Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by surviving, Jan 28, 2020.

1. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

www.nationalreview.com/news/n-y-rep-calls-for-independent-investigation-into-cuomos-covid-nursing-home-policy/amp/

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Hm. Well, at the time, what we all heard during the briefings was that he told the nursing homes that they did not have to take a single patient they could not care for. He pointed out that plenty of separate facilities were already set up in New York to care for people with COVID that were basically empty and could take them. I think Javits Center was one of them.

And then he sent the COVID positive patients back to where they lived WITH THE INFORMATION THAT THEY COULD REFUSE TO ACCEPT THEM. They didn't have to give a reason. They just had to say No. Maybe they had no ability to isolate, maybe they had lack of staff. Whatever. It didn't matter. They just had to say No.

I don't know if that was because of some rule about sending people back to their homes or whatever. I just don't remember. I only remember Cuomo saying over and over that no nursing home had to take one single person they didn't want to take, that there were plenty of places where they could be well provided for.

I know in California, once you are in a residential care facility, you have an absolute right to stay there forever and never have the price raised for as long as you live. Maybe it was a workaround for something like that. ?

3. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

But guys, Cuomo is sooooo great....

4. surviving

If you cough on me I won't be your friend any longer.
    It seems like alot of the guidelines coming out now are to promote the reopening not safety.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...mates-for-severity-of-covid-19-are-optimistic

Just read this.

#1904 surviving, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 25, 2020
  5. surviving

6. surviving

7. Lindigo

Google Translate's version of Country Roads. Suitable for stay-at-home, lol. (Ignore talking lady at the beginning.)

8. surviving

9. surviving

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/to...-gao-report-on-lapses-in-infection-prevention

“Any nursing home could just say, ‘I can’t handle a COVID person in my facility,'" he said, although the March 25 order didn’t specify how homes could refuse, saying that ”no resident shall be denied re-admission or admission to the (nursing home) solely based" on confirmed or suspected COVID-19."

Cuomo's statements dont match his order.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Lindigo

Yes, they don't match. I think the quoted language was ordered by the federal guidelines. So, to be in compliance with the law, he accurately spelled out what homes are required to do, but then gave them an out, which was that New York wasn't going to ask questions. The homes could avoid giving any reason at all. Sort of a Don't ask, don't tell.

At least this is how I understood it from watching the initial briefings. I only caught a few sentences of the briefing where he was responding to this issue the day after you guys posted about it, so I'm sorry to say I can't give his answer.

One thing Cuomo said that I think he was mistaken about was that now anyone who wanted a test could get one. People reported that they tried, but they were given the usual third degree about What are your symptoms, and then they were turned away. So, yeah, plenty of tests now, but people still can't get them at will. This makes no sense to me, because I thought working people were going to be getting regular testing to ensure they don't make co-workers or customers sick, and they, too, won't meet the symptom requirements that apparently are still being required.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lindigo

P.S. Are you going to be slammed with the 17-year cicadas? Jeez, this year just doesn't stop.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I think reality was the opposite. Regardless of what he said on t.v., he wanted the patients back to the nursing homes and if they tried to refuse, they were told "read the order, you have to take them".

There's an easy way to solve what really occurred, though. If multiple patients in NY were being refused reentrance to their nursing home, they or their families would be screaming bloody murder about it. Are there multiple newspaper articles showing patients complaining their nursing home wouldn't take them back? If not, the nursing homes *were* forced to take them.

• Like Like x 1
  13. surviving

Yes at some point soon. The noise they make is mind numbing not to mention the numbers of them and destruction of plant life. This will be the third or fourth time Ive experienced this phenomenon.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Lindigo

Or, if people aren't complaining, I would think it was because the elderly were taken to a real medical facility that had been designed with exactly their needs in mind, and they were relieved they were getting way better care than they could ever have gotten in any nursing home, and the families were hugely relieved. At least, that would be me.

I don't know anything about "read the order, you have to take them." It hasn't even been referenced in the news I watch, not mentioned even to be refuted. When I saw FOX on one of the stories posted here, I didn't bother to read it, although I have heard the actual newspeople on FOX do report actual news, and it is the commentators who spout the ugly lies and propaganda.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Morgotha

China is retaliating against Australia (banning imports of their goods) after Australia asked to look in to the origin of the Wuhan virus. China doesn't care who they hurt in pursuit of their goals. It's time to defend ourselves *now*. The pain of acting will only be that much worse later.

"
    Hong Kong (CNN Business)It didn't take long after Australia's first calls for an international investigation into the origins of the coronavirus pandemic before rumblings of retaliation came from Beijing.

Australian Foreign Minister Marise Payne initially voiced support for an investigation on a Sunday morning television show in late April.
    Days later, China's ambassador to Australia Chen Jingye responded by suggesting the Chinese people themselves might retaliate with a boycott. "Maybe the ordinary (Chinese) people will say 'Why should we drink Australian wine? Eat Australian beef?'" he told the Australian Financial Review.
    Less than one month later, the campaign to punish Australia appears to be in full swing.
    On May 12, China stopped accepting beef from four large Australian abattoirs, citing health issues. Five days later, China slapped tariffs of more than 80% on Australian barley imports as part of an anti-dumping probe."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/business/china-australia-coronavirus-trade-war-intl-hnk/index.html

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

A plague, locusts in the Middle East, cicadas now. Maybe Yellowstone will erupt next. If there's a year where we have an extraterrestrial invasion, this will be it. We might be better off though with our new alien overlords.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Morgotha

Actually, America voted *against* making an alien President in 2016.

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Time out - 6 feet apart

Lol, this elevator is at my work, where they now want you to face the walls.
    J only did so for the photo. [​IMG]

The truth is out there

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Lindigo

You started my day with laughing. :D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1