Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by surviving, Jan 28, 2020.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Our company now made vaccination mandatory

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

That works for me. Private companies are free to look after their workforce however they see fit - within the law. I'm sure everyone there will breathe a bit easier knowing the people around them have done what they can.

4. Sharpie61

The majority of us, who works at the L3 Harris facilities, are already vaccinated. But Sodexo has cafeterias all over the world. Heck, we feed the Disney staff. They probably have well over 30,000 people working for them in just the US alone. I highly doubt everyone is on board with getting vaccinated. Alas, they will lose their job then.

Our grill cook said he finally will. But only because it’s a Sodexo policy now, and he needs his job. Smart man.

The truth is out there

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Morgotha

Many moons ago I saw people who had polio back before the vaccine and were crippled, etc. from it. I can't remember *ever* hearing someone from that generation being anti-vax. I think all of this started because of the previous generations' successes in controlling illness, people now think that unthinking good health is just their right. It isn't, as this outbreak shows.

I kind of understand the "I don't mind getting it but am too lazy to make a special trip" attitude, but he is sensible enough to get it now that his job depends on it. Good work by Sodexo making that policy, btw. They are bound to lose a few staff from it, but are putting the health of everyone over some short-term aggravation and potential cost to them.

6. Sharpie61

Ya, those who quit, won’t be missed, as they pay a somewhat decent wage. We are all replaceable.

The truth is out there

7. Morgotha

That's the sad truth. Even people that are irreplaceable are found to be replaceable if they suddenly drop dead or become incapacitated. Our graveyards are full of irreplaceable people.

8. Morgotha

In-n-Out burgers had a store in SF closed down for refusing to check customers' vaccine status. They say they aren't the government's enforcers, and have a good point -- to a point. Bars and markets have to enforce age limits on alcohol sales, is this really that different? Not really.

I'd bet their sales actually *increase* from this, though. People like it when someone stands up to big government, even when they disagree with the issue at hand.

I didn't know they were run by Christian conservatives like Chik-Fil-A, but apparently they are. They also seem to feel the same about protecting their rights as businesses.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/i...refusal-to-enforce-vaccine-mandate/ar-AAPKKid

9. purriwinkle

The article states they’re closed only to indoor dining. They’re still doing take out.

10. Morgotha

"In-N-Out burger has become the first restaurant in San Francisco to be temporarily closed for failing to enforce the city’s vaccine mandate."

They were actually closed down, and reopened as drive through only. I wonder what the data on restaurants' transmission really is in regards to vaccine status - - assuming people continue to have 6' distancing, etc. Does anyone even know? Is it worth it from an actual health perspective, or is it just arbitrarily enforcing a rule because you can?

11. purriwinkle

You could ask the same question about any rules that effect the public. Any 18yr. Old will tell you age limits and carding on alcohol sales are arbitrary. Someone in a “dry” town might think it’s arbitrary if they can’t buy a beer. If a business owner defies a local ordinance they can expect to reap the consequences. Apparently, this franchise wasn’t willing to forgo their business entirely for the sake of their personal views but continued their sales through take out. It’s a win-win situation.

12. Morgotha

If you want a double double it is!

13. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

14. Morgotha

This just in, Fauci LIED to Congress, the NIH DID fund gain of function tests in Wuhan, making mouse/human hybrid cells and creating coronaviruses with new spike proteins to infect them. How many lives were lost in this country because of that? 1 million to date? Hopefully, someone will be made to pay for that. It's pretty much a smoking gun, now. Rand Paul was right, and hopefully Fauci will soon be sharing a cell with Bannon, at a bare minimum.

Oh, and to answer the NIH's question, "yes", these coronaviruses CAN be made to infect humans!

"
    The admission came in a letter addressed Kentucky congressman James Comer on Wednesday, in which NIH's principal deputy director Lawrence A. Tabak refers to a 'limited experiment' conducted to test if 'spike proteins from naturally occurring bat coronaviruses circulating in China were capable of binding to the human ACE2 receptor in a mouse model,' at the Wuhan lab.

According to Tabak, the mice infected with the modified bat virus 'became sicker' than those infected with the unmodified bat virus.
    While never using the term, Tabak essentially confirms that gain of function research, which looks at both transmitting disease between animals and humans and is a way for scientists to alter organisms and diseases to study how they could become deadlier or more transmissible, took place at the Chinese lab despite consistent denials from Dr. Fauci.

One of the grants included $599,000 to go to the Wuhan Institute of Virology to 'identify and alter bat coronaviruses likely to infect humans,' The Intercept said.

Richard Ebright, a molecular biologist at Rutgers University, told The Intercept that the documents suggest researchers were creating novel coronaviruses in Wuhan.

'The viruses they constructed were tested for their ability to infect mice that were engineered to display human type receptors on their cell,' Ebright told The Intercept after reviewing the documents.

He said the documents showed that two different types of novel coronaviruses were able to infect humanized mice.

'While they were working on SARS-related coronavirus, they were carrying out a parallel project at the same time on MERS-related coronavirus,' he said."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ain-of-function-funding/ar-AAPOM4Z?li=BBnbcA1

15. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

And the evidence for a lab escape grows. But the kicker is the US funded this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

17. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

“As sometimes occurs in science, this was an unexpected result of the research, as opposed to something that the researchers set out to do,' Tabak said. “

This is the same research Rand has been trying to use as evidence for almost a year. “Breaking news”. “Virus research facility was researching viruses!!” Ya, we know. “They were working on corona viruses.” Ya we know. Were these two viruses what gave us Covid 19? “No but... viruses!!!”

Ill say it again. Fauci is terrible at conveying information. He has done a piss poor job of defining GOF. Its function, need and usages. Not all GOF is bad or unethical. He needs to explain how common it is and its benefits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4017 DeadZedHead, Oct 22, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  18. Morgotha

Yes, this is unethical. The proof? American money was funding the research in China. That's what American companies (and apparently our government) do when they don't want to live up the ethical and legal obligations of performing research in the U.S. Millions of lives later, it would be nice if just ONE of them said, "I'm sorry, we were wrong, it wasn't worth it".

19. purriwinkle

What struck me from the article was this:

The letter shifts the blame to U.S non profit EcoHealth Alliance, which used NIH money to fund research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, for not being transparent about the kind of research they were doing.

'EcoHealth failed to report this finding right away, as was required by the terms of the grant,' Tabak wrote in his letter. 'EcoHealth is being notified that they have five days from today to submit to NIH any and all unpublished data from the experiments and work conducted under this award.'

To me that says that we had a situation where the left hand didn’t know what the right hand was doing. If some group was funneling money for activities that they weren’t being transparent about in violation of the terms of their grant, few would know about it…..which would be the point, right?

Dr. Fauci would not have been lying to Congress if he knew nothing about it. As far as he was aware they were not doing this type of research at the Wuhan Lab.

Rand Paul is still an asshat and I’m glad he lost money when he and his wife tried to cash in on their little Remdesivir stock purchase and failed to report it. I guess he’d know all about covert deals.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rand-paul-wife-stock-trade-covid-19/

20. Morgotha

And that would be fine if Fauci came out and said, "look, I didn't know about any of this, but now that it's been brought to my attention, I agree that this is wrong and these people should be punished". He's not doing that, though. Even now that everyone knows what was going on he's still denying everything. At what point does he personally become culpable for spreading a lie?