Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Did Anyone Notice The Writing on the Wall?

Discussion in 'Episode 210 - 18 Miles Out' started by slw2082, Mar 2, 2012.

1. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Did anyone else notice this during the episode? I will be re-watching again tonight to see if I can see it!

2. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

Good catch, I never noticed that. Wonder if it actually means anything or just some random set decoration?

3. Peanut Q. Public

my theory is that it was recommending people go there for safehaven. if they were actually AT Fort Apache, it would say so on an official sign, not be spray painted on the wall. although, world like it is, they could just be setting up a trap tricking people into thinking that its a safehaven and maybe turn out to be a trap.

4. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

Nice, I didnt catch it at all.
    They are not at an acctual fort, it was the city waterworks or somesuch ?

[​IMG]

5. boutte

boutte Active Member

From Wikipedia

Fort Apache
    is, metaphorically, a building, complex, or defensive site providing shelter from hostile action in the form of crime (in police drama) or native insurrection or enemy attack (in John Ford movies).[SUP][1][/SUP]

The metaphor is now used by military and police to refer to a post which is beset/besieged.

6. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

Very cool, gives an extra eerie hint to what went down there.

7. slw2082

I Knew they were at a water works place but I thought that was a neat hint or sign. Thanks Boutte for the definition, very cool.

8. Maggie

Maggie Member

Boutte that's awesome! Thanks!

9. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

It would be awesome if AMC would auction the "burned to a crackling crisp" zombies in this pic!! I got my credit card at the ready...:shining:

10. Maggie

Maggie Member

ewwwwwwwwwwww... what on earth would you do with them???

OMG On second thought I don't wanna know!

11. STRINGS

I used to collect latex stuff (I was in one of those extreme metal bands) and would use them sparingly for stage props. Nowadays I use them to decorate for Halloween and need new props...as my ex will not give me back any of my latex ghoulies (among a vast assortment of other really neat stuff), so I need stuff like this for Halloween decorations...:shining:

12. Maggie

Maggie Member

Oh. How perfectly normal.

13. slw2082

haha, Strings--I love ya, you made me laugh out loud when I read your first comment. And Maggie we all know Strings is Perfectly Normal!! :zombies_lol:

14. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

I noticed some writing but missed what it said. There are so many small things sometimes to watch and look out for. And that is why I end up watching an episode at least 3 or 4 times.

15. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

That is the coolest thing I have learned all day!

16. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

Were you a member of Gwar?

17. Maggie

Maggie Member

I know right!!! So cool!!

18. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

So what we can now deduce is that this was once a place besieged by armed forces that is not disfunct and inoperative. I bet a lot of places that initially started out as rescue stations or other places of strong military guard are now abandoned by everyone except the zombies.

19. STRINGS

No I wasn't in GWAR, but I did do the PMC for 2 years with them (Philadelphia Music Conference). You basically network your band/music to every label/music biz sleeze in the biz. Gwar was just one of hundreds of bands at these shows.:shining:

20. STRINGS

The most fun I ever had with the latex stuff is one nite in Philly during the week of Halloween I ordered some Chinese delivery. I had painter stilts (makes you around 10 feet tall), latex shoulder pads that had life size human skulls on each shoulder, oversize latex green gnome hands, and a latex reaper mask (sort of...just some kind of scary twisted looking skully monster with a hood). I also wore a friggin' huge black cape so I looked like a cross between the Grim Reaper and Skeletor.
    I put on a Halloween CD of various sound FX and had my band's fog machine & strobe light running full blast in my apartment when the Chinese dude got there with my food. He rang the door bell & I threw the door open really fast, pointed down @ him, and said (in my best demonic sounding voice), "You are late!". The dude clutched his chest and sank to one knee...I almost crapped my pants cuz I thought I had killed him!! Thank goodness he was ok (don't really want to go to Graterford on a manslaughter charge over a pu-pu platter), and he was actually quite cool about it once all the hoopla was over. All the neighborhood kids that it was awesome and had me walk around the townhouse complex a couple of times...:shining:

#20 STRINGS, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012