Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Criticisms for "Claimed"

Discussion in 'Episode 411 - Claimed' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 19, 2014.

1. AllieSinn

AllieSinn Member

#1 complaint? Not enough Rosita!

2. sneakyboo

sneakyboo Member

I didn't feel the episode was slow but I think the episode was a good one, it had the correct pace for the tone of the episode.

He is just a kid and kids can question people like that, I felt it was more realistic that he questioned her like that, I feel a kid that age would ask questions like that in order to make deeper connections, they are not going to think about feelings like an adult. It was a bit on the annoying side... but teenagers can be annoying at times.

I was wondering if that was a line from the comic because it just seemed like a weird thing to say to the guy who just minded his ass for the bunch of states they just passed to get there. It also felt strange that Abraham just took it. Also wouldn't Abraham have a better idea about navigating and safety than Eugene.

I would think that if the world went to crap in the morning there would be a lot of douche bag idiots like those guys around and with no law they would do pretty much what does guys did on the show... so for that I think they were realistic... not every threat the groups meet can be of epic proportions, there has to be lots of idiot groups as well... we have seen groups like this before so these might not be the bandits from the comics and we may yet encounter them.

I loved those moments too... I really liked the whole house scene with Rick and those guys, all those near misses were just brilliant.
    I always though that Merle losing his hand was a substitute for Rick losing his in the comic. Anyway with the Governor gone who is going to cut it off..... also I thought that was a regretted choice in the comic, so I can't see them doing it in the show.
    Oh and a gif of the spray can of cheese is needed badly, that was so funny lol

3. sneakyboo

sneakyboo Member

My biggest criticism for the whole show after watching it three times in a row is that.......... Rick slid out from under that bed without getting a trace of dirt or a dust bunny stuck to him, seriously if I slid around on my floor in a white t-shirt after a few days it would be dirty. No-one has cleaned that house in years and it showed the amount of dust bunnies underneath.... but no! it had to come out a clean white shirt.

Seriously that's the most unrealistic thing on the show to date :zombies_confused: :Grin:

Plus those dust bunnies should have made him sneeze.....

With Lizzies vendetta against bunnies, they will probably show up in a dust bin in a later episode.

[​IMG]

4. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

I thought Eugene's " Trust me, I'm smarter than you." Line was a hint to the fact that we will find out later on he is actually just a dumb moron who fooled the ginger dude into protecting him.

5. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

I wasn't annoyed with Eugene's "I'm smarter than you" remark to Abraham at all. In fact, it made me question WHY Abraham, a man who could easily kick this egotistical mullet-wearing clowns a$$ from here to eternity, would take that kind of abuse? To me, it says Abraham takes that crap because A) he feels the need to atone for some kind of perceived past sin. and B) He believes the scientist can save humanity. Oh, did anyone else notice Abraham Ford's wedding ring? I smell a backstory coming. :)

Also, fellow comic readers...
    PLEASE STOP SPOILING SH*T!!!!!!!!!
    It doesn't make you look like the smartest person in the room... It makes you look like a son of a d*ck!

#185 Hawaiian Shirt Zombie, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  6. govlov08

govlov08 New Member

I think the last few episodes have been particularly bad, but this one may be the worst of the series so far. It's pretty bad that the new character who I don't know anything about (Abraham) held my interest far longer than Rick, Carl, Michonne or Glenn did. The show seems to think it needs to isolate itself in order to regroup, but all it's doing is making us stop caring about the group as a whole. I have a decent attention span, but as this storyline plays out, it's all I can do to keep from fastfowarding,....pretty much anything.

The beauty of the first few seasons was that each character's death had meaning, had impact, changed the way characters behaved for a long time, even permanently. Starting with Merle's death, no character can be mourned, because of all the action from outside of the group. The zombies are a bonus, but I watch for the characters' interactions, how they change and how they need each other.

Just a split second reaction from Glenn re: Hershel's death (which seems to be more than Beth or Maggie even acknowledged their father's death- don't get me started, I could practically hear Beth breaking into song when we heard her diary entries!)

Yes, Carl is showing remorse over Judith. But after what they'd all been through- hello, Hershel was killed in an extremely cruel and violent way, yet his death is pretty much meaningless at this point.

Michonne- she is starting to lose what made her so interesting and appealing in the first place. Watching her smile and joke around so much would kind of like watching Mr. Spock break into song and dance after beating the Klingons yet again.

Rick- I never thought I would say this....but Carl was right. I have no respect for Rick anymore, not after Too far gone. He should have been out there every hour of every day until the governor was taken care of. I am sure had Shane been around, none of that would have happened. I want to like Rick, and know he's been through a lot.....but there's something about him at this point that makes me just not care.

7. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Why would Carl show remorse over Judith? He didn't do anything to her. He is showing grief, not remorse.

8. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

You'll have to read the comic to get your answer to that question lol

9. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Or c) There's nothing like a quest to pass the time lol

What a depressing world, I'd like to think I'd go on a quest to do something to fill in the time and feel like I was going to make a difference..

10. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

Indeed. That was kinda what B) eludes to, but I was too lazy to type it all out. Agreed. I'd need something to keep myself occupied with or I'd likely eat a bullet.

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Right, because running around looking for a man in a zombie apocalypse, when you have no idea where he is, if he's even in the same state, would have been a GREAT idea, while he left his son behind to fend off all the other bad people that still exist in the world, and may come by. Yeah, that would have been the more responsible thing to do. **rolls eyes**

And you would have liked the show better if Abraham and co. were LESS interesting??

12. swscully

swscully Member

First season will apparently never be topped. Theyve raped the comics for all the good feasible ideas and used them up. They appear to be scouring the comic books now for kishy comic-fan crapola to keep the cash flow rolling. Very disappointed since the start of season 3. S4E10 gave me hope, despite this Ford clowns entrance at the end... S4E11 just made me sad for the camera man for having to record it...

13. Neuropyramidal

I'm more sad for the people subjected to reading your post.

14. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

You do know that this show is originally based on the comics, right?

15. nuke

nuke Member

The one thing that got me is when the one intruder strangled the other, left him on the floor, then took a nap. Are you kidding me? How has this guy made it this far? I just killed a guy and he's probably going to turn, I'll shoot him in the head after my nap and he's ate half of my guts out.

16. lvprguy

lvprguy Member

I think he was still breathing. Perhaps this type of abuse is common with the group as it sounded like they used a person to ram the front door open.

17. shhh its me

shhh its me Member

I don't take issue with them being less them meandering a little. They had a good amount of stuff by the time they reached that house. People can't be in 100% combat survival mode all the time. Caveman spent some time painting , surely they could have been on the look out for wolves , gathering more berries or inventing the wheel.

18. EmeraldFire

EmeraldFire Member

I know it's the zombie apocalypse and appearances don't matter but I feel like 'the guy who can cure it all' should at least have a haircut from the 2000s.

19. Neuropyramidal

You have to read the comics. :p. There is

20. Scalemail Ted

Scalemail Ted Member

Maybe he's just a fan of MacGyver