Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl and Carol's "magical" van ride

Discussion in 'Episode 506 - Consumed' started by Mr Sinister, Nov 17, 2014.

1. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

Typical mistakes in shows and movies. Ha! They thought they'd fool me (us) with editing.

3. rainycat

rainycat New Member

I rolled my eyes when I watched the weird van drop. But what was stranger was that only 2 or 3 zombies came down after - there were dozens milling around the back of the van and a big van shaped gap in the fence for them to fall off.

4. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

5. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Seriously, from the trajectory the van started falling from, for it to land on it's tires was a total joke.....

6. Walker Caravan

Instead of guns they can point fingers at each other and go "pew pew".

7. lewh

lewh Member

Found this re-edited gif on Reddit, using footage from the making-of video and the final product and it already looks infinitely better hah!

[​IMG]

8. Walker Caravan

Now just throw in some walker looking things up by the railing as the van goes over and I'd be fully happy with the scene.

9. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Yeah. This is one of those "glass half-full/half-empty" personality tests.

Maybe they can CGI a shot of the van doing a faceplant into the ground and then falling back on its tires. That way they can keep the shot from inside the van. Would be worth the effort, methinks.

10. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

I thought air bags only deploy in a head-on collision, which is where I thought they were going with that drop. But Chitty Chitty Bang Van is cool too.

11. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Yeah... because so many bridges in Atlanta are taller than the Sears Tower that would have given plenty of times for the van to flip. Nope, it was an incredibly bad scene.

The worst part is that the scene would have been BETTER if the van did hit nose first or on the roof. More realistic (obviously) and the characters still could have gotten out with the same injuries. Whoever made the decision to land the van on its wheels should get a pay cut.

After watching that I'm surprised they didn't have Darryl turn the key and say, "it's running! Let's DRIVE to the hospital!"