Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Deserve to be executed?

Discussion in 'Episode 215 - North' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

The punks were extra obnoxious in their demands for better treatment. Say I was in charge of the hotel and not even knowing their back story, I'd have thrown them out just for that. Had I known an ounce of their backstory, it would have been immediate execution.

2. NotDeanna

NotDeanna New Member

Andres, Elena, and Hector all agreed to Travis's execution after Oscar's death. They probably thought they had the right, since Madison and Alicia were obviously biased in the other direction.

Kirkman said the story would continue in the hotel, so that leaves us with Elena and Hector +/- Strand as the leaders there, with Crazy Ilene and a bunch of refugees.

3. Well Walker

Well Walker Member

I can see why they wanted to execute Travis. When he first came to the hotel, he was in an unpleasant state. Then he beat the 2 young men to death. Travis also injured Oscar so severely he died. So yeah, I can see how they would want to put Travis down, he seems very unstable.

If this was the first time seeing Travis, would you want him around? He seems like he's insane.

4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Ugh this annoyed me to NO END. First we see them begging to be let in....and then they are acting like it's the worst place on the planet and they are unfortunate to have to be there. They didn't beg you to come in assholes.

5. Peterorange

Peterorange New Member

Wishing Travis had been executed. The central family in this show are so unlikeable for me, and just go around spreading death and destruction in a completely selfish way. If they met TWD crew early on it would be a short step to portray then as baddies. It's a clever trick to create 5 central characters who are all equally annoying :D

Conversely It's annoying that all the fringe characters I start to like die. I was even rooting for the family that escaped :(.

6. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

Trav-brah brings out his inner Maori warrior!

7. Nikoranui

Nikoranui New Member

Travis deserved exile for the violence he committed as per the hotel rules, he did not deserve execution for the accidental death of Oscar nor the killing of the dudebros. The hotel survivors agreed to exile Travis and violated their own rules in attempting to execute him. If they believe in capital punishment against killers, then wasn't Travis simply executing the killers of his son? How can he then be held responsible for Oscar's death, the guy who tried to prevent the same type of justice they think Travis deserves?

After thinking about it, I find the whole Hotel group very inconsistent. Elena is forgiven for murdering the majority of the wedding guests by locking them in with a walker. The surviving guests are forgiven for holding Hector hostage and threatening to murder him unless they got keys. Alicia is forgiven for deliberately unleashing a horde of walkers on the wedding guests. But this. This killing is suddenly Just Too Much and both groups are now full of avenging rage? I can understand Andrés having just lost his brother but the reaction of the others makes little sense, especially because we got virtually zero indication that they'd formed such loyalty to each other. It's very difficult to justify any violence against Travis when the other Hotel survivors have so much of each others' blood on their hands!

I'd love it if he made himself a patu in season 3 to club some walkers!

8. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

Methinks there is way too much rational thought going into the explanations. None of these people at the hotel were reacting to this situation in a rational way. Nor should they have. This was all visceral emotion.

The loyalty to Madison has been severely tested these past few episodes. She turns on the lights at night, which results in a whole new group of people being forced onto the hotel group. Which brings more undesirables like our Bromegos. And Travis comes shuffling up looking like a half crazed loon. Filthy, stinks to high heaven, and from the hotel people's point of view completely out of it.

Who then decides to kill two kids in a wild rage, which disastrously also ends up with a death of one of the group's members. Remember, none of the hotel groups have ever seen Travis before this moment. They have no understanding of the background of what he has gone through with his son as we the viewers have. They just see Madison allowing one person in, who goes berserk and kills people. That is their perspective.

It doesn't seem too much of a stretch for me for the hotel staff and the wedding group to band together in that moment against what they all perceive as the immediate danger - Madison. It's not like the two groups have forgotten their past history, it's that they at this moment see that they have to work together to deal with this new threat brought on by Travis, because of Maddie.

9. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Maddie, Strand, Alicia didn't agree to it. That's a 3-3 split. What they all did agree upon, was exile. If you are going to start executing people based on 3 people making the choice, while at the same time violating an agreement that was unananymous (ANYONE that does violence gets exiled) then you might as well have no rules or at least appoint one ruler.

#29 Spidey, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  10. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Something just occured to me. Oscar tried to stop Travis from killing his son's killers. So Oscar felt it was wrong to kill someone for killing his family member. And that's exactly what his brothers tried to do to Travis! Kill someone for killing their family member. Some interesting Irony I didn't see before.

11. Nikoranui

Nikoranui New Member

If you ask me, they just threw away their greatest asset! If a threat ever arose (say, Marco's gang) all they'd need to do from then on is say "Hey buddy, Brandon said those guys over there helped killed Chris too!" Then sit back, relax with an ice-cold drink and admire the problem-solving abilities of your new unleashed Travis as he punches his way through your enemies.