Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by surviving, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Oh, great.
    :eek::eek::eek: Something to look forward to in 2021. :eek::eek::eek:

:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

It already has a racist name. The virus was named after the Eloba river. I'm pretty sure it was a white supremacist who named it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

So this is double racism? Shouldn't that be condemned somehow?

4. surviving

Do you need some new electronics? We can get together and protest then go looting. The best part of this plan is we'll be safe from the virus.

5. surviving

6. surviving

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Morgotha

The trouble is a lot of the stuff I can use is really heavy. It would be nice if there was an enterprising protestor that could take orders for t.v.s, etc. that one "needs", liberate them from the racist stores they are being held captive in, and deliver them to one's house. If that could be done for a reasonable fee it would help me a great deal and would allow me to spend more time protesting and fighting injustice.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Morgotha

Ohio's State Board of Pharmacy has banned the prescribing of hydroxychloroquine for covid treatment. They say it wasn't a politically-based decision, but that's hard to believe, IMO. Chloroquine HAS been shown to reduce hospital time now if given at the time of admission, and with so many people dying from the disease, it's hard to justify their decision if people want to try it. It's a shame.

"
    The Ohio Department of Health reported 1,122 COVID-19 hospitalizations on Tuesday, which is the highest daily number seen in the state since the beginning of the pandemic, reports say.

The previous high was in late April, when Ohio reported 1,103 coronavirus hospitalizations, according to Cleveland’s Fox 8 News. By Wednesday, the department reported 1,100 COVID-19 hospitalizations, with 348 people in intensive care.

The news comes after the Ohio Board of Pharmacy banned medical facilties from selling or dispensing malaria drugs hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine to treat or prevent COVID-19. The rule goes into effect Thursday, July 30.

The rule also notes that all previous approvals are now void.

“Basically, it’s a patient safety issue,” Cameron McNamee, the board's director of policy and communications, told The Columbus Dispatch. “We’re looking at the best science to determine what’s best for the patients of Ohio.” She said the decision has nothing to do with President Trump's public support for the treatment."

https://www.foxnews.com/health/ohio-peak-coronavirus-hospitalizations-bans-hydroxychloroquine

10. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

*sigh* makes me think of the quote, “Sooner or later, everything old is new again”. If there was any large scale success of this pharmaceutical treatment they would be using it. Apparently, not.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Morgotha

I don't think you should take ANY early study in this situation as Gospel. Everything has been rushed and using small numbers of patients. I'm sure we will eventually know what really works well and what doesn't, but if you get sick *now*? Do what you and your doctor believe is best, IMO. What's felt to be true today won't necessarily be what's felt to be true tomorrow.

12. purriwinkle

I do agree that everything is “rushed” when it comes to this pandemic. I also agree that large scale studies need to be done on a number of promising drugs. I thought they stopped the studies on the H. cause they were encountering too many severe side effects. Nevertheless we do need pharmaceutical treatments as we have been unable to convince people to act in their own and other’s best interests by donning masks, social distancing and washing their hands.

13. Morgotha

No, they stopped looking at it because a study showed it was ineffective. That was a bad study though in there was no controlled way of giving it, with some people being given it when they were on death's door, etc. Henry Ford did a better study giving the drug to people on *admission* to the hospital and it appears to be effective.

I'm not trying to push it as a drug, but OTOH think it was inappropriate for Ohio to ban it, especially as the best study to date (IMO, and I haven't read much on it) shows it helps.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

#2534 Sharpie61, Jul 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  15. Morgotha

We don't know that Cain got infected at Trump's rally. We don't know if he was ever even unintentionally exposed to Covid at all. We DO know that he and Hillary disagreed, and he was mocked by her. Hmmm...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

The truth is out there

17. Morgotha

:p:D

18. purriwinkle

And here I thought you’d go with the demon semen theory....
    we all saw what happened to Jonah Hill in This Is The End ;)

[​IMG]

Silly me, lol, but in all seriousness, my condolences to his family.

19. Morgotha

AAHH!! You know you really should put those in spoiler tags or something so people can brace themselves before seeing them. That's a shock to the system early in the morning.

20. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Now that moron Gohmert who tested positive for the virus says he caught it because he wore a mask. We're drowning in stupidity these days. The fool rarely wore a mask anyway, but is convinced the tool to curb the virus, gave it to him. Maybe they believe contraceptives make it more likely to get pregnant too.

• Like Like x 1