Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl stabbing the concrete

Discussion in 'Episode 306 - Hounded' started by Pistachio, Nov 19, 2012.

1. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

This is why I love these forums. I have to admit that I was a little lost on this scene. (I was distracted and caught this in the middle) I love the way everyone has described Daryl's feelings and reactions. I tend to lean towards the idea of Daryl being angry with himself for his fear and possible guilt for not looking for Carole. And I wondered where everyone had gone, which now makes since if he sent them away because he was afraid it was walker Carole behind the door.
    Keep those comments coming.

2. LoneRogue

LoneRogue Member

I thought the same thing...guess great minds do think alike! LOL!

3. arroncarlton

arroncarlton Member

I absolutely agree, he was expecting to see her turned.

4. zombiekilla

zombiekilla Member

He was getting himself pump uped to kill her

5. RDZ

RDZ Member

I'll take a different approach, I think he was sitting there angry with the belief that Carol and others were now dead (the knife reminding him of Carol) and he was simply dealing with his feelings and the banging door was starting to annoy him so once he had enough of the noise, he went to deal with the issue.

But I believe the zombie Carol thought could be a possibility.

I am a bit surprised there aren't any interviews from the directors/producers that discuss this?

6. zombiekilla

zombiekilla Member

Well I think your point is good, but by the directors not mention it, it will be important factor in Daryl developing feelings for her.

7. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

I agree with this.

I think it's really nice to see how Daryl cares about Carol.

And of all comments from this thread I would add one more thing; he was also pissed because he was thinking maybe about Carol with Sophia, and since she was her daughter, he would've been devastated if he finds even Carol as a walker. He loved Sophia, but he loves Carol more, that's why.

8. Team Daryl

Team Daryl Member

Thank you for all of these posts. I personally felt like this was his moment alone to let out his emotions and seeing something that reminded him of Carol just released those emotions. Then the door just riled him up to the point where he was ready to have a crazy rick moment on a zombie. But lo and behold it was Carol!

9. RDZ

RDZ Member

I don't see Daryl and Carol as a romance though, I simply think there is a very strong bond that has been developing throughout the show.

10. zombiekilla

zombiekilla Member

I really don't want it to becoming a ****ig soap opera either. It's a bond with a person that he does not even have with his own family. Remember his mother died in a fire after falling asleep smoking Virginia Slims. They are both very emotional damaged people. It would be a good cliff hanger if Merle tries to kill Carol and he has to pick one or the other; like a Greek tragedy. Or somehow Daryl and Merle tries to kill Rick by forcing his hand b/c of the governor. There was a picture of Rick on his knees on his twitter page, now it's taken down.

#30 zombiekilla, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  11. Pistachio

Pistachio Member

I don't want a romance either (not just yet, anyway). They have the Beth/Carl storyline for that, they don't need two.

12. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I think a romance will be good for both Daryl and Carol. I know some think it might be too much of a distraction....but I think Daryl could handle it and Carol would be good for him. Neither have had anyone close to them before that wasn't self-serving or abusive and lets face it....just because you have to focus on staying alive doesn't mean you have to be alone for the rest of your life.

They have already dabbled in the physical part of it (I believe this from their interaction in 301)....and they obviously have feelings for each other.....why not?

Just don't make it too much a part of the plot and I am good with it. No overkill please.

13. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

Agreed! I too stand humbled. That is a wonderful explanation that completely eluded me.

14. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

I hate to be the one to break it to you but The Walking Dead already IS a soap opera. In fact, every comic series I've ever read follow the same basic formula as every soap opera and serial tv show that's ever existed. This soap opera just takes place at the end of the known world and with zombies. :)

15. RDZ

RDZ Member

Yes and no, I would consider it more of a "drama" than a "soap opera", I hate to be pedantic but if TWD had been a soap opera, everyone would have already slept with everyone else at this point with various marriages and divorces. My wife watches one well know soap and I laugh every time we discuss anything about it as everyone has been married to everyone else in the show at some time or another.

:)

16. TheHiddenMan

TheHiddenMan Member

i was like wtf daryl too since it started to get flirty in season 2.
    as a man with no interest in carol id like to see daryl with a "hot to me" chick.

on the other hand we all know looks arnt the most important and diffrent people have diffrent taste.
    carol is a good woman for daryl. i can see why that both characters fit together. daryl couldnt be with a lori, andrea..

maybe with a maggie i can see him but i guess that he wouldnt do out of respect for hershel and maybe age dynamic (how old is maggie in the show and how old is daryl?)

17. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

Agreed!

18. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

I agree with this too. I think they're very close because of the Sophia thing and their bond just kept growing - but I don't think there will be any romance between the two!

19. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that would be more out of respect for Glenn... lol

20. TheHiddenMan

TheHiddenMan Member

oh of course.
    i should have written down i implied a free maggie in my thoughts... ;)

i think one wouldnt need to mention that you cant take action on your friends girl/man
    thats a no go