Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Advanced Warfare Multiplayer Dead on PC

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' started by GlacialDoom, May 28, 2015.

1. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Why? I mean, it was one of the best Call of Duty titles to date. There are currently less players on Advanced Warfare than on Modern Warfare 3! Not to mention that the way Sledgehammer releases DLCs means that the community is even more split up. For example, I only own the first two DLC packs (one bought, the other was gifted to me). I can't find any DLC game, and it seems that there isn't anyone else with this combination of DLCs, because I cannot find a single game.

It's sad, really, but I guess we can't do anything about it.

2. SMG

SMG Member

well your 1st problem is you bought the game for & are playing on PC & COD is not a PC game !

COD is not a game you buy & play on PC or PS, yes you can but its better if you play it on XB.
    back in the day PC was coming out with some great PC games, & I liked playing them but you'd never see them on XB or PS & vise versa. so why would you buy a game that its main targeted players are on a different system ?
    I miss playing some of the PC games.

3. BesselJackdaw

BesselJackdaw New Member

Is there any way they could merge all the platforms and give PC players some aim assist? It would certainly solve a lot of problems.

4. SMG

SMG Member

what you mean by aim assist ?
    theres items you can buy to plug in a regular gaming system controller into a PC, so you'd be playing like from a gaming system vs the mouse an keyboard.

5. Kyler

Kyler Member

That would be quite difficult to do, I know of games that probably done that before, I think.

6. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

For everyone who hasn't abandoned ship: if you search for a "Season Pass" group on Steam, you can find people who organise game sessions daily, whether you have DLCs or not. It's fantastic! :D

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Member

Not everyone has left yet, although I don't think this game it's going to stay afloat on PC for too long! It's a shame really, I had a lot of fun playing it but at the moment I don't even login to play a quick game.

8. acfman17

acfman17 New Member

I login every day and search for a bit to find a game, but usually I can't get one. It's a real shame because the game was awesome while it lasted, definitely my favourite CoD in a long time.

Thanks for the tip, will be cool to play this game again

9. ghostlyfear

ghostlyfear Member

Yes, after MW1, MW3 was definetly a cool title but sadly it's dead like the first one I mentioned. It's a really a pitty.

10. Armando

Armando Member

It's a console first game, obviously PC gamers are going to prefer something else instead, something more competitive and serious. Something like Counter Strike, since it's really big on PC. Not that I play it, but seeing the player count difference it's pretty obvious what PC gamers like the most.

11. Amazon XD

Amazon XD New Member

I was always under the impression that COD really flourished in the console market, and suffered in the PC market. I'm sure MW2 and BO still have somewhat alright servers, but if it isn't amazing don't most PC gamers just go back to CS?

12. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Member

That's kind of the problem here. Aside from all the issues with the game they didn't come out with anything innovative, of course PC gamers are going to choose CS:GO for the superior servers and competitive scene.

13. SMG

SMG Member

I don't understand why people complain about the lack of online game play for certain games that are more designated for PC or console vs the other they're playing the game on :confused:
    did you really expect anything different than what that game was mostly targeted for playing on ?

on the positive side (I think I read this somewhere ?) I guess MS W10 will address this issue and allow PC & XB players to play together online. that would be a big increase in players to play with for both gamers (PC/XB)

14. HuskyGlazier

HuskyGlazier New Member

I think it's unfortunate that the game is dead on PC. The PC market should be one of the biggest and attract the most amount of revenue. However, I believe that the demise of Call of Duty on PC is the developers' own doing. Like others have said, there isn't much in the game that would make unconvinced buyers prefer Call of Duty over competing titles such as CS:GO or Battlefield.

15. SMG

SMG Member

for me I don't understand why someone would really like to play a FPS game on PC, I tried this many years ago & found it too complex for keys & mouse vs game controller.
    RTS on PC no problem, best way to play those.

16. Spectre456 codf

I wouldn't say this game is anywhere near to being one of the best. It's actually no surprise to me that it died off so fast.

17. Armando

Armando Member

Well Call of Duty games aren't that popular among PC players in the first place, so...

18. Spectre456 codf

Well yeah, if it's not even one of the best game in a series that's not popular in the platform, it's obvious it'll do badly.

19. ned

ned New Member

Too complex ? Thats a rather controversial opinion. Many agree that FPS games are best played on the PC.

20. drspaniel

drspaniel New Member

Couldn't agree with you more. Call of Duty is and will always be an Xbox game, even now that PlayStation has started coming out with early DLC. It doesn't matter, the game is meant to run on Xbox and it will always do better on the platform.