Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl at grave

Discussion in 'Episode 305 - Say The Word' started by undeadchick, Nov 11, 2012.

1. undeadchick

undeadchick Member

Okay seriously is Carol dead? I couldn't believe how they totally glossed over it in this episode. I kept expecting Rick to either find her alive or find her body. But at the end Daryl is visiting a grave. Is it carols? It could be Lori's or T's, but Daryl was closest to Carol. If it is carols grave, why didnt it ever show her body? And if they haven't found a body and her death is simply assumed, why not mention it? And why dig a grave in the first place? AGGGHHHHHHH I'm frustrated!

2. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

they think she is dead so they made a grave. I think she is alive. in the preview daryl found a zombie killed with carol's knife.

3. Loc

Loc Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm pretty sure shes still alive somewhere in the prison.

OT: Is it just me, or was it strange they dug 3 holes but only buried one body (T-Dog)?Why waste time digging a hole if you're not putting a body in it? Just stick a cross in ground and call it a day.

4. Gilligan

Gilligan Member

I understand why they'd dig a grave - because they might be hoping to find her body... But why fill it in? Maybe if they didn't find her after a few days, but why dig it and then fill it in almost immediately? What a waste of time and effort...

5. yangxai

yangxai Member

I didn't get why they didn't even try and look for her to confirm whether she is dead or not. Why would they waste energy digging a grave, and refilling it with nothing. The writers are trying too hard to make us think she's dead.

6. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

I definitely agree. I don't think Carol is dead... I think they'll eventually find her somewhere in the prison, trying to survive and get back to the group.

7. undeadchick

undeadchick Member

Exactly my point. Why spend all the energy digging holes for nothing? I mean...it just doesn't make sense. And of they were just going to bury Carols scarf they could have just dug a tiny hole, not a whole body-sized grave.

8. ZombieEsque

ZombieEsque New Member

This is probably far fetched but I wonder if she's with Lori?

9. Howard33

Howard33 Member

It's symbolic. It's gave Glenn something to do to take his mind off what happened and as far as having bodies, it's likely they just buried a momento from each of them. It would be too dangerous to go back in just to retrieve bodies. No, it's likely they just buried something of each as a means of honoring their dead.

10. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

Wasn't that flower a Cherokee Rose?

11. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

yes, i think so.

12. Gilligan

Gilligan Member

I just can't believe any normal person would dig a body-sized grave for a scarf. I thought they were digging it expecting to find Carol's body later, but they didn't search for her at all (or at least not for long...) Any normal person wouldn't have filled in the grave yet, since if they really think she's dead, she's got to be in the prison someplace... Where do they expect to bury her when they actually find her? Just dig up the grave AGAIN? Their organization skills are ****ed right now.

13. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I think it was just to keep occupied sort of like jim. they needed to stay busy. that and there leader is vacationing in the looney bin. they are distracted.

14. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

Well, not only didn't they ever find Carol's body as far as we saw, but where was Lori? When Rick went in the room, there was the afterbirth and blood, but no Lori. Did somebody eat her?

15. undeadchick

undeadchick Member

Apparently the bloated zombie ate Lori. As for carol I agree. If they're trying to fin a way to pass the time, why not clear out the rest of the prison or search for useful supplies? Rick may have gone nuts but at least he was being useful.

16. yangxai

yangxai Member

Well if they are digging Carols grave to pass the time, why not be more constructive and use that time to actually look for her. I mean its been an hour since you last seen her and your already digging her grave? They didn't give up on Sophia for least a month and even then some of them were still hoping to find her alive.

17. Gilligan

Gilligan Member

Maybe Sophia's fate has made them all really jaded, so they're not even going to try with Carol...

18. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

Daryl placing the Cherokee Rose on the grave definitely implied A-It was Carol's grave. B-She is in fact dead. The remaining unfilled burial is Lori's--They just haven't retrieved her body yet because Rick is going all PTSD in the bowels of the prison and, well, she's been eaten. This has been confirmed by the director although he glossed over the fact we never saw Carol's body or remains.

I personally think Carol is still alive though...

19. Blair

Blair New Member

Hmm.
    I don't believe Lori is alive.
    She can't be. Sure, perhaps she was most probably in shock but she lost a lot of blood with the Caesarean. As much as some of us would like her to still be alive, well. She kind of had to die. I mean, by her death we can see Carl maturing even more and Rick with his.. 'breakdown'. We needed to be shown that Rick is still a human with emotions. Also Carol.
    I don't know why I like her but I do, I like what she does to Daryl. She brings out a different aspect of his personality. She can't be dead. I can't handle anymore deaths. It's messing with my feels.
    --Also, after the last episode, 'Say the word'.. Well, I've admittedly come to love Daryl more. I'd harbor his babies in my uterus. (;

20. Lenny

Lenny Member

To be fair people...Glenn only dug one grave and gave the task of digging the other two to Axel and Oscar. So it's no 'skin off his nose' wether they simply just filled them back in or not.