Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Comic Book Men is Lame

Discussion in 'Comic Book Men' started by GreekSalads, Feb 27, 2012.

Tags:
  1. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

That show is lame, I'm sorry comic book lovers. I love to read comics too, but the last time I was at a comic book store, hardly anyone is there. Every comic book store, I've been too is dead. Its only busy on Free comic book day.
    But anyways, I can tell the show was made to get more viewers to watch it since TWD is based on the graphics novel, so they can get fans tied into a show they love. Didn't seem to work. I thought AMC plays shows with story, not some 40 year old guys talking comics. Talking Dead was the only show that should be allowed on AMC. Any other ideas, out of here.

2. TWD

TWD Member

There are just some things that don't make for good reality television. This is just one of them.

3. DedHed082

DedHed082 Member

Haha I've never even given it 5 minutes of my time because I LOVE comics but I've been around plenty of comic book nerds in my day...not very dramatic or partcularly interesting- especially a bunch of middle aged dudes stroking their "comic book hard ons."

However, good job Kevin Smith on the weight loss.

4. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Yeah I have watched it cause its on between TWD and Talking Dead. I think its ok, I just like seeing what people come in to sell. Really other than that, not really my thing, then again, I watch it cause its on after the show and so I am usually on the forum posting stuff...

5. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

I either DVR and fast forward to the walking dead promos or keep on in the back ground while checking out the forums.

6. daryldixon

daryldixon Member

Yeah, it's not my cup of tea.

7. Midian

Midian New Member

Comic book nerds insulting people they are feeding off of is not my cup of tea either. I watched it twice and was turned off by the attitudes of the characters. I won't watch it again. AMC has failed in my house if they are trying to sell this show of The Walking Dead which seams transparent to me.

8. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

yah, this show is horrible. I just an't even stand to watch it even long enough to get to the special "next week preview" we would only see there.

9. Peanut Q. Public

this is the kind of show you watch if you like shows like "Pawn Stars" and "Hardcore Pawn" which i do. you get to see people haggling, and Walt Flannigan is hilarious. the rest of the guys are pretty funny too but when i hear them say "Walt Flannigan" i always think of the opening to Mallrats and the story about my cousin Walter. if you saw the movie, you should know the story. its messed up. anyhow. i humbly disagree.

10. Superman

Superman Well-Known Member

Pawn Stars is one of my favorite shows and I hate Comic Book Men. It's a terrible show and is annoyingly placed between The Walking Dead and Talking Dead.

11. Hunk

Hunk Member

I would spend the rest of my life researching how to put that whole show into one living entity.... Just so I can kill it, rape it, then burn it so I could shit and piss on the ashes.

That's how much I hate that stupid ass show.

Thank you.

12. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Unless there is some small hidden audience for this show that I don't know about, I think it will be cancelled real soon. Everywhere I turn on the net people are saying how much they hate it. Only Smith's hardest of die hard fans actually enjoy it.

They only put the show on the air because of TWD's success. They figured fans of TWD comic would eat it up....but they haven't....so I'm pretty sure it's days are numbered.

I used to respect Kevin Smith, too. Now he's just a douche....

13. Jax

Jax New Member

I have tried watching it a few times...I even wanted to like it, but just can't get through 2 minutes of it.

14. Jersey_Dixon

Jersey_Dixon Member

Why can't the older generation enjoy video games? A lot of games today are geared towards adults. Not children. It's a growing industry that is bringing engaging stories and characters all it's own. I'm 26, and a young woman. Video games are my life.

15. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

I'm confused, on one hand it's like you're condeming adults for reading comic books but yet you're posting on a forum dedicated to a show based on a comic book? You can sit around showing contempt for comics but the pimple faced comic nerd has transcended into Doctors and Attorneys. The wife and I deal in Oil & Gas. Comics and comic artwork has actually out performed the stock market in days past and investors even got on board buying key books. Anyhow, everyone has hobbies and comics isn't for everyone.

16. BrokenAngel

BrokenAngel Active Member

This show just got renewed for a second season and 16 episodes. Go figure?:zombies_confused: I didn't think it had a big enough audience or ratings.

17. Maggie

Maggie Member

You have GOT to be F'ING KIDDING ME!!! WTF?!?!?

18. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Id take a guess that it got good viewing numbers because AMC strategically placed it between TWD and Talking Dead. Most people left it on while while waiting for Talking Dead.

Not a bad strategy, if you think about it...

19. BrokenAngel

BrokenAngel Active Member

That's what I was thinking was the only reason the show was renewed.

20. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

16 episodes of comic book men?!!WTF!!!! Like Bassman said, it was obviously planned to air after TWD/Talking Dead Hope this show gets canceled. AMC also has this reality show called The Pitch which is a reality show but I do find it more interesting than Comic Book man. But I don't like reality shows anyway.