Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Criticisms for "Alone"

Discussion in 'Episode 413 - Alone' started by Stuff&Thangs, Mar 7, 2014.

1. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

You seem nice.

2. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

We need to trust him. He knows if the show will be canceled or not. Trust him.

3. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

Joseph, you have held a proper opposing view until you started with the lame insults at everyone. Now you're just a joke. I guess I know now why I don't take people who say "bad writing" seriously.

4. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Behold, everyone! Christ has returned, in the form of the OP! Praise-eth him!

5. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Is that so?

6. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Uh-oh. She is the one who knocks.

7. K.c

K.c Member

​not enough beth !!

8. Faelan Dixon

Faelan Dixon Member

The 'hunters' do not look bad ass enough.

9. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

Two real complaints, Both from the Beth & Daryl part of the show.
    1. If it's just the two of you (especially if one has a bum leg), Why the HELL would you make ANY noise that may attract walkers? Beth be quiet and leave the piano alone.
    2. (already mentioned by others) Daryl it's been two years, by now you should know not to 'just open the door'. Honestly, I don't do that now and I don't have to worry about flesh eating walkers.

On a side note. Did anyone else get the symbolism of Sasha standing in the empty floor of the building. Empty like her 'life' would be if she stayed there alone?

10. lewh

lewh Member

Are these guys definitely THE hunters though? I don't think they are yet - simply bandits.

11. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

Yes, I have to agree with this. If I were to actually say there was something about "Alone" that I felt wasn't right, it would have been how complacent Daryl and Beth were in the house, especially given the fact that they realized someone else was staying there. They didn't take many precautions (other than Daryl securing the entrances) and they were just too relaxed and...careless. With all that they've been through, it didn't make sense.

As for the scene with Sasha, I thought the symbolism was pretty obvious. btw, that is the one other thing I didn't agree with in the episode...Sasha deciding to break off on her own and hunker down in the building. In a zombie apocalypse, the survivors pretty much know by now that isolating oneself is not only a threat to ones' ultimate sanity, but it's also a death sentence. Safety in numbers is the rule of thumb.

Other than this though, I thoroughly enjoyed the show. (Especially one-eyed Dooley!)

#111 bassetluv, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  12. AvalPlaza

AvalPlaza New Member

I am with you. You put it right. Same ol', same ol' ...
    Being a guy, I'd like to add there is not enough boobs to call it lovestories as well..

13. Antonio D?oi?

Antonio D?oi? New Member

Were are Rick,Michonne and Carl?

14. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

I'm wondering if 'The Hunters' have Beth.

15. Porfivor Nixon

Yeah, I wondered that, too. I'm wondering since the time has been out of sequence with Daryl, if these guys are not the guys who went to the house where Rick is, but afterward. I wonder if anyone recognizes the faces we saw in the house to any of those faces. I don't have the episodes anymore. Maybe Daryl was in the house too.

16. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jeff kober (joe) was the guy on the porch in claimed. It had to before finding Daryl. He and Beth went through more days than Rick at that point. Also I think the chance of them being the hunters is zero. They are nothing like them and the hunters were not the next human threat in the comics after the governor anyway.

17. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

They aren't the hunters and the actual hunters weren't badass.

18. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

The one thing I did like about this episode, was Maggie taking off the head of a walker with a street sign. Everything else was--meh.

19. Figure beauty

Figure beauty New Member

Although I think this episode was at least better than last week's horrible snore fest, there were a lot of WTH moments that I don't think anyone who survived this long in the ZA would have.

1.) Why on God's green earth would Maggie 'hide' on the ground next to the dead?
    2.) Maggie was interviewed as saying this was such an incredible, gnarly episode you won't believe it: Guess what? I didn't think it was gnarly or even as exciting as most any other episode.
    3.) Why would Beth and Darryl decicde that whomever was staying at that house/funeral home were good people? On what grounds? Because it is clean and has food? Really LOL?
    4.) Darryl opening the door without looking: Stupid beyond belief. Not in keeping with his persona or the history of the show.
    5.) Agree that Beth being kidnapped was meaningless because it was not prefaced by anything whatsoever. Not exciting or even interesting, as a result.
    6.) Sasha, Bob and Maggie decide to split up? No part of it makes sense....well, maybe Maggie would take off on her own if they didn't want to find Glen but they have every reason in the world to want to stick together.
    7.) Maggie hasn't really expressed reasonable concern over her sister or the slightest bit of sorrow. Really?
    8.) Sasha hasn't really expressed reasonable concern over her brother or the slightest bit of sorrow. Really?

While people love to flame on people to defend the decisions of the writing and/or directing, if it is not substantiated by the show itself it is MEANINGLESS that it was explained in the comics, etc.

And yes, I continue to watch the show and yes I am complaining....but only as of two episodes ago. I love TWD and hope it redeems itself somehow as this season ends. Otherwise, there really won't be much to look forward to this fall.

On a side note, I also think it is an epic fail to leave Rick out of continuous episodes. IMHO, from the beginning Andrew Lincolns portrayal of this character and overall acting is amazing. I also think the same of Carl and Michonne. If you are going to waste entire episodes on hum drum banter betweeen Beth and Darryl, than for sure you can maintain some continuity by touching on the status of the meat of the show (the other characters).

IMHO, the last couple episodes have been more of a sitcom than anything close to TWD.

20. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

I agree with this whole post 100%. If you have evidence to support why you criticized something then people should be able to respect that you can back up your criticisms.