Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryls/Merles Motorcycle

Discussion in 'Episode 309 - The Suicide King' started by Walker Shane, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

What happened to the motorcycle? As i recall it was originally Merles then Daryl used it and became his signature ride. What happened to it after Daryl and Merle left? Is it back at the prison or did they take it?

2. The_Not_So_Dead

I think it's still at the prison. Though I can't remember seeing it again since Daryl took Maggie shopping for baby food. When they went to Woodbury they went in a car, so logic dictates I still at the prison. Maybe they'll come back for it, but somehow I don't think so.

3. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

It's still at the prison. It was Merle's originally. Daryl had it in the back of his truck in S1, then took it down and started driving it instead of the truck in S2.

#3 Bassman, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  4. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

As much as the bike is bad ass, it makes no sense for anyone to use it. I'd personally prefer to see everyone driving Priuses than to think they're dumb enough to have the loudest vehicle on the planet inviting walkers wherever they may be. Oh and I'm sure the bike is still at the prison.

5. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

I've actually always wondered the same thing. While it's cool and all, it is loud and offers zero protection...the only advantage is to escape through congested road ways easier

6. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

The bike is still at the prison so he'll have to get back, lol. Unless it has no gasoline. :Grin:

7. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

It would be funny if he and Merle were to come back only for the bike. Like an ex-lover coming back for something they forgot. "I'm just here for my things..."

8. Lawman

Lawman Member

Daryl left the group, and I could care less for the one armed bandit, so I would drain the tank and push it out the gate of the prison. They can run up, hop on, and not start it. Buffet is served!

9. Pharris

Pharris Member

Daryl's bike is actually a pretty good mode of transport for the ZA. It gets close to 60 MPG hwy and over 40 hwy. Much better gas efficiency than the truck he was driving the bike around in.

10. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

And so great to drive in inclement weather.

11. Lawman

Lawman Member

The problem is the inability to carry a sufficient amount of supplies to survive. It is a decent attack platform, or mode of transportation to a fight, but not a good survival vehicle.

12. Pharris

Pharris Member

Well, sure, you may get wet if it rains, but you trade off that for better maneuverability in burned out car littered roads, groups of walkers, debris, etc., plus the better gas consumption. Everything has its advantages and disadvantages in that universe. Ideally, a nice big SUV that seats 9 would be wonderful (keep most of the group in one vehicle) but you get dismal mpg with something like that, and gas is going to be hard to come by. Quite honestly, I dont understand why they're driving around those old trucks - they could break down at any minute, and when the hell were they tuned up/oil changed last? I doubt pep boys is still offering their fine drive up service in the ZA. I would have immediately found a newer vehicle (hell, hit a car dealership, there have got to be thousands of brand new cars just sitting in lots!) so at least you wont have your alternator or transmission die in the middle of escaping the throngs of the dead...

13. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Yep. cracked me up they were going around in a caravan of junk. Why not a big 4x4 Suburban to carry the crew and one pickup full of bicycles in case the suburban and truck both break down somehow? Or just the suburban and put bikes on top?

14. Dead man walking

Good mileage but you can also easily fall off or get knocked off, it offers no real protection. Speed, yes, noisy yes (to draw away walkers if required). But what the hell, Daryl is the kind of guy who's as tough as nails and doesn't change his personality just because of some stoopid walkers. So the bike works for me. It's an 'in your face zombies' attitude, which i like.

15. Bhante

Bhante Member

Dissing the walkers!

16. Shane#22

Shane#22 Well-Known Member

I watched a comic con interview with Daryl and someone asked this question and he said "It's because Daryl don't give a ****"

Loved that answer.

17. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

I saw that too. That about sums it up.

18. Zombie_Nerd98

Zombie_Nerd98 Member

I always thought it was kinda silly to have a completely silent crossbow, and still ride around on a big, loud motorcycle that probably attracts walkers like crazy. But in the middle of a Zombie Apocalypse, your choices of transportation become limited, I suppose. And the bike, (minus Merle's Nazi symbols) is EPIC and perfect for Daryl's character.

That is all. -ZN98

19. FellowAutumn

FellowAutumn Member

I don't think the crossbows the kind of weapon you use whilst on a motorbike

20. Walkergumbo

Walkergumbo Member

I think the bikes good for maneuvering around obstacles but I'd go for an armored truck like a Brinks. Walkers can't get in, they have the mass to push cars and other obstacles out of the way and for flattening walkers plus they can carry a big pile of supplies.