Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Criticisms for "Us"

Discussion in 'Episode 415 - Us' started by Stuff&Thangs, Mar 23, 2014.

1. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I guess with the same Laser Like Focus you practiced before you simply did not see him as you now admit?(Sarcasm!)

He is the one with the Bandana and it is crucial to the story that he still is there as only he can Identify Rick!

2. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

1)Why was Eugene sleeping on the rail track? Out in the open like that with nothing to protect him from or alert him to approaching walkers /crazies.
    2)which sane person would enter a dark train tunnel where you can hear hungry walkers snarling in the dark ? Even if it added a day to the possible meet up with my lover I'd avoid that almost guaranteed suicide. Better a day late than dead, I'm sure the loved one would understand it was because I didn't have enough fire power and my travel companion who saved my life a couple of days before is injured

3. Toothpick

im glad someone else said this I didn't want to come across as anti-man by raising it( coz sometimes fandom & interwebs forums can make peeps very sensitive)
    the bad guys already showed how they are by arguing over who would get first dibs on Michonne just by finding her shirt. Oh dear!sometimes I despair for the human race if this is the calibre of people who would survive a potential extinction event like the ZA. I think Michonne struck lucky escaping with Rick and Carl.Ricks got morals, may have mental health problems but he's no crazy murdering rapist, he's got "successful survivor" written all over him that's gotta be a good call by anyone's reckoning. Ok carl' s going through the annoying teenager stage but its nothing Michonne can't deal with.

4. Motorboat

Motorboat New Member

Actually he does stay in the group - his name is Tony I think, and he is the token person of color, he always wears a bandana on his head. I do agree that the tracking seems unrealistic and I agree with others who feel this band is unlikely and contrived. But I bet they're not as unlikely and contrived as Terminus turns out to be. It's kind of odd to insist on realism from a show about walking dead people - or is it? What's cool about the show is a glimpse about how real people might act in a completely unreal situation. I really want there to be an edge of realism to the show but whenever the dead show up I have to suspend my disbelief or I end up thinking, how can a head with no lungs make hissing and gurgling noises? or how can muscles keep operating with no oxygen or blood flow? So we have to accept some impossibilities but at the same time it can't go over into complete surreal fantasy or we will lose interest because we don't "believe" it. I'm rambling I'll shut up now.

5. antonyzac

antonyzac New Member

Aha your ramblings are my exact thought process every time I watch the show.

6. jdawg011

jdawg011 Member

The only part I really enjoyed was Daryl's. Joe's character was done excellently and although his group seems too "tough guyish," it's cool that he managed to establish rules to keep people in check in a ZA. That is tough to do. The fact that his group is following those rules shows that he is actually a decent leader. Of course, the show will make him out to be a "bad guy" and he'll have to die later because Rick is the only good person left right? I'm hoping somehow when they meet up with Rick that they'll be able to work things out without people getting killed, but that's doubtful.

The rest of the episode was either meh, or outright bad.

Rick's part was too short and seemed pointless to me, and I get the Michonne seeing the world in a happier light and trying to be more pleasant than she was, but I think they are over doing the whole Carl Michonne friendship. The only point to that scene was the candy wrapper on the ground.

Glenn started getting on my nerves, wasting his energy sprinting, when if he wanted to catch up it'd be easier to do a quick paced walk. He's smarter than that. Then goes through a tunnel instead of climbing up the hill and going over it? Was it a mountain or something? He could at least have started out by trying to draw the zombies that you can hear out of the tunnel. And in the tunnel, could he not have killed the zombies one at a time from the safety of the top of the rocks instead of idiotically trying to distract them and climb down a steep thing with a girl that he KNEW was injured and would obviously fall at the worst possible time. Would have saved a lot of trouble if he had just dropped some rocks on them or stabbed them from up there. Even using bullets would've worked better. Oh did I mention that he and his saviors would all be deaf from shooting guns in a tunnel like that?

Abraham's... He's the better of the three but Rosita and Eugene can't seem to act at all, and Rosita isn't even wearing her pointless skimpy clothing to distract us from the fact. Eugene is about the dumbest possible person to survive a ZA, what was he before this? An alcoholic biker in some 4 man gang that thought they ruled the streets? If he was a scientist, he certainly was the dumbest one to ever live, which should raise a million flags for his protectors.

Unlike most, I thought Maggie's and Glens scene where they met was pretty good. They obviously would have been excited to see each other after knowing the possibility of them being dead, though I think a shout from Tara being like "hey, my leg is still stuck here" would have been appropriate. The burning of the picture was unnecessary and stupid. You should be prepared for things to go wrong at all times, as they should know after what, 2 years?

Terminus seemed to void of zombies at the gates considering there was no one around clearing them. So the prison managed to gather hundreds of zombies over and over and over non stop but this place has some magical zombie repellent? They did a good job of making the place creepy though.

7. Toothpick

Maybe the stench of roast human repels the walkers who like their meat rare and bloody. The whole gates wide open thing annoys me ESP as the Terminus crew have been inviting all and sundry from the surrounding hundred miles or so, Mary standing with her back to a group of people whose footsteps she must be able to hear is not believable even if she does have radio contact with a lookout person on the roof to alert her to any danger. i know this is a fantasy show about the dead not staying dead but the real draw is trying to empathise with how the living react to the threat.

too many gaping plot holes is too distracting and takes focus off the characters whom we relate to and feel connected to. like Rick and Carol and Bob and Michonne. This is why I keep watching, issues like Glenn going into the tunnel annoy me because WHO THE HELL WOULD DO THAT ANYWAY? Dear writers pleases stop doing things like this it's no good for my patience/loyalty or the credibility of my favourite show.

although that said, I do like Abe & Co very much, even Rosita was less embarrassing this week but she can't act. yes all 3 of them are caricatures but aren't all of the characters to some extent?

We have a moody teenager, a monosyllabic emotionally immature ex-biker dude, the devoted end-of his-tether single.Dad, mysterious aloof black woman, impulsive young lovers who ignore all survival instincts to be reunited Now add a sinister perversion of the Earth Mother archetype who just wants everyone to sit and eat. Yep, there's something/someone for everyone in that mix.

8. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

Lol this whole post made me laugh. But Abe and company are really bad so far. The acting is just amateurish and they look like they just stepped out of a Quentin Tarantino movie. This is a show about a zombie apocalypse based on a comic, but there was much more realism in the first two seasons. Casting choices should try to keep that realism. Seems like the more this show goes on the more they are casting not-so-good actors. Tara also looks like she belongs in some B-flick slasher movie.

9. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

I assume Glenn's motivation for (incredibly stupidly) going into the tunnel was to check that Mags wasn't there as a walker.

He's behaving like a love struck teenager though, taking idiotic and out of character risks. I hope they make his characters actions a bit more credible from now on.

10. jetsixsix

jetsixsix Member

I think that's why it is important that the show keeps taking the turns it does, otherwise we start to think about these things too much. I talk about the same things with my wife, especially the 'zombie physiology,' and she (in the medical field) just rolls her eyes and says 'it's just a show, accept it. Shut up and enjoy it.' There will always be quirks with the character behaviors, acting, etc. that make us cringe or shake our heads, but for the most part I think thy do a good job at keeping it tight.

I think part of it is how different each showrunner has been in style, that thy have to blend their run in to the last one before they can hit their stride. It seems like just as their style starts to gel, here comes another changing of the guard. I know that it is not uncommon for showrunners to change in other series, but they seem to have very starkly contrasting styles in TWD.

11. Geek Walker

Geek Walker Member

Totally agree with this post. Season 4 (and most episodes in 3) felt like filler and slow going. The new characters seem cheesy and hard to accept. The episodes jumping around to each group would work if it was a comic book, but doesn't seem practical in the TV series IMO. Hopefully the finale will make up for a slow season.

12. Dead Dahlia

Dead Dahlia Member

Hmm ...? Criticisms ...

Well, I would have liked a little more information about Mary - something that would have really rattled me until the following Sunday. Everyone is guessing what she is or what Terminus is ... but a little hinting/foreshadowing (besides the BBQ pit) would have been nice.

I liked that Glenn found Maggie ... but ... I think it could have been a little more dramatic. I think that Eugene stumbling across Maggie/Sasha/Bob could have been more dramatic as well. Both of those "wow" moments ... were lacking the wow. At least for me ...

I did like that Glenn manned up and wasn't going to leave Tara behind, but why be so stupid in the first place? Why go walking into a dark tunnel where everyone can clearly hear the walkers moaning? What's the need? Then, they both got into a bind when her foot got lodged. If Abe & Co hadn't showed up ... Glenn and Tara would've been lunch or worse ... walkers. But, that wasn't the case and they all were saved and reunited which was awesome, but ... come on Glenn. :zombies_rolleyes:

13. Youcher1

Youcher1 New Member

The only sane reason for Glen to do what he did was to make sure that a) Maggie was not in the tunnel cornered by Walkers or b) that he had to make sure that Maggie was not one of those gurgling Walkers. One thing is clear STOP LETTING NICOTERO DIRECT! Let him creat walkers and sign checks, thats it!

14. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

lol

15. JayDee

JayDee Member

Can we have a new Daryl? I enjoy his action scenes that requires absolutely no talking. The man just can't act. And I can barely make out anything he says. This is an overall complaint but it still relevant to this episode.

I'm so over Maggie and his girlfriend Glenn lol. I just really can't deal. Make it interesting. Kill one or both of them off. They definitely should NOT have reunited last episode. They probably should not have reunited til next season. I needed for them to believe the other was dead so that we won't see them in a whipped trance and jeopardizing everyone's safety because of it. It's just all overkill.

I actually appreciate Michonne's demeanor and she and Carl's relationship. But the scene was really out of place this episode.

And why no more Bobsha frisky time. I find it amazingly creepy! lol

16. PseudoM

PseudoM New Member

There is a pretty major plot hole. (Or rather, I don't understand it and am calling it a plot hole) If there is an explanation, please share it. (Spoilers btw)

When Glen is in the tunnel, he sees the debris in front of him. Beyond the debris is LOADS of Walkers. Later on, it is revealed that Maggie caused a miniature cave-in in the tunnel by firing the rest of her clip into the ceiling. She did this to create a barricade (Of debris) between the Walkers and her party. (Her, Bob, That black chick who's name I can't remember) The party then proceeded to go through the cave. How is it that the Walkers are on the side of the barricade that is closer to the exit? In order for the situation to make sense, wouldn't the Walkers either
    A) Be on the side Glen is on
    Or, B) Or follow Maggie out of the tunnel

This has been bothering me, can you explain it please?

17. PseudoM

PseudoM New Member

They shot guns at the prison. They also yelled (A lot)

18. Youcher1

Youcher1 New Member

Personally, I wish they would STOP following Kirkman's comic series and just go off on their own tangent with some kinda JJ. Abrams alternate time-line thing. A lot of the characters are doing their own thing anyway and there would be fewer patch-job plottings and SPOILERS!

I mean, I HATE that we already know that Terminus is a massive, Raccoon-City type, military installation - that Carl tries to seduce Michonne - and that Beth has already been murdered. That's all been established in the comics (sigh). You just KNOW, that some D-b*g is going to spill those details in the forums.

19. jdawg011

jdawg011 Member

Well after this finale, we can see that many bullets have been shot here too. They must just do a good job at clearing.

20. Callysta

Callysta Active Member

I think this episode will provide a great backstory for next season. Plus Rick's a badass..