Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Coda [508] Complaints and Criticisms

Discussion in 'Episode 508 - Coda' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

Yes, that would have been more realistic and added some shock value to the scene too. Dawn could still have brought her gun up to kill Beth as she reeled from the attack - before being gunned down by Daryl...Generally a pretty good episode, I thought:zombies_cool:

2. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Holy smoley, speaking of Beth this episode...anyone seen how old the actress is? I got shocked when she was older than me. She do play a teenager superply well!

3. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

Ha ha! Me too, the first time. I think Beth means she gets that Dawn has been using her. However, it's not like she's been made to do anything too terrible - and Dawn has also saved her bacon too. Enough reason to try to kill her? If it's because Noah has felt he had to go back...again, would Beth really try to kill Dawn over that? She hardly knows Noah. The more I think about it, the more I think the death scene was poorly executed.
    Also agree with the people who found it hard to take Maggie's reaction seriously when she appeared to have completely forgotten about her sister.
    Maybe having different writers and directors all the time means that nobody is looking at the overall "flow" of the series? So we as fans spot flaws in the plot lines that really should have been picked up on.
    However, am still looking forward to February:Grin:

4. Undeadfellow

Undeadfellow New Member

Oh yeah, can't forget the spoilers AMC posted on their Facebook page before the West Coast and United Kingdom could watch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

I know people that practice this and no way do you clear leather that fast. Add to that, the head shot? Really? In that situation you would put several in the chest. It's faster and may stop the attacker from stabbing you AGAIN.

6. TheTunnelRunner

A LOT of bizarre events, funny stuff, and eye rolls (sorry) out of this one for me.
    In order of: What the hell...?

Carol's sudden/convenient ability to leave the hospital after traumatic injury(s).
    Rick's group trying to "rescue" Carol in the first place despite not knowing how badly she was injured.

Dawn's random/contradictory behavior.

Maggie's over the top, sudden caring about Beth. - Hey Maggie! Why didn't you put Beth's name on all those signs along with Glenn's? The story you make up for that one, is goin' to be hilarious!

When Daryl stepped forward and then raised his gun to shoot, it would have been a clear threat to all the cops. Daryl would have been gunned down before he could have shot Dawn.

Rick and company's out of character trusting and inexplicable caring for Noah. Suddenly THIS guy isn't a threat to then be treated like total crap, like every other total stranger has been???

Rick getting to a car to catch Officer Bob, and then Bob conveniently running the only path the car could go.

Tyreese and Sasha standing on the roof mysteriously invisible to the cops.

Beth and Carol never had any intention of telling each other anything important? Is a conversation they had, what set Beth off?

Walkers following Gabriel, then had already cut through the woods to take a direct path to the church long before Gabriel turned in that direction. How did they know where he was going?

Michonne, Carl, and Gabriel just stupidly standing in plain view of the walkers breaking out of the church. Then, perfect timing of the firetruck smashing through all those sharp, sturdy zombie impaling objects to block the church doors...that then makes it all the way to Grady (lo and behold - just as Beth is being carried out) without so much as a flat tire. - Admittedly a bit nitpicky I guess, but think how much tighter this series could be.

I have no issue with Beth. She was always like that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

You make some great points,not gonna lie.

8. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

Watched this epi again during Sunday's marathon and share many of the same questions and concerns that I've read on this thread. Re: Dawn's gun: was it holstered? B/c I'm pretty sure it was such that yes, it's ridiculous to think she could (a) get it unholstered that quickly and (b) hit Beth in the head instead of the gut. In any case, I don't think she intended to shoot Beth, much less kill her, which means it would have had to have been a reflex move. And if the gun was holstered, then, she would have fired into the ground or perhaps Beth's leg.

I'm a psychologist and it makes me batshit to have no idea what a character's motivation is, so Beth's final act continues to fry my circuits. As others have mentioned, there's no way the scissors were going to kill her and Beth knew that. And her final words, at least to me, illuminate nothing. You understand why Dawn does what she does? You understand what you have to do in this situation (which, by the way, you totally didn't have to do)? You understand why Dawn protected her?

In other news: my working theory re: Dawn is that she had the hots for Beth.

#208 WalkingBuckeye, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015