Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Dead Man and Deer?

Discussion in 'Episode 510 - Them' started by daveainthere, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

I'm OK with the "fell from a tree" theory, but I found the state of the bodies kind of odd. The deer seemed to have been dead for quite a while - the bones of its spine and ribs seemed dried out. But the man's wounds and blood splatter seemed almost fresh. Since one of the theme's of this episode is how desperate Rick & Co. are for food and water, maybe this was a case of another survivor coming upon the dead deer, and being similarly disposed as Rick & Co., found that even as hungry as he was he couldn't eat a deer that had been dead so long, and instead of moving on, he decided it was finally time to off himself. What happened to the weapon, I have no idea, but maybe Daryl wasn't the first scavenger to come upon the scene.

2. Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun New Member

My thought was he was attacked by that pack of dogs while he was field dressing the deer.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

He has a gunshot wound to the head. You can see the entrance wound in his neck, and the exit wound on the side of his head, with blood splattered on the tree behind and above him.

4. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Maybe the dogs had guns.

5. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Mr Sinister

Mr Sinister Member

I think I figured it out.

[video=youtube;ip_r4juPyqI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ip_r4juPyqI[/video]

#26 Mr Sinister, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  7. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

Wow, I'm liking the theories on this one. Because I am stumped. The hunter falling out of the tree sounds good. But I felt like the dogs had something to do with this. Maybe the dogs were his hunting dogs and this deer was the last thing he could do for them? My only problem with that is that the deer didn't looked pulled apart or dragged. Seems like the walkers always tear their food to bits eating everything and I would have expected hungry dogs to come back and eat more of that carcass. I just remember that the skin and whole head was still on it. Can anyone supply pics of the dead guy and deer?

8. JMac

JMac Member

I originally thot maybe other people killed him, just like Rick and co kill zombies on their travels. They cant be the only group killing off the undead.. Maybe a group had set traps found the zombie eating the deer and shot it. Kind of like from season one at the Atlanta camp after Daryl got that deer. I've often wondered if they stumble across any dead hordes of zombies from other groups traveling. So I don't think its far fetched to think someone else shot him, or possibly even Aaron, I mean he was around the group watching em, and maybe he came across the walker and killed it. Or simply someone else did.

9. Neuropyramidal

He is leaning nicely against a tree, and the shot entered his neck and came out the top of his head, with blood splattered on the tree behind him. The evidence points to a man who sat against a tree and shot himself. But its fiction, so anything is possible. ;)

10. JMac

JMac Member

True I agree, the first thing I thot was suicide but read somewhere on here that he didn't have a gun.. So just concluded that either someone else shot em, or he took himself out and someone took his gun after the fact. Sometimes when I watch the show I think Rick and co are the only survivors- stupid me.. I'm sure they've come across alot of killed zombies... Maybe bubs killed him that's my only explanation to things I can't figure out.. But on a nor serious note the scene reminded me alot for some reason of two prior scenes the first in season one and Daryl shooting the deer only to have a zombie eat it and when him and Beth were tracking and she gets stuck in the trap-

11. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

Oddly enough, this scene reminded me of Jim who was left by the road with a gun to shoot himself from, I think, S2? I'm sure it's not him, but it for some reason the corpse sitting by the tree in the woods made me think of that.

12. Neuropyramidal

Jim didn't have a gun. They offered him one, and he refused it.

13. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

I'm perplexed by this scene, as well. Been spending oodles of brain power on it; even more than my plan to turn reality stars into zombies so we may hunt them for sport. My best guess is that "they" wanted symbolism for just how dark of a place Daryl is in. He could neither keep Beth safe nor rescue her. Now, he can't even be the epitome of Daryl, a hunter. The tone kinda reminded me of that S2 episode when he and Andrea found that one hanging in the tree. "world went shit......."

• Like Like x 1
  14. gavuk

gavuk Member

I think you're bang on (no pun intended). I think it is symbolic of Daryl losing his place in the pack (is that another symbolism that anyone at any point can be taken out of the equation)

15. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Nice! I think you're on to something here.

16. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Ok I will tell you what happened but you can't tell anyone and you owe me big time, ok here goes:

Part 1
    Flashback
    Season 3, Episode 1, Seed
    When they're going through the prison and there's this walker propped against the wall, everyone walks past and over him, we all assume it's truly dead but it's really not, then when Hershel walks over the walker it reaches out grabs his leg and takes a big bite.
    Surprise!!!
    Ok.

Part 2
    Flashback
    Season 3, Episode 5, Say The Word
    When Rick goes through the prison and finds the walker that ate Laurie after she died giving birth, the walker couldn't even move because it was so full from having eaten and its big fat belly that all it can do is sit up against the wall.

Part 3
    What happened to the deer
    The deer was just meandering around the woods and the walker was propped up against that tree like it was dead, the deer got a little too close as the walker reached out, grabbed a leg and chomped down on it.
    The deer, unable to get away, got completely eaten.
    Once the walker eated the whole deer it just sat there because it couldn't move because it's belly all fat so all it does is sit up against the tree, can't move.

There you have it, that's what happened.

#36 8307c4, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  17. Neuropyramidal

[​IMG]

18. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Sorry if someone has mentioned this somewhere else, but I don't have the patience to look.

Could the man with the deer be the same person who had the kidnapped woman in the trunk? Daryl found him in the woods nearby while everyone else was searching the cars.