Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Did Hershel Know?

Discussion in 'Episode 306 - Hounded' started by Jakobi, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

I wish they would have told us, or showed us if there was dial tone. It seemed like Hershel knew something was wrong. Any else catch the feeling that Hershel knew something was up?

2. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

i think hershel knew he was off and just let him be.

3. Gilligan

Gilligan Member

It was really unclear... Hershel sure didn't seem very excited about it all... I think he was just humouring Rick, but I guess we'll have to assume one way or another unless they come out and tell us.

4. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I think Hershel's expressions gave it away that he knew what was going on with Rick. He knew and decided it was best to let Rick sort it out himself. No dial tone on the phone only confirmed his suspicions.

5. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

im sure he knows Rick is batshit crazy but he knew how fragile Ricks psyche is. plus people who are losing their grip on reality are dangerous no matter what the cause

6. undeadchick

undeadchick Member

Of course Hershel knows! He gave that super long nod when Rick told him not to wait. Like "yep, you're off the reservation."

7. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

I'm with Bass on this 100%

8. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I'll just agree with this since it's what I was going to say.

9. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

I felt like Hershel knew what was going on. I think that's why he offered to stay with Rick; he knew he needed help.

10. loco

loco Member

Of course he knew... from a man who has lost his wife and been around the block a few times... why do you think his dialogue with Rick was about Lori?

11. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Yeah I guess he was just trying to talk to him about it since he ran in there right after he found out. I wish they told us if the phone had dial tone or not. Either way, I guess Hershel didn't believe him.

12. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

Hershell is a great surprise this season.
    I hated him last season, and I absolutely love his character now.

BAD-ASS look and pontytail!

13. loco

loco Member

Listen to the sound during his time on the phone. There's no dial tone... it's static... just as a phone would if the phone is not connected. Hershel heard static of course meaning he knew what was up. That's why he asked if he could sit there with him...in case he took another call. Rick denied his request because deep down he knew it was all a part of his mind. Same reason why he shot down Glenns request to help him clear out bodies.

14. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

[MENTION=1476]loco[/MENTION] I did think about that static noise too. I just couldn't tell if that was part of Ricks craziness.

15. Goopus

Goopus Member

I think Hershel knew it was Rick's way of dealing with enormous trauma. Rick has fought through so much not so much for the group as for his family and he lost one of the most important people in his life just when they found a safe place.. without getting to say goodbye, without letting her know he had forgiven her, without anything of the sort... That's rough. And Hershel understood. And I respect the character a lot for it.

16. wolffe

wolffe Member

I just watched the episode with headphones at pretty high volume, and I can tell you that the phone made a background noise/static sound when he picked it up. Just like what you'd hear if you turned on a phone that had no connection. Hershel heard this, and I think immediately knew Rick's brain had just dove off a cliff.

17. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

[MENTION=4154]wolffe[/MENTION] thanks. Yeah I think the phone was dead, thus the crackling noise. However I wasn't sure if that was part of Ricks mind...or not. I would have thought that if the phone was dead, Hershel should have just told him...

"Rick the phone doesn't work" - Love Hershel

18. loco

loco Member

If you have ever had a lucid dream you would know that you are dreaming and experiencing the "REAL" world at the same time. Same thing Rick was experiencing. The static was the there but at the same time heard voices.

19. loco

loco Member

You never tell someone that they are hearing things because they will get worse and resent the people that don't believe them . Psych 101...

20. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

yep. exactly.