Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Criticisms for "Live Bait"

Discussion in 'Episode 406 - Live Bait' started by Stuff&Thangs, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Same here. It was a good episode, not a great one. I'm looking forward to the second half of the season, when

2. tink

tink Well-Known Member

YES!

3. Neuropyramidal

INDEED!!! Split
    is how I like my chicken salad sandwiches, and its how I like my TWD.

4. tink

tink Well-Known Member

5. Neuropyramidal

chickarrhea.

6. Porfivor Nixon

That some people have to resort to name-calling because they can't properly defend their position shows you the level of sophistication they operate in.

It really has nothing to do with the Governor getting his own episode. It's because the writing for the Governor and the episode itself wasn't very good. The episode did not tell us anything we did not already know. We already knew the Governor was capable of great love for children because we saw how attached he was to his own daughter, we also knew the Governor could be very protective of the ones he chose to be in a group with- he went out of his way to be nice to Andrea when he first met her, those feelings seemed genuine considering he didn't have to bring her into the group at all. So this label of "character development" is all smoke and mirrors- it was all a retread, there was nothing new to it at all. It was just a waste of time.

7. Porfivor Nixon

They will drop a bit. Last week's episode was not very good and it looks like the next one will be just more of the same.

8. whitestar1

whitestar1 Member

The best decision AMC ever did was cutting the seasons in two.

9. Govisgreat

Govisgreat Member

it was the greatest hour of TV in our history.

10. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

Do not care about so called "fans" on facebook. Most of them don't know what they're talking about.
    Do not believe those who say they will stop watching the show if Daryl or anyone else dies. They would still watch it.
    Ratings will always go up and down, that's normal. The show's ratings are fantastic, better than ever. Premieres, mid-season finales and season finales have the best ratings.

11. AliceKettle

AliceKettle Member

I think that the Governor may be my favorite character on the show. I understand that he was a sadistic psychopath for most of season three, but I've always felt the most excited to watch what he'll do next on the show. I think that Rick and the prison group has gotten kind of boring and predictable. I actually don't think that the Governor will die this season.

12. Agramer

Then why did you watch the first five episodes?

13. Agramer

I usually puke on those facebook comments.

14. Springsheen

Springsheen Member

Bravo, sir.

You said a lot of the things I have been noticing on this forum since I joined.

I also feel slightly stalkerish that I went on a like-a-thon on your posts on this thread.

15. RonRevogeht

RonRevogeht Member

I kept hoping His Excellency would make an appearance. I'm also hoping The Governor levels that place ASAP to advance the story. If His Excellency does not succeed, I'll be driving my truck at a high rate of speed towards the prison set to finish what The Governor started!

[​IMG]

16. RonRevogeht

RonRevogeht Member

I'd really like to know how many people Rick has killed vs. The Governor. I think you'll find the body count is about the same but Rick has been leading smaller groups so he's actually killed a much higher percentage of his own people. The Governor had to shoot what 8 or 9 members of the Woodbury militia but if you watch that scene every single one of them was holding a weapon. What the governor did wasn't 'evil' or even irrational in that situation because any one of them could've fired the first shot.

I'm also not sure how some people can say 'Live Bait' didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. Where did The Governor go and what was He doing? The Governor was the biggest threat (by far) to the prison group in season 3 it makes sense that they would show what He was doing at some point? The prison group is boring and predictable 'Live Bait' could not have come at a better time. Rick has the personality of a wet blanket and is a total killjoy..."you can't do that Carl"..."give me your gun Carl"..."I won't have you Carol"...etc... lol

17. rustybag

rustybag Member

Seriously, [MENTION=17892]Porfivor Nixon[/MENTION] makes a good point. We are talking about a tv show. One that has gone through quite a few changes as the seasons have developed (writers, directors, actors, etc), I might add. Viewers are of various ages and backgrounds and have their own tastes, likes, dislikes and viewpoints, etc. If someone doesn't like something you like, or sees it in a different way, it's really not anything personal against YOU (unless of course they make it personal), and there's really no need to start putting people down. I thought this was a place to share opinions and discuss the series, not show blind allegiance to it.

18. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Great Post! You have got to stop making so much sense and being logical, because your gonna start a rumble around here..

19. WalkingDog

WalkingDog Member

Ha, thanks. It's nice to know its not just me, most people "dislike" my perspective on this issue :)
    Let the stalking continue!

20. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I think you guys are misunderstanding why the complaining every episode receives such a surly response here.

Every week from season 1 a small handful of people who didn't like the episode posted multiple threads to let us all know. Not just one thread... but many threads.... each episode... all season..

Season one it was mildly entertaining, by the end of season one the joke was getting tiresome..

Season 2 not only did a repeat of season one occur, but this time the complaining spilled into all the threads because the complaining threads were being ignored. Threads were created were complain about the show, and the sentiments in those threads repeated in all the episode threads to antagonize everyone..

Season 2 & 3 we had to endure troll accounts as well, the number of troll accounts that created tens & tens of threads to rubbish the show grew exponentially as the season went on.

By season 4 we had a group discussion with a suggestion made to add a complaints thread to every episode to curb the negativity so the majority of the posters who wished to analyze & discuss the episode could do so in relative peace, while the folks who wished to criticize the show had an area to do so.

There are some members who are ignoring the complaints thread to continue posting their gripes in several separate threads each episode. It's the same complaints each episode, and it really comes across as a Debbie Downer after 4 seasons and people are just sick of it by now..

No-one is taking the gripes personally, no-one is wearing rose colored glasses for this TV show, it's the endless Debbie Downer aspect of these complaining threads that everyone has a low tolerance for now..

By all means post your gripes of the show, just do so in the criticisms thread created in each episode section..

[video=youtube_share;Aek_t8GT6bg]http://youtu.be/Aek_t8GT6bg[/video]