Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daycare and Adrian's Undead Diary

Discussion in 'Episode 305 - Say The Word' started by DarylFTW, Nov 13, 2012.

1. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

When Maggie and Daryl were looking at all the handprint cutouts on the wall, for some reason all I could think about was Adrian's Undead Diary. There's a story of Adrian having to shoot some very little zombies in the daycare and how awful it was. I actually said out loud, "Oh no, it's Adrian's daycare!" And I was just cringing waiting for some very little zombie toddlers to come out. EEwwwe, that would have really made me feel awful if they'd have to do what Adrian did.
    Did anyone else think of AUD when that scene popped up? :dead:

2. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

Some of us haven't read the comic.

so I have no idea what you're talking about ... :zombies_mad:

seems like some interesting back story though

3. Maggie

Maggie Member

OMG I thought the SAME THING!! Kept waiting for 'zombie ankle biters'!! Then after I stopped and thought for a minute... I Didn't think AMC would have the balls to have Maggie and Darryl have to put down a herd of zombie children.....

4. Zeffy

Zeffy New Member

What's wrong with putting down zombie children? It's no worse than putting down zombie adults, in my opinion.

5. Benzel

Benzel Member

I would just like to thank you for bringing this blog to my attention. 5 entries in now!!

6. InsidePower88

InsidePower88 New Member

ha i actually thought of that as well. big fan of undead diary although it lost me towards the end. a great read though

7. Maggie

Maggie Member

One of the best online undead stories i've ever read. Adrian is one bad ass mf'r!

8. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Why not? In the pilot we saw Rick put down a child zombie.

9. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

You, sir, are not the only one who was thinking that. I was all laughing and hoping that they brought shin guards! I'm glad they didn't do it though. Not because of there being kids, but I would have called BS and a ripoff and may have stopped watching right then and there.

With that said, I'd like to think it was a nod to Chris and to mess with us AUD readers.

10. yangxai

yangxai Member

lets also not forget about zombie Sophia

11. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

That's right. And I bet we see more child zombies before the series ends.

12. rummy84

rummy84 New Member

From what I saw, Daryl saw one hand print named "Sofie". I think it reminded him of Sofia.

13. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Just please, no infant or baby zombies. In the commentary of one of the season's DVD they talked about that. That they have toyed with having a baby zombie and scrapped it for now. I think they said they wouldn't rule it out in the future though. God I hope not.....that would just be too much.

14. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

I agree... I wouldn't want to see them killing babies, even if they were undead. *shudder*

15. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

That was really the only purpose for that scene to exist. Other than getting the baby formula, of course. But we didn't need to see it for any reason other than suspense and Daryl noticing "Sofie".

Yeah, the bloody car seat that T-Dog found in the second season was supposed to have a dead baby in it but they decided against it. I don't think it would be too much in a gore or shock value kind of way, I just think having a zombie baby would be incredibly hard to pull off in a way that's not laughable. Other films have tried it in the past and the results are always horrible. I would hope that if they do a zombie baby in the show, they at least have a new spin on the idea that keeps it from being eye-roll inducing, but I seriously doubt it. For that reason I think they should avoid it at all costs. It wouldn't be "too much" for the audience to handle, it would just likely be a very poor scene and deminish the quality of the episode/series.

I can't speak for this Adrian's Undead Diary thing, but aside from the real reasons the daycare scene exists, I couldn't help but feel the possum in the closet was a reference to the original Dawn of the Dead. We talked about it in another thread where I said I expected zombie kids to bolt out of the closet like they did to Peter at the airport.

16. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

That's right.....the car seat scene was where they were talking about it. I couldnt remember.

Yeah, I don't see TWD ever getting to a point where they would "jump the shark" and in my opinion.....this would be the way to do it.

17. nlew

nlew New Member

YES!!! I thought the same thing. I have read all of AUD and loved it. My husband hasn't so I was trying to explain to him what happened in AUD. I was fully expecting them to find a bunch of boarded up ankle biters. When they went in to the kitchen I kept thinking that that is how the kitchen in the daycare in AUD must have looked. Glad I'm not the only one who thought of that during that scene.

18. ZombieVito

ZombieVito Member

What's this diary people are mentioning? Can someone give a link?

19. Benzel

Benzel Member

20. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

I'm glad you are enjoying it. Someone here got me hooked on it too. Enjoy your literary crack. You won't be able to put it down till you read to the very end. :dead: