Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Did Daryl Cause The Whisperer War?

Discussion in 'Episode 910 - Omega' started by WillyJakkz, Feb 18, 2019.

?

Did Daryl Cause The Whisperer War?

1. Yes of course he did, it's Daryl!

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. No, Alpha just being Alpha!

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Take it for face value:

According to Alpha, "Your people crossed into our land" (whether it be Eugene Rosita, Jesus Aaron Daryl looking for Eugene, or even Magna's group) there will be no conflict."

"Your people killed our people (when the Whisperers set out to track and possibly kill the trespassers who may have discovered the existence of their group and also find out if there was a bigger group) there will be no conflict."

"I'm done talkin' now bring me my daughter (whom Daryl decided to take as a prisoner for interrrogation to find out just how big the Whisperer group is and why they do what they do) or there WILL be conflict!"

Alpha came to the Hilltop specifically for her daughter Lydia and nothing else (according to her sneak peek speech) so in effect did Daryl and his judgment once again cause this? Would he have brought back the Whisperer if they were a male or did he feel they could intimidate a young female into giving them information thus causing this "conflict"?

• Like Like x 1
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

One way or another he didn't have a choice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

What difference does it make if the captured Whisperer is male or female?
    I don't blame Daryl for any of this. Maybe Rosita and Eugene because they traveled further than usual to set up that antenna on the water tower and crossed some imaginary "border". But Lydia said the group traveled around a lot, so they have no real territory. Daryl's group had to slow down the walkers following them back to Hilltop, and it was convenient to take a prisoner to interrogate. I think that's pretty logical when you all of a sudden see humans wearing dead peoples skin.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Nope, Daryl has not been the cause of this conflict.

Daryl did the smart thing in bringing back a whisperer in the hopes of gathering intel. He had no clue that his prisoner was the daughter of their leader.

This was not a case of poor judgement on Daryl's part. Dammit dammit dammit - here I go again defending him :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: This right here....THIS is the madness of these past few episodes....ME of all people defending Daryl and his actions!!!!!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Can we stop blaming Daryl for everything that happens on TWD? :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Lydia admitted they were always going to kill them. Its "what they do". And she was definitely interested in finding out there was a new community at Hilltop. There was going to be a War no matter what.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I don’t believe Alpha is gonna refrain from conflict once/if she gets Lydia back. She will find a way to wipe them out now that the Hilltop knows about the Whisperers. She’s cunning. So Daryl doesn’t really have a choice. There will be bloodshed either way. That’s who Alpha is. It may seem like Daryl will be causing a war when he refuses to give abused Lydia back. Though I bet Lydia will find a way to escape anyway thanks to Horny Henry.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Others already said it, Alpha was going to attack anyway because that's what they do. Alpha is just saying things to get Lydia back, she's a liar and a manipulator so no matter what Daryl did/does, this was always going to be a war.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

I agree with just about everything said here. Alpha is a cuckoo bird, and as soon as she saw our people in her "territory" (which I still don't understand...they're nomadic, right?) she was going after them.

Daryl's decisions going forward will more than likely complicate things, but (unless they show us something really surprising happened in the time jump, which actually may have) I don't see how he instigated anything here.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Up to this moment, I do not see Daryl's causing the war directly or indirectly.
    From the preview, it looks like Alpha wants to trade Alden/Luke for Lydia but Daryl refused.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

Nope, it is what it is. The Whisperers are freaks! Wouldn't have mattered who did what. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I motion that we now refer to him as Hornry

All those in favor? Post aye

All those opposed? Bite me

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

LOL at your new avy. :D