Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Could Filthy Woman be......(spoiler)

Discussion in 'Episode 413 - Blackjack' started by Chr1s, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Spoiler only because in case I'm right.....which is pretty cocky on my part, I'm literally never right. But still.

I shit all over the story writing in another thread, about how these writers seem to lack the ability to surprise us and often ruining their own "shocking reveals". Which got me thinking. Could there be one big shock coming in regards to Filthy Woman?

We know Clayton left all the people he loved and started driving a truck, when the world went to shit he started dropping supplies on the road to help people. As he said, to help people because he failed to help the people he loved by not being there when the world went to hell.

We know that Filthy Woman is the opposite, seemingly tracking down the "do gooder" and sabotaging the supplies. She feels what they are doing is making people weak and she wants to make them strong by disposing of the supplies, forcing them to be strong, or ultimately killing them. So in a way Clayton and Filthy Woman are the two ends of the spectrum.

So I wonder if the big reveal of this half season will be that Filthy Woman is Clayton's Wife. Angry he wasn't there for her, and angry that he is out there helping strangers instead of being there to help his own loved ones. So she set out, knowing Clayton was behind the supply drops, to find and stop him. She seems to have been tracking the truck and that has been her goal.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Good theory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I also wondered if filthy woman was the person Clayton was talking about when he said the person that might be looking for him is the last person he wanted to see. Although if that is the case, it would be odd that he would refer to her as possibly caring or "looking for him".

The other thing to consider is that there is actually a network of trucks and caches spanning many cities and apparently even many states, and Clayton was just one driver. So it might be far fetched that she was doing this to target her ex husband, unless it is later revealed that Clayton was actually the leader of this truck network.

Anyway, yeah this possibility is on my radar as well, and with some of the plot oddities we've been seeing this season, it actually won't surprise me if its true, or some similar version of it is true. A bit cheesy that a domestic feud would extend into serial killing and sabotage 2.5 years into a apocalypse lol, but the fact that Luciana's mission this episode was simply a beer, instead of, say..... food, water, a first aid kit, and a beer if she happened across it, was arguably cheesy as well. Luciana's arc would have had more meaning for me if her mission was something that might actually save Clayton, was successful in this mission, and as a pleasant little feel-good moment, surprise, she ALSO found a beer.

But the mission based solely on the beer, just because he mentioned "man one more beer would taste good"? It didn't capture my heart. Plus i'm biased because I want underdogs like Clayton to actually live for awhile, not die 25 minutes after we meet them all the time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I guess I'm just looking for something in this season that would actually shock us, beyond Nick dying.

TWD does a good job of referencing past plot points, or going back and making us look at an earlier moment differently. They do a good job at the various reveal moments, building up to a reveal slowly, over a long period of time. This season of FTWD has been a bunch of small reveals with the build up happening in the same episode. It's as if they don't have a full story outlined. They seem to almost wing each episode. I like when things are connected in some way. I really hope there is more to the Clayton story and we get a final payoff in the season finale.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Clayton may even be aware of her and her actions, he said there was only one person out there but it was the last person he would want to see. Maybe that's Filthy Woman.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Yes! The idea has crossed my mind that the Filthy Woman and Clayton have some sort of connection or past relationship. Clayton seemed to have been important enough to be included in the trailer and to have been a guest star despite one appearance!

• Like Like x 2
  7. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Made me laugh, don't be so hard on yourself!

But meh. I really wouldn't care about this twist and I don't think it's "bad" enough. That rotting lady is presented as an evil creature, a vengeful wife would be underwhelming, to say the least.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. ange

ange New Member

I thought she might be his daughter. Definitely some connection there.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I wanted to see more of the Clayton character and was irritated that they were killing him off so I really wasn't emotionally invested in that scene either. We'd also need to see him a bit more, at least a couple of episodes, to give it impact.

Stephen Henderson who played Clayton is also a solid actor. He was excellent in a supporting role in the Denzel Washington film Fences a couple of years ago. I don't know what the actor's schedule is like but I would've liked to see at least a little more of Clayton.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

LOL made me laugh too.

11. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I appreciate that, but I also had a theory that the walker girl that Rick kills in the pilot was Daryl's daughter. So yea, I have this bad habit of wanting to connect every dot. Which is why I would make a terrible writer. Almost every idea I have connects back to something else. I love call backs, even if they seem out of place and forced.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Yup, that goes back to my original critique. They introduce such an interesting character, and ultimately one who has been mentioned in earlier episodes, but it feels like they wasted him. Actually introducing him, killing him, and revealing his true identity and connection to the rest of the story, all in the same episode seems like such a waste. Which is what got me thinking about his connection to filthy lady. Hoping there is more to his story than we have seen.

• Like Like x 2
  13. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

This is true but... If they do draw it out then we accuse them of leading us on endlessly.

More than anything I think the reveals are pretty meh...
    I do agree there were a lot of build ups that basically fizzled, like what about ... what? What about what, did you say something? Oh, never mind.

Creates lots of these all throughout: ???????????

Dirtwoman's operating the van, I have no problems with that.
    Folks like her don't go chasing down nemesies without knowing full and well their own side of the operation, she may have studied the van for hours or it may have only taken minutes to figure out too.
    I did have a problem with her driving and firing at the same time thou.
    I do not believe those weapons to be robo-matic but even if they were it still creates HUGE inaccuracy, in battle you should never fire a weapon in motion, she had plenty of opportunity to set up an ambush and then snipe them instead of this almost head-on confrontation.
    Stupid as well, for a lone wolf to take on a pack of wild noobs.
    She's easily outnumbered, maybe not outgunned but with numbers comes skill, she's outclassed and her only advantage is high level armament?
    Dumb.

Would've been easier to let the pack go and keep the van.

• Agree Agree x 1