Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Dale Horvath

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by Canadian36, Mar 6, 2012.

1. turbo6

turbo6 Member

Regardless of what your strategy is here, you can survive with humanity.

You don't have to be the type of group like Randall's, and that is ultimately what I think Dale was striving for.

2. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

Nice tune...it's got a good beat and I can dance to it! And remember you gotta do the cookin' by the book!!LMAO...:shining:

#22 STRINGS, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  3. Canadian36

Canadian36 Member

Well hershel can't replace dale. The only thing they had in common was that they were both old. hershel could care less if they killed randall. shows how lil humanity he has left. Plus he's boring. He talks boring. He moves and acts boring. He's a grumpy old man. Dale at least had SPIRIT!!! That added drama to the show. Watching hershel is like watching paint dry. Maybe they could eventually replace dale with someone new with a similar personality. Someone with a high moral code that tries to keep them in check. That's the problem with shows like this. If one of the main characters decides to leave, then there's not much they can do. It happened on 3's company way back in the 80's when Susan Summers got fired and they had to write a main character out of the show. it just ruines the show. Hopefully a replacement joins.

4. Peanut Q. Public

Dale is one of a kind

sorry but there is no replacement for Dale.

5. Rictor

Rictor New Member

Whatever the reasons, it's unfortunate that the character is gone. Some one else will have to take over the role of the conscience of the group. My money would be on Glenn more than Hershel, if Glenn can grow a pair and start speaking up.

6. BrokenAngel

BrokenAngel Active Member

I felt sad and a bit emotional. I liked Dale he was everyone's confidant it seemed. He will be missed. However I knew at some this season he would fall. I just didn't like how he died and felt a bit disturbing. I was relieved to see Daryl like an angel of mercy ending Dale's pain and suffering for him.

7. WalkingLive

WalkingLive Member

It's a shame to see any good actor, well developed character, gone from an interesting show, but,

As a character, standing around looking like an idiot next to a chewed up cow was infinitely stupid.

....on top of wandering around aimlessly.

So, for fiction, Dale kinda deserved the Darwin Award he received. Goodbye Dale...

8. Canadian36

Canadian36 Member

They honestly screwed it up though. What they should have done is something similar to handless guy. Make him disappear. That way later on say for example this thing goes on as long as 24 or some crap. Then maybe at some later date they could bring him back. Like for example. They could have had him go with Rick and Shane or some other characters on a secret mission to let Randall go. They all get in the car, drive him way out. But then have it happen so that accidentally he gets lost or something where they drop off Randall. And the guy driving the car has to boot it out of there leaving Dale behind too. Something like that you know??? Where they could bring him back later "as an option". Or later if they wanted to they bring back a guy who looks or is dressed like Glenn as a zombie so it reminds people, "oh ya he got left behind and must have got bit as now he's a zombie" and they could have got someone else to play the zombie. Just get a bunch of make up and the same clothing and you got it. But to just shoot him. Awhh man, no options no nothing.

9. JDP

JDP Member

If he wanted to leave the show(even if he later changed his mind after it was too late), this was the best way to do it. Provides an emotional, powerful moment that can possibly advance other characters. There are also tons of other comic or original characters they can bring in. I'm a huge Dale and Jeff DeMunn fan btw

eta: I don't think the writing of the whole show was the best way, but at least Dale's death was.

10. ReconJack

ReconJack New Member

The best part of the last episode was when Daryl said: Sorry bro...