Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl stabbing the concrete

Discussion in 'Episode 306 - Hounded' started by Pistachio, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

Hahah of course, the old unwritten rule! :p

2. TheHiddenMan

TheHiddenMan Member

right.
    i wouldnt respect a man or woman breaking it for the only very good reason there possibly is:

Tthe two rule breakers really love each other.

U cant stand in the way of love without getting crushed like i crush this eggs here now to make me some amazing pancakes yeah
    *sorry yall im hungry

3. luv it all

luv it all Active Member

I'm just seeing this thread as I'm new and I also appreciate these posts. I never looked at it as Daryl thinking Carol was a walker behind the door. It's a real interesting take on that scene. I thought too this was Daryl releasing a lot of emotion after thinking more went on since finding Carol's knife, that she was alive longer than they thought and he might have been able to save her. Remember in the beginning when Daryl, Carl and Oscar went past that cell and they said a weak walker was probably in there and he'd take care of it later. I figured Daryl was back to take care of it but before he did, he was thinking about just finding Carol's knife and what might have happened and losing someone he cared about, and in this moment he was letting everything out, stabbing at the floor and the wall, and he was going to take it ALL out on whatever walker was behind that door. I think it was a great way to find Carol!Again I think it's a great idea I never thought of about Daryl thinking Carol was in there as a walker. But I watched that scene a few times :) and I think it was more Daryl's emotions and frustrations from what they just went through catching up and thinking maybe Carol could have been saved if they searched more, and losing Carol. I hope we find out sometime what the writer's intentions were, it's a really good question.

4. KitchenWitch

KitchenWitch Member

I had assumed that Daryl had cleared the rest of the section and this was the last possible place that Carol could be. He was delaying looking because once he checked it out and if she wasn't there, he would have no more hope (which is vital to his sanity).

It's been really nice watching Daryl and Carol's relationship develop as a purely platonic one. Daryl must really not be attracted to her physically (wrong body chemistry, probably) because Carol has been looking for a replacement for Ed for a long time. There are enough cultural parallels between Daryl and Ed that Carol would fall very comfortably back into that role, but Daryl seems to know that it would be a big step back for her.

Thinking about it, it's weird that the original group was big enough for both Ed and Merle to exist in it - they both would have butted heads, wanting to be the alpha male. Shane must have had his hands full with them.