Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by surviving, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

And people wonder why the average person mistrusts the government's information on covid.

"
    "Squad" member Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., was caught on camera saying she was only wearing a mask because she was being tailed by a "Republican tracker."

The Michigan congresswoman made the admission while speaking to a maskless attendee at an event in Detroit featuring Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary Marcia Fudge.

Tlaib told the attendee that she only had the mask on because of the tracker, who was filming the exchange, after the person mistakenly thought Tlaib was scolding him for going maskless.

"Oh, no, oh, not you!" Tlaib said in the video. "No, no, no – I'm just wearing it because I've got a Republican tracker here.""

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rashida-tlaib-wearing-mask-republican-tracker

2. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

At an outdoor event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

The company that contracts the company I work for, is mandating vaccines. They have to as they also contract with the government.
    2 people already quit. One of them worked there for over 20 years. He loses his pension package now. And I heard those packages are really nice. $$$$$
    Thing is - this particular guy always got the flu shot every year, from what his buddy said. Sad!

The other person was just hired this year, so not much is known about him.

Our company does not have the mandate yet, but I’m sure we will have to since they have well over 10,000 country wide.

The truth is out there

4. Morgotha

Stupid of the guy with 20 years in to quit, really stupid. At this point they've given millions and millions of doses of the vaccine to people, what did he think would happen to him from it? Crazy thing to lose your pension over.

#3984 Morgotha, Oct 9, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  5. Sharpie61

Probably the same thing my brother screamed about last night, when he found out that they might be getting mandatory vaccinated.
    “Bill Gates - microchips - mark of the beast”
    Or it’s the whole “communism, ‘my body my right’ bs. Or it could be because it isn’t Trump who is president. Who knows. I too, find it stupid.
    On the bright side. We don’t have to worry about our muffins being stolen anymore.

The truth is out there

• Like Like x 1
  6. Morgotha

I was trying to fish out my ID to get in to the parking garage at work, and I was thinking, "you know, maybe those nuts putting an RFID chip in their fingers have the right idea after all". OTOH, I don't *really* want to be tracked 24/7, but I understand the appeal of the convenience.

I can also understand the fear of forces he can't understand affecting your brother, but giving in to that fear and doing something against your own interests as a result isn't the solution. The sad part is that if he doesn't get sick, he'll think his decision was the right one as a decision.

The other thing he's wrong on is his choice of target. Everyone knows Bill Gates is just in it for the money he can make selling "vaccine chips", *Hillary* is the real evil force behind the plan.;):D Hmmm... the more I think about it, it's hard to imagine one person *really* being that evil in so many different ways. Maybe one of her pantsuits is really a Venom-like alien that bonded with her and is controlling her brain? That would make sense, as the Venomites might have a different symbiosis with Reptilians than they do with humans.That wouldn't surprise me either.

Sigh, "no" Purri, I do NOT really believe Hillary is really behind some global microchip conspiracy. Sheesh. (OTOH, if it turned out to be true, it wouldn't surprise me :D:rolleyes:)

O.K.! I've put off doing my work for as long as possible, time to get to it.:(

7. Sharpie61

First
    [​IMG]

My brother is cult like with his Christianity and believes it’s “the sign of the 4 horsemen”.
    The Bill Gates/microchip started with Qanon.
    In the real world, it was Germany who paid for the start up of the Pfizer vaccine.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ine-s-funding-came-from-berlin-not-washington

The truth is out there

8. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

LOL, don’t worry. After all this time I’ve learned you’re full of it.:D;)

9. Morgotha

Welp, I guess the lighthearted banter is over. Oh well.

10. Morgotha

Heavy pot smokers might have double the risk of breakthrough infection after being vaccinated than non-substance abusers.

"
    Heavy marijuana users who are also vaccinated may be more susceptible to breakthrough cases of COVID-19, a new study found.

The study, published last Tuesday in World Psychology, found that those with a substance use disorder (SUD) — a dependence on marijuana, alcohol, cocaine, opioids and tobacco — were more likely to contract the coronavirus after receiving both of their vaccination shots.

Those without a SUD saw a 3.6 percent rate of breakthrough infections, compared to a 7 percent rate in those with a SUD. At 7.8 percent, those with marijuana use disorder were most at risk for breakthrough infections, the study found.

Among other substances, the risk disappeared when considering issues such as underlying health conditions and socioeconomic status. The difference has not been linked directly to marijuana use but could be linked to the behavior of those dependent on marijuana.

"Patients with cannabis use disorder, who were younger and had less comorbidities than the other SUD subtypes, had higher risk for breakthrough infection even after they were matched for adverse socioeconomic determinants of health and comorbid medical conditions with non-SUD patients," the researchers wrote."

https://www.foxnews.com/health/smoking-marijuana-could-lead-to-breakthrough-covid-cases-study-finds

11. purriwinkle

Welp, it appears we have very different ideas as to what constitutes light hearted banter. Oh, well.

12. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It's so twisted that people see the cure as the evil, rather than the virus that's killed millions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Morgotha

I got my Pfizer covid booster yesterday, and today my whole shoulder is aching, with the prior shot having had a little ache and the first shot having no symptoms at all as a reference. One woman went home after developing systemic body aches within about an hour after getting the shot, another went home feeling ill, a couple others had to lie down for a bit as they felt lightheaded, but most people though seem to do o.k.

That's out of 196 people getting vaccinated that day, and although there are probably a few more that had troubles that I didn't hear about (and it's not my job to follow that) but overall it seems safe enough without profound reactions to a third dose of the vaccine.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a sudden urge to buy Microsoft products, so I think I'll go max out my credit cards buying multiple copies of Windows.

O.k., that last part wasn't entirely true, but it IS true that I might want my husband to pick up a pizza tonight instead of cooking dinner.

#3993 Morgotha, Oct 14, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  14. Stealth

I'm not eligible for the booster, but I wish they would just open it up for everyone before the winter. Last year December through February was horrendous. What are we waiting for? A new variant? Heard where there is a second Delta wave starting in the UK. That was the precursor to the one we had over the summer. So warning bells should be going off. But no, we always have to wait until things are too late with this pandemic.

15. Morgotha

I don't know how many doses of vaccine they have, but if there are plenty of doses, then they should pass them out. Why not?

16. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

https://apple.news/AcJcfUqfbRj6LovMjg_PYeA

Studies show vaccines are still producing a string response 8 months later. They are focusing in high risk groups for better response right now but most vaccinated should still be protected. Biden jumped the gun on boosters. They may not be needed for most of us. Getting the unvaccinated jabbed is more important. If its deemed safe for children, thats the next step. I think they are about to announce kids 11-16 with cdc approval.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Morgotha

RIP

Former US Secretary of State Colin Powell has died aged 84 of Covid-19 complications, his family has announced.

He was a former top military officer who rose to become the first African-American secretary of state in 2001 under Republican George W Bush.

"We have lost a remarkable and loving husband, father, grandfather and a great American," a statement said.

"We want to thank the medical staff... for their caring treatment," it added.

The statement said that he had been fully vaccinated against Covid.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58957273

18. purriwinkle

This only highlights the need for everyone who is eligible to get the vaccine. They are NOT 100% effective even in the best of circumstances. As we see here, even fully vaccinated individuals who are immunocompromised, in this case General Powell had been diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma, a form of blood cancer, are at higher risk of severe complications from COVID. He must have been exposed to someone, who quite possibly wasn’t vaccinated, carrying a high virus load. I feel for his family and the country.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Stealth

I was shocked when I heard the news because I considered him to be a person in good health. I didn't even know Powell had been ill. They kept all of that quiet. It's too bad. As you said, it's likely due to some unvaccinated person passing it on to him.

20. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member