Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Criticisms for "Alone"

Discussion in 'Episode 413 - Alone' started by Stuff&Thangs, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Oiwa

Oiwa Member

remember, if anything stupid happens in the second half of this season, blame mazzara, not gimple. i gave leeway on the first half being used to clean up where s3 left off but the second part of s4 is entirely gimple.

2. Porfivor Nixon

Well, I do think that Sasha not wanting to go to Sanctuary was because she wanted to keep back because she felt she would have a better chance of finding her brother- so I did think her reasons were related to Tyreese. Maggie, on the other hand, seems not to be thinking of Beth at all. Which is odd because Beth would seem to be much more likely to need help than Glenn, who has proven he can take care of himself. Beth, on the other hand, has never demonstrated that.

3. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

They could be loosely based on the Hunters.. Or just a separate bandit plot in the build up to the hunters arc..

4. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

These might have been covered but I need to vent -

Daryl's hair dye job, Jesus Christ I had to double take to check it wasn't a wig.

"It bit my bandages" *sigh* If only they had known that bandages stop walker bites they could have all dressed up like Mummies and live as normal.

Beth singing again, first time it was twee, second time annoying, third time give me a ****ing break.

The absolutely perfect writing in the soil by Maggie. She is in a rush to leave, trying to be discreet but writes a perfect message, not just in the soil but on the hut in blood twice.

The whole Maggie, Bob, Sasha story in this episode was beyond ridiculous. Maggie's explanation for lying on the floor with walkers waiting for them is probably the worst moment of the walking dead so far. I just cant even begin to fathom everyone decision making, let alone how it was portrayed.

If it wasn't for Beth being taken and the bit with Daryl at the end that episode would have been not just the worst of The Walking Dead but just a terrible 40 minutes of TV.

5. rustybag

rustybag Member

[​IMG] So funny, thanks for the laugh!!

6. rustybag

rustybag Member

Absolutely^. I personally am so happy that the whole governor arc is over, so the second half of season 4 is much better for me than the first. However, I do notice these types of things too. I also think they need to be careful about how much time is passing, with all of these loose ends they left hanging and didn't follow up on as of yet, including leaving out main characters for too long. I was never super interested in the rats (I probably would have been, though, if they developed that more), but I did care when Rick turned away Carol. At this point I've lost interest and moved on, though. It probably would have kept my interest if they weaved some of that story into some of these second half of S4 episodes. Maybe the last 3 episodes will tie it all together?

7. LaMuse

LaMuse Member

Haha a good joke worse president ever are you kidding?

8. LaMuse

LaMuse Member

Awesome critique

9. babeed34

babeed34 New Member

Love twd

I agree with almost all of this...

1) Maggie on the ground with the walkers reminds me of Michonne having walker pets.. the walkers on the ground were dead & what I took from that is they were masking her scent...

2) Agreed... I wish more would happen in an episode. Not enough of the characters, not enough action, & wayyyy too much "filler" (emotional crap) -- some is good of course but not when it off sets the action factor.

3) I don't think Daryl thought whoever was staying at the funeral home was good.. until Beth convinced him. & I think Beth is naïve.

4) Agreed. SO STUPID!!! you could see the walkers through the boards on the door.

5) This I have a theory on... The kidnapping was clearly set up. The funeral home was nice and cozy, there was food laid out for them.. & walkers drawn there.. We all know all that stuff but someone told me that

& I am very curious to see how it all turns out with Beth and Daryl

6) They all get back together.

7 & 8) I noticed it with Maggie in her quest to find Glenn, but not once mentions Beth.. As for Sasha, she is "strong" from what Bob says. I think in this ZA world, people are used to losing people.

ANOTHER THING.. I want to see everyone back together. OR ATLEAST more people in the episodes. Everything has been sooooo slow!!!!! Not enough action-- time goes by too slowly.

10. LaMuse

LaMuse Member

Just watched last night's episode - I can't explain why but it's really not grabbing my attention like it did in the beginning. I want to know what's happening to the main characters, where are they and how are they surviving? I figure eventually they will all end up in Terminus but by then will I really care? As each week passes and less and less is known about everyone's situation, the story gets confusing and why the heck did they just introduce a bunch of new characters? In BB the same main people are there in every episode and gradually new people are integrated into the plot so it flows smoothly and the audience is hooked on the story. What is the story now? Beth and Daryl, Rick and Carl and Michonne, Carol and Tyreese, who what where? There is no hero, no anti hero, no one to cheer for, no one to care for.

11. InMyBlood

InMyBlood Member

Gimble has proven he does not know how to weave multiple story lines in one episode. During every episode this season it has focused on only one point. Snore. Bad writing not lazy writing. But more important ... He lacks a captivating vision for the show. Pray he is replaced.

12. Alabama

Alabama New Member

I already had my big vent over in a "WTF" thread about Daryl and Beth, and I won't bore us all by repeating it (except by saying that IMO their parts of the episode are quite simply the WORST of any episode since S1, Ep 1. Really. A hundred kinds of dreadful.)

The Maggie, Bob and Sasha storyline in this ep was bland and fairly pointless but not as bad as D & E.

Strangely, the pre-opening credits flashback to when Glenn and Daryl found Bob, was the best bit. Reminded me pleasantly of earlier seasons.

I'm clutching at straws to save my dying love for this show. *Quiet sob*

13. Shadow

Shadow Member

I want to clear out some things about the so-called out of character acting by Daryl with the walkers at the door. I'm not a Daryl-fan but after rewatching the scene I think this complaint is not really correct imo.

So Daryl puts up an alarm system at the door. The next morning when he and Beth were having breakfast they hear the cans and Daryl looks through the windows of the door, sees the dog, it barks and he opens the door with his crossbow ready. The dog runs away. Nothing wrong up until here.
    That evening when they are eating there is some seemingly sexual tension between the two. We know Daryl isn't the best with emotions and tries to get away from dealing with them. Then they hear the cans, immediately after the dog barks. Daryl sees this as an opportunity to get away from the conversation, takes some food with him to lure the dog and holds his crossbow. When he opens the door there are walkers. The only difference with earlier is that he didn't look through the windows, nothing out of character here, he was distracted by his emotions and made a mistake because of it.

14. Andy

Andy Member

It could be an honest slip up. What's hard to get past for me though is that there were sooooo many walkers on the other side of the door and Darryl couldn't hear a sound. 20 something walkers on the front porch? You're going to hear them. The growling, the groaning, the moaning, the screaming. They never shut up. They were all conveniently quiet at that very moment.

The whole setup just felt a little too contrived. But the writers needed a way to split Darryl and Beth up. So that was what we got.

15. HeadlessHershel

Lazy writing. Beth and Daryl should've joined the 'coffin club'.

16. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

I know. We, the viewers, saw the walkers through the door before Daryl did. I dunno whether they were thinking that that would add to the tension because we'd be thinking "Oh no, Daryl, don't you open that door. OMG he opened the door." But it just didn't work because we thought "Jesus Christ, Daryl, how could you have been so dumb as to open the MFing door?"

There've been a tad too many examples of characters going "oh yeah, I forgot we're in a ZA, my bad".

17. The_Not_So_Dead

LOL, I know, just like they did with the Guv. First I thought the colours of my tv were off...
    Does the change in hair colour signifies he's going to the "dark side" ;P

#137 The_Not_So_Dead, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  18. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

When I saw him and Beth looking at the grave, and it showed Beth his hand I was like WTF! At his bright red long hair. Really, that needs sorting out. It looks silly.

19. duttydva

duttydva Member

i agree. they seem really lame & shiftless.

20. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Well, now I'm thinking about the Black Widows from Every Which Way But Loose. It would be amusing to see these lowlifes meet their demise without the usual battle sequence.