Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Did anyone get a good look at the map?

Discussion in 'Episode 503 - Four Walls and a Roof' started by Cons72, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Cons72

Cons72 Member

I forgot to take a close look at where they are now on the map shown in the episode.

I was interested to know because I thought it would give a clue to the

2. CorpseKiller

CorpseKiller Member

I didn't see what city they were closest to, I was trying to read what Abe had written. All I seen was "sorry for being an asshole". Does anyone know what the rest of it said? A screen shot maybe?

#2 CorpseKiller, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  3. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

The big city could only be Atlanta.

4. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

5. CorpseKiller

CorpseKiller Member

Thank You Barb. That makes even more awesome.

6. KSH

KSH New Member

It has to be Atlanta. The letters on the map was pretty small and blurry, but it definitely looked like it said Atlanta.

7. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

8. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Looks like they're currently just NE of Atlanta, the area below and to the left with the red circle around it is probably ATL because the circle designates an outerbelt hwy around the city. Typically only the bigger cities in a state have the bypass highways around them.

9. head shot

head shot New Member

I was comparing it with Google maps and it seems they are near Commerce, GA. It is NE of Atlanta and North of Athens. The map indicates they are going to Charlotte then north.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JFAN

JFAN Member

I am surprised they map out the route using the interstate. From what we have seen those are always clogged with cars. I would have thought they would plan on a route using secondary roads. Sure they can always change but should Rick's group later try to find them in route they would have no idea what road to follow.

11. Darylette

Darylette Member

Would they still be two years later? I know there would be a lot of blockages, but with people taking cars and weather damaging them would they become passable?

12. itsfoz

itsfoz Member

Definitely Atlanta and that's where Beth is. Note Gimple said something along the lines of 'you'll see old settings, in a different context' at the beginning of the season.

13. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I don't think Abe is all that smart and likely picked the most obvious route on the map?

I have a feeling they don't get too far before the whole journey is interrupted by other events.

• Like Like x 1
  14. pilight

pilight Member

Which makes no sense at all. They just left Terminus, which was near Macon. Commerce is 120 miles from Macon. That's more than a week on foot if you're trying to move fast and know where you're headed and don't get sidetracked by priests yelling for help.

15. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

Ok...a couple of things....

1. When did they announce they were near Macon? For that matter when did they announce what town they were in outside of Atlanta and Woodbury (which is fictional)? Filming location does not always equal the location of the scene. (see Moon Landing...haha) It would make sense that they were in the vicinity of Commerce and not Macon. Why you ask? Well in Season 2 when Rick and the Old Man are having a heart to heart during which the infamous line about the "when God said the Dead would rise, I didn't think this was what he had in mind" was uttered, there are mountains featured in the screen shot. I am not too familiar with the geography of the Peach State but looking a map it appears that Commerce is a lot closer to the mountains than Macon and would be visible from Commerce. Furthermore we know that the prison is relatively close to Terminus (a two or three day walk) and that the Prison was so what close to the Farm because they had been going in circles to avoid herds since leaving the farm before finding the prison.

2. It seems to me that the red line on the map is I-85 up to Petersburg, VA where it ends at I-95. Of course every Donk in the country knows that I-95 runs up to Maine and along the way enters Alexandria and DC. I doubt that they plan on staying on the roads that were marked Red but probably are using them as a basis for travel.

3. Yes, the cars on the roadways would still be there two years, twenty years, fifty years later...grant it after fifty years they may be a little worse off. There aren't any tow trucks neatly moving them out of the way so interstate commerce can pick back up.

4. What itsfoz said.

16. pilight

pilight Member

The maps showing the way to Terminus all show it near Macon.

Woodbury is not fictional. It's in West Georgia, about 60 miles SW of Atlanta.

17. miltk

miltk Member

yes,,,commerce, ga is what i came up with too. 70mi outside of atl

of course, there is a possibility that abe circles an obvious spot to start rather than where they actually are. otoh, seeing as how these people live in georgia they would already know what route to take....what they wouldn't know is where to go once they get near the final destination. i always thought the group couldn't be more than 50 > 80 miles out, so this makes sense to me

#17 miltk, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014