Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Criticisms for "Live Bait"

Discussion in 'Episode 406 - Live Bait' started by Stuff&Thangs, Nov 13, 2013.

1. joshred4

joshred4 Member

I don't understand how its humanly possible to stop watching this series after starting...

2. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

Maybe this next episode might see a viewer drop if they expect next episode to be more of the same as Live Bait, but it will probably rebuild by the mid-season episode.

3. melthebell

melthebell Well-Known Member

me niether, but what people forget is its already almost halfway through its 4th season, most tv series are lucky to get past 2, not sure theres many in history that have more than say 9? its already almost halfway to that.
    i presume its hard to keep a tv series at the same level of writing / interest the longer a show goes on, but the walking dead IS lucky that it has an almost infinite amount of subject matter cos of the comics and books and games it can dip into at any point

4. melthebell

personally im happy for the idiots to drop off, the ones that whine and whinge because it doesnt FULLFILL all their expectations about how they think it should go

5. joshred4

joshred4 Member

Because people need to have constant action...honestly those people should probably go watch "24" if they want non-stop action.

6. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

Same, really not bothered if they go. Seems like the prison arc is coming to a close, so they may be missing out on some really exciting fresh new material.

7. melthebell

a lack of understanding about the show

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I don't think many people say this. There are just loud people who like to make a fuss. Most of them will still keep watching. My guess is we'll still have around 12 million for next episode, and then the midseason finale will jump to 13+

9. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

I've seen dvr numbers that indicate about the same amount of people are watching each week, just more on dvr and not live

10. melthebell

yeah well theres only so many episodes you can do in the same place before it generally gets a bit boring, and only so many characters you can kill off before your main cast are that small and inconsequential lol

the problem is, a lot of people dont actually understand the show, its never been about balls to the wall action, or even zombies, its about people, how they react in a situation like that, the emotion, the loss, the isolation, the grasping for survival

which was all wrapped up inside the governors episode i thought perfectly

11. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

After seeing promos for the next episode, it has actually made me appreciate this episode more. It is also obvious that the Gov

12. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think the viewship is probably even stronger in the late teen, early 20's group than we think, because a lot of those people watch a television that is registered to their parent, someone in the 40-59 age group, or something.

13. melthebell

cheers, ive not heard or seen anything about the next episode but from your description it sounds interesting, and exciting

14. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I was surprised by the 16 million for the premiere. I thought the audience growth of the show that we've seen from season to season would level off a bit. You figure that the Season 3 finale was around 12.5 millon and previously from the end of one season to another they'd pick up somewhere around 1 to 2 million to kickoff the new season. So that was a huge jump. Right now their numbers are basically at their previous peaks, so I don't see a declining audience as a factor yet.

15. Mr Sinister

Mr Sinister Member

No, we're not in the minority. It just may seem that way because we keep seeing the same few simpletons bitching and complaining about how The Governor doesn't deserve two stand alone episodes if he's just going to die, they should be focusing on the main group, etc. Ironically enough, I feel The Governor's impending death is all the more reason to focus on him now, because obviously the writers feel there's still more story to tell, and there's really only a small window of opportunity to accomplish this, because once he's gone, they can't really go back. I get that some people don't really care for The Governor. That's fine. But even if they made an episode or two revolving around a character that I wasn't really interested in, that wouldn't keep me from watching, because it's still The Walking Dead with the same quality writing and I know there would still be scenarios and maybe other characters introduced that I would find interesting. I guess that's what separates a true TWD fan from a casual one. Not that I really have a huge problem with all the casual fans, because I know that's what makes up the majority of the show's viewers, but I just find it somewhat disheartening to see how narrow minded some of those individuals can actually be.

#595 Mr Sinister, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  16. Mr Sinister

Mr Sinister Member

Unfortunately, some of them apparently have just enough intelligence to figure out a way to register and post on our forums. It's like our own little version of a zombie invasion. Have to try and fend them all off. Sigh.....

17. RonRevogeht

RonRevogeht Member

This...and the rest come from people that hate The Governor. lol
    [​IMG]

18. RonRevogeht

RonRevogeht Member

[​IMG]

19. tink

tink Well-Known Member

It wasn't my favorite episode EVAH!, but it wasn't a bad one either. I thought it was pretty interesting. The thing is until you know where the story ultimately ends up sometimes things might seem like they were slow or not needed, then you see where it ends and you think aha! and realize you did need to see it.

So until the midseason finale I am holding off on my judgements just a bit.

20. WalkingDog

WalkingDog Member

oh the superiority fanboys in this thread!