Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Concerning The 4x09 Hate

Discussion in 'Episode 409 - After' started by TGO, Feb 11, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Jenhaynes909

Jenhaynes909 Member

Well said. Totally agree.

2. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Character development episodes are always my favorite. I'll take those any day. I appreciated seeing this father/son dynamic because it was realistic in its emotional capacity. I'm glad to see Michonne fight the temptation to fall back on her former coping mechanism. Characters deciding that they needed others to cope and survive, is the core of the show.

3. agadu2

agadu2 Member

I think some people just want some more action. Most people came for the zombies and gore and it does tend to focus more on the drama. I agree that their does need to be some dialogue between the characters in order for it to tell a story. I think what these people would like to see is less moral dilemmas (except for ones that cause a massive social stigma) less love stories and more survival. I don't think anyone has joined just so they can bash the show. I joined because ive been reading the spoilers for awhile and wanted to join before the new episodes began. It just happens that the first episode wasn't to our taste. You saw a character driven episode, but we saw Carl find a x box, lose a shoe and eat some pudding. Michonne fall asleep and Rick pass out. We were hoping for the plot to move more quickly and found it quite boring and disappointing considering we waited so long to watch it. Its a good thing that people voice their opinions, so that the writers know what kind of reception the show is getting, they can use the feedback to develop the show into something that is consistently good for the whole audience. And some people love to complain about the show just as much as they love to watch it.

4. DonnyTWD

DonnyTWD Active Member

You said brother,I think s4's final is gonna rip the shit out of the past season finales!!:shining:

5. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

Why did it stop being the walking dead when two characters were killed off? I also agree Darabont's season was the best, but was it the best because it was new? I mean the first episode was the best one but basically right out of the comics as well.

6. BooHoo

BooHoo Member

Ah! Would have preferred Andrea living :(. But i do think Merles death was necessary, I knew he wasnt going to survive the season. After what happenend with Glenn n Maggie was no way he would live

7. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

The way Gimple wrote it, i can understand why he couldn't live and how it served a purpose but it would've been better to have him b the finale death of the season and Show that his sacrifice had meaning and effected some of the Group considering all they did was condemn him.

8. Brooklynn

Brooklynn Member

Reading the comments on the internet I didn't find it so black and white. There were some people that hated it, some that loved it and those in between. Some hated the Carl stuff, but loved Michonne. Some loved the Carl stuff and hated the Michonne dream, some said the Michonne dream was the best thing about the episode, etc. etc. I didn't find there was any more hate for this episode than any other. There seems to be a wide variety of opinions about it which is to be expected.

I'm now reading comments for 4-10 and it's the same kind of thing. It's either love, hate or in the middle. Some say the episode was boring, disjointed and poorly put together, others loved it, some hated the Daryl/Beth stuff but liked everything else, some liked only Glenn or Maggie, some only Tyrese and Carol etc. etc. No different than 4-09.

9. jdawg011

jdawg011 Member

I like all aspects of the show - character development, zombie killing, and most of all, the aspects of surviving a ZA. So this episode was quite good in some ways, showing how Carl and Rick had to struggle after things fell apart. The frustrating part was how dumb Carl became all of a sudden. I suppose he was stuck farming for a bit, but he had always shown himself to be pretty sharp and accurate with a gun when it came to handling zombies, and pressure situations. He landed his first shot on Shane in season two, and as far as I can remember, he hadn't even shot at anything other than cans before, but suddenly in this episode, after a ton more practice shooting and numbing himself to the fear zombies create, he has trouble fighting off only a couple of walkers. That is what bothers me. Also, he is too smart to turn his back on where he is moving, even an extreme handicap would know to watch where your going when leading zombies somewhere. Other than this huge character writing flaw, though, the episode was not bad.