Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl not Michonne

Discussion in 'Episode 610 - The Next World' started by Ron Lambert, Feb 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daveainthere

daveainthere Member

#181 daveainthere, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

3. daveainthere

daveainthere Member

If Negan gets his hands on The Orange Backpack....I will riot! :zombies_censored:

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I might not riot. But I'll definitely purchase a pitcher of beer without tipping.

5. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

As your friendly bartender. Always tip. :)

6. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

This has no relevance to what I said. And on top of it, you quoted me twice. I said you were shallow and you gave me a ****ing novel in response.

7. AAG331

AAG331 Member

What are you even trying to say? Why is Michonne getting with Rick such a horrible misstep for you? I literally don't understand. Michonne is not a bad character in any sense of the word. And I bet that you didn't complain when Rick got with Jesse, a woman he'd known for like a few months at most. But Michonne and Rick getting together? That's just over the top.

And lol because a character does something you wouldn't personally do that makes them bad? I wouldn't do half of the things that the characters on TWD do, but I still love them all because their interesting and intriguing characters.

And honestly, the rest of your post is just complete nonsense with zero coherent structure at all. Glenn forcing himself on Enid? How does that even compare with Michonne getting with Rick?

8. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Rick hitting on Jessie while she was in an abusive relationship with Pete really brought him down a notch in my book. He was supposed to be looking out for the health and safety of the community, and he goes after a victim like that? Puts him somewhere between a narcissist and a predator (and not the dreadlock kind). Pretty low.

9. Ron Lambert

Ron Lambert Member

hyperbole is an exaggeration which may be used for emphasis.

It was to accentuate the point. Look if you can't keep up with the conversation, that's on you. I realize reading coherent reasoning can be confusing for you if you are out of practice. Feel free to read my post again if you need to. I explained exactly what I was trying to say.

I didn't say it makes them bad, you are drawing conclusions which you should refrain from because as you put it you " literally don't understand."

The example I made- was not made to compare a hypothetical glenn enid scenario with rick and michonne. It was to illustrate another point entirely.- that his decision to hook up with michonne diminished my connection with ricks character.

#189 Ron Lambert, Feb 26, 2016
  10. Ron Lambert

Ron Lambert Member

Maybe- But I understood it. From his point of view he is Alpha, and here is this cute wolf in his new pack being abused. He makes a choice to not let that stand. Unfortunately for rick- he forgot rule one of taking a bitch from another wolf... eat the pups.

11. AAG331

AAG331 Member

But you were comparing your insane hypothetical involving Glenn with Rick hooking up with Michonne, because apparently Rick getting with Michonne diminished your connection with him, just like in your hypothetical that would diminish Glenn's character for you. And your point still makes zero sense to me. How would that in anyway ruin your connection to Rick Grimes as a character? When he was with Lori, he was still Rick Grimes. When he was with Jesse, he was still Rick Grimes. Even now with Michonne, he is still the same King County Sheriff that stepped woke up in that hospital. Literally nothing about his character has changed. Is it because you wouldn't get with a black woman or something? Is that it? And you did not clearly spell out what you were trying to say at all, it was a long, drawn out post that was all over the place. And when I said "I literally don't understand" I was saying that I don't understand how Rick getting with Michonne would ruin your connection with him at all. Like I said before, were you annoyed at Rick when he got with Jesse? And c'mon, just because Rick does something you personally do, that shouldn't ruin your connection with his character. Almost all of the characters do things that I personally don't agree with or wouldn't do, but I can still understand them and connect with their characters. But to each their own I guess.

#191 AAG331, Feb 26, 2016
  12. AAG331

AAG331 Member

I had no idea what was up with Rick during that time. Maybe it's because he was trying to adjust to the new lifestyle within Alexandria, 'cause he did eventually snap and go off the deep end for a little bit. Probably because his mind was just confused and he wasn't really adjusting to being in a (somewhat) normal society.

13. Ron Lambert

Ron Lambert Member

How it diminishes it was explained exactly in my post-

I cannot imagine myself doing that, and so I cannot just sit quietly and not post a comment while a character I enjoyed does something I would not. The leadership decision and handling of interpersonal relationships within the dynamic of the show- It diminishes the immersion and the fantasy of watching the show. I now connect less with ricks character and that lessens the experience for me personally.

because I would not do that- and rick did- my connection with rick was diminished.

Why don't you just get to your real question you are trying to ask me: - Why don't you find the actress playing michonne attractive?
    Because I just don't. Like I said, her acting is sub par, her looks I find bland.

So If I were rick- I would not allow that or pursue that hook up._ thus- the connection I felt with rick has been diminished.

It's pretty straight forward.

14. calliope

calliope Active Member

I agree. I think they were trying to recreate the scenario in the comic exactly and it failed miserably. They should have worked the domestic violence/alcohol issues more effectively and left any hint of romance off the table. As it was, Rick ends up looking like a perv and the scene with the parade didn't work well at all.

I feel that even more strongly about that now since they were clearly planning Richonne for awhile.

15. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Fwiw, I once suggested that Thandie Newton replace Mary McCormack on The West Wing. But I was just making a joke going back to ER. A lot of us Wingnuts didn't like the character MM was playing.

I can't see Thandie Newton as a katana-wielding, dreadlock-sporting, uncommunicative badass.

The Michonne character is exceptionally complex, ranging from self-actualized "lawyer" to sullen warrior to stepmom. The development of her relationship with Carl has been particular complicated. The only time that DG didn't quite deliver the warmth factor I expected was the 'crazy cheese' bit. Aside from that I have always enjoyed the scenes with her and Chandler Riggs, especially the one where they talked about cereal and soy milk (ick).

Your Mileage May Vary

16. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. AAG331

AAG331 Member

Well, your "straight forward" explanation is still garbage, IMHO. Do you just lose connections to characters in other genres on the basis that they did something you wouldn't ever do? If so, that's pretty stupid. I wouldn't have slaughtered younglings in the Jedi Temple like Anakin Skywalker did, but even so I can still connect with his character; I can understand how he's feeling/why he's acting a certain way. When Rick and Michonne got together, no connection to their characters was diminished for me. Neither with The Governor, Gareth, or Shane Walsh, etc. etc. Even though they did horrible things or decisions I didn't agree with, I can still connect with them. When the Governor killed Martinez, I hated that, but it didn't ruin my connection towards the Governor in any way. Maybe it's just the fact that we connect to fiction characters in different ways.

And you can assume that I'm trying to ask you "why you think Danai is unattractive?" all you want, it doesn't matter to me. I don't care if you find Danai attractive, I do, but that's besides the point. I just don't understand that because you find her unattractive, that that would hinder your liking of Michonne's character and affect how you think of other characters that are directly involved with her. I don't particularly find Eugene attractive, but I still find his character to be wonderful and hilarious. It doesn't really matter to me how attractive a character is to me or not, that doesn't affect my viewing of the character. I just don't understand why It does for you; I just can't relate with that at all.

#197 AAG331, Feb 26, 2016
  18. AAG331

AAG331 Member

Yeah, me too. Loved Carl and Michonne scenes. Honestly, I don't have one moment in my mind where I've dislike Michonne in a particular scene or episode.

19. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

I will be straight forward for you.

You seem to be saying the same thing to different people all over this forum with your lukewarm reasoning which is almost laughable. I have not seen one post where you provided your credentials in basing the opinion that Danai "can't act". HAHA. We all get that you dislike Michonne, or rather Danai. You have yet to provide even one instance or one scene as to why YOU think her acting is subpar...and seriously speaking, just what the hell makes you an expert anyway? You have insulted many a poster here for not seeing your verbal diarrhea filled posts as fact or attempting to understand them. Who would want too? Most of us who see them for what they are and that's someone who has WAYYY too much time on their hands and a personal agenda against a character on a TV show that for some reason or other, offends him personally. Translation? And let me dumb it down for you so YOU can understand. You are a joke and we don't care what you think.

And one more thing....if you feel the need to insult the posters here with your bullshit (highlighted above), then be prepared to get it back. It is only a matter of time before enough people dislike your stupid posts and you are shown the door. One that you should never walked through in the first place.

20. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

I can sum it up. He's an idiot who likes to stand on a soapbox and spew out garbage trying to act superior when in actuality he's a loser who can not back up his posts with relevant facts. Don't take what he says seriously, he just gets off on seeing his name in print.

#200 Apollonia, Feb 26, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.