! But I'm very worried about the group now since seeing this episode :(

5. Kevin7

Kevin7 New Member

While you're right I'm still going to go with it's because he just got laid. He's not thinking clearly due to the euphoria created by his night of pleasure with Michonne. Sexually frustrated Rick would have put more thought into his decision making IMHO. If you haven't felt like you could take on the world after the first time with someone whom you are emotionally connected to then you're obviously not doing it right :zombies_lol:

6. yuke

yuke Member

So here's my count. In No Way Out eight of the Saviors are killed by rocket and Daryl knifing.
    In Always Accountable (the episode where they find the grenade launcher) Sasha and Abraham kill 4-6 Saviors who had set up that ambush for Dwight and Co. , one Savior gets his arm chopped off after being bitten by a walker, and I forgot does Daryl kill any Saviors in that episode?

Also, the crew of Saviors with the arm chopped off guy, there were about 10-15?

So that 13-15 Saviors killed or wounded and 10-15 others who are known to exist?

7. jojo

jojo Member

I thought this thread was about Ricks Python not the one in his side holster.

8. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

I am reminded of my disappointment every time I see this thread title out on the main page.

9. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I'm sure this does play a part too lol. He's feeling on top of the world after being on top of Michonne.

10. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member

Anyone else think Michonne was probably on top?

11. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member

Of course it's a bad plan...this is like the governor prison assault take 3 but there's not much drama if Rick wins every battle. We all kind of know it's going to go bad the only question is the body count. There were similar threads during the prison/governor series. From a tactical standpoint it makes more sense to have snipers pick off the saviors from the relative safety of the tree line around the compound. Sasha, Carol and I think Maggie are all excellent with a rifle. We know the saviors are low on supplies because they mooch from Hilltop, etc... Sooner or later they'll have to come out or die of thirst/starvation.

12. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I'm sure it went both ways.

13. Backspace

Backspace New Member

I think Rick has lots of realistic motives for acting this way. Aside from the prison way back in S2, this group hasn't really had a base of operations until now that they are at ASZ. So if they did encounter a threat then it was a very valid option to try to avoid that threat (using stealth to go around it, speed to escape, etc). Also until reaching the ASZ all the other major groups they've come in contact with have been a threat: Woodbury, Terminus, Atlanta Hospital, Wolves, etc. Other than those groups, they've helped or joined all the friendly people they come across (Morgan, ASZ'ers, etc).

Now that they are in ASZ and they've encountered a group that is more than likely friendly (Hilltop) and a group that is definitely not friendly (Saviors) the only logical options are either (a) free Hilltop if you think you can defeat the Saviors or (b) abandon ASZ if you don't think you can defeat the Saviors. This is simply because they aren't going to be able to hide from the Saviors forever. First, it is clear they are geographically located near each other. Second, they are low on food and need to either go on more supply runs or interact with Hilltop.
    If you're going to eventually collide with the Saviors it would be better to do it deliberately with your group on the offensive and not accidentally while 2-4 people are on a supply run and then walk into an ambush (like the ambush Daryl, Sasha, and Abe were lucky enough to survive).

Anyway, given that you're going to have to eventually handle both objectives in order to survive (find food for your group and take on the Saviors) it is better to strike this deal with Hilltop now and kill two birds with one stone. If you wait for Hilltop to get stripped of its resources or get taken over by the Saviors then even if you do eventually beat the Saviors, you won't be any closer to finding a steady source of food.

So my point here is that I never questioned why Rick and his group are motivated to take the fight to the Saviors. That doesn't mean I think they should rush headlong into the fight without doing any reconnaissance, or that they should be cocky. But I don't think it would be realistic for Rick's group to go to all the trouble of finding ASZ only to abandon it and run at the first sign of trouble.

#73 Backspace, Mar 4, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  14. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

That would be consistent with their sleeping positions.