Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daniel's Horde. Believable?

Discussion in 'Episode 106 - The Good Man' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Is there really any way to release a horde of 2000 walkers, and immediately afterwards act so glib? Especially this early in the game? And certainly Daniel was not out of breath.

This is really stretching our suspensions of disbelief. One way I could accept this happening is if they hooked a long chain to the truck and drove forward, pulling an arena door off, with Daniel standing safely away. Then, at a fairly safe distance of 100 feet or so, Daniel makes noises and gestures to ensure that the walkers follow him. That could make sense.

However, I don't believe this is what happened. There is another scenario, which makes almost as much sense, and is the one I believe actually happened. After the horde scene, Ofelia is carrying bolt cutters as they run through the medical complex. She has them in her hands for many scenes, and even uses them to kill a zombie. To me, this suggests that Ofelia cut a chain on one of the arena doors directly, and then ran to a vehicle, and they drove off. Daniel stayed behind on foot, at a relatively safe distance, to lead the walkers to the medical compound.

2. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Maybe they only cut one door open so it was a trickle coming out. Which would have made for a funny scene, all the walkers trying to be first thru and all of them getting stuck until one has an arm or something come off and he makes it out and opens the bottle neck. So it might have given Daniel a pretty good head start

3. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, that's the only way it could work is if they just cut one door. Nothing else would make sense. You can't hang around cutting another door as walkers are exiting the door next to you. From the clues they gave us, I think we are meant to believe that Ofelia cut the chain off one door, then ran, and Daniel, from a distance, calmly lead the walkers to the complex.

4. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Some one must have cut it besides Daniel. And when the walkers came out they would have fallen down the stairs also which would be another pile up while they got back on their feet, so yeah, Daniel had plenty of time.

5. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

I believe it, he is a torturer/interrogator who flayed the skin off of a fellow human being and was then going to execute him

he was believable

they are slow and just need to keep on walking

6. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

This is the most callous, indomnitable move I ever seen in the Walking Dead. No one was thinking of the side-effects? Really? Dooming the whole base AND all living in the surrounding kilometers.

7. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

When he says to her that he needs her help I imagine this is exactly what he has planned.

No it is not believable along with most of the things I saw in this episode.

8. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I am more suprised at the lack of firepower in the American Army. Hell even the Swedish could bring out some weird shit if needed like Jas Gripen multi-purpose planes or the Corvette Visby at port cities. A heavy cal HMG would make minced meat of that zombie horde. Or is the national guard or what these guys supposed to be, just equipped with basics? Cause they had a barett sniper rifle and machine guns on those humvees. No Abrams or napalm bombing like on the east side of the US in the normal Walking Dead.

It is a show so I get it, the zombies cannot be defeated easily and all but still. RIP all those loyal soldiers who fought till the end.

9. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

No. because it's been repeatedly proven in zombie shows that a character can't walk in front of a bunch of zombies without tripping and falling down.

10. yuke

yuke Member

No. The fact that the compound was threatened by 2000 walkers was unbelievable. They should have been able to mow down half the herd in the first 5 mins. I saw 10-15 soldiers. Each would have six clips, with 30 rounds per clip. Assuming a kill for every third round, that like 900 walkers dead.

11. Neuropyramidal

So 1,100 still walking.

12. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Most of the soldiers were pulling out though, not fighting. If they saw they were holding their own and more fought, they'd have done better. I think the kill ratio would be a lot lower than 1 in 3 bullets, but a lot higher for these people experienced in headshots than it actually was.

13. Thrishmal

Thrishmal New Member

I can suspend my disbelief for the group managing to get the walkers there in a big horde. I had trouble with how terrible the aim of the soldiers was while standing 15 feet away from their targets though. It should have been like shooting fish in a barrel.

14. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

That's one of the problems with this show. They consistently ignore Science.

15. DeadRun

DeadRun Member

So not true - what about the mini horde in TWD before the storm hit? Rick and crew trudging down the road followed my the mini herd?

16. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

They fell down en masse when the camera wasn't watching.

17. Thrishmal

Thrishmal New Member

Plot gyros! :p

18. Znuts

Znuts Member

This is hilarious. I just imagine the group walking, followed by the herd. The group all falls down at once. Rick gets up and is all, "wtf guys? We can beat the Governor, but we can't get away from a herd of walkers? Come on."

19. Neuropyramidal

Hard to say. Many of the soldiers were on the ground, so before they came through the fence, they'd be killing the ones in front, which would then get pinned against the fence, and it would be harder to aim for the heads a few layers back. Plus they were panicking. I think the way it played out was pretty believable.

20. Cons72

Cons72 Member

How about the fact the army didn't seem to drop a single one of them?

Heck, I don't think they even hit one if you base hits on flinches and some tissue flying.