Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Did Michone go too far?

Discussion in 'Episode 308 - Made To Suffer' started by PhenomChriso, Dec 4, 2012.

1. PhenomChriso

PhenomChriso Member

I don't know about you guys but I think Michone went a bit far in this episode. Yes the Governor is a bit of a bastard and deserves a lot of things, but she finished his daughter!
    Superb acting from David Morrisey in this episode. This scene actually tugged a few heartstrings when he disarmed himself completely and begged, no, Pleaded with Michone to let his daughter go.
    This is one of the few things that actually makes me feel sorry for the Governor. That he loves his daughter so much and doesn't have the heart to put her down because he is clinging onto a very small hope that his scientist can find a cure.

Do you think Michone did the right thing?

2. Janga

Janga New Member

I agree. He was genuinely begging her to let Penny go. He even took off his gun belt.

There is another thread that mentions that Michonne may have went a little too far in this scene based on what he actually did to her (which was not much).

3. jsharp1982

jsharp1982 Member

She did go way too far. I felt sorry for the Governor too. I think it is my thread that Janga means. Michonne needs to disappear!

4. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

His being upset and begging to spare her did seem real and was a powerful scene but I still think Michonne did the right thing. Penny was already dead. It seemed like the first time Michonne had any kind of emotion on her face. That killing seemed to be as much about doing the right thing as it was about revenge. You just don't keep a dead little girl chained in a cage under the stairs.

ETA: If she would have used Penny before killing her to mentally torture the Governor to see him suffer, that would have been going to far.

#4 BarbDwyer, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  5. DXLthegreat

DXLthegreat Member

Hell naw! She DID NOT go too far. Matter fact she didn't go far enough, IMO!! If someone sent out some goons to hunt down and kill me, You better believe that I'm going to kill you before you kill me!! If I were her I would killed the Guv', Merle, Penny, the heads in the aquariums, and whoever else opposed me. When someone wants you dead, SHOW NO MERCY!!!

6. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

I also agree she went a little too far. But only because I don't feel like they built up that aspect of the story enough. Yeah, ok - he sent out Merle and gang to kill her but she did have her katana up in his face a couple of episodes before...

7. Janga

Janga New Member

One thing I have to say... David Morrisey was fantastic in that scene! I actually felt bad for the Governor character... which I never thought I would.

8. DXLthegreat

DXLthegreat Member

If Penny was not a "biter" then yeah, but c'mon. Those that are mad at what Michonne did should be equally mad at Rick bcuz he blew away lil' Sophia in season 2, right in front of Carol. You guys/gals are SOFT!!!

9. jsharp1982

jsharp1982 Member

If it was real and it was your daughter would you feel the same?

10. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

IMO she didn't go too far from everything what Gov had done... In some moment I felt sorry for him and I know it's very tough to lose someone from your family, but she was already gone. He was doing the same thing with music as Milton with the patient and it didn't worked... Maybe he still had a hope...

11. jsharp1982

jsharp1982 Member

Not really. They both did it for different reasons. Rick didn't do it to hurt someone. Michonne damn well did. For her it was about the upper hand and cheap kicks.

12. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

I'm sure if Carol was pleading with Rick not to shoot Sofia he would have left it - at least a little bit - to say goodbye - he wouldn't have just stabbed her through the head and shrugged his shoulders.

13. DXLthegreat

DXLthegreat Member

If someone has YOUR bladed weapon pacing behind you slowly, you wouldn't be a lil' nervous?? Especially since she had been trying to get her katana back for days and trying to leave Woodbury, but they won't let her?? Are yall crazy??

14. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

I think that they gave Michonne too much lee way in the show. The Governor was horrid to her in the comics, so any of us who have read them are probably disagreeing. The Michonne/Governor thing was a FAR cry from the comics in the show. As far as the show goes, she will more than likely be justified in her actions later on down the road. As of right now, I am cool with it. I think she has "zero tolerance for walkers" that are kept alive. They are a huge danger. Remember when she obliterated them in the arena? Yeah.....

15. HeeroBlaze

HeeroBlaze Member

Michonne loves killing walkers, regardless of anyone else's feelings. Whether that's to far is definitely a matter of opinion, but the scene did make the Governor look more sympathetic given that he could have easily just shot Michonne but instead tried to reason with her. There is a similar situation in the comics when

In that case, I'd say its the parent's responsibility, but if they can't live with it then why blame them? It's not suppose to be an easy choice.

16. Thales

Thales Well-Known Member

Yes! Too bad she didn't get to kill his arse lol.
    That wasn't his daughter anyway, and there will never be a cure for something like that, if a person doesn't get oxygen for over 4 minutes irreversible brain damage occurs, can you imagine what her brain is like?
    There is only hope for a cure for the living.

Penny was dead long before Michonne ''killed'' her.

17. DXLthegreat

DXLthegreat Member

HE TRIED TO HAVE HER KILLED!! KILLED!! The Governor does not give a damn about Michonne, so why would she have compassion for him and his biter daughter(NOT HUMAN). WHY ARE YALL NOT GETTING THIS?? THE GLOVES ARE OFF!!!

18. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

If it was real and I had a daughter I would not keep her like that.

I would have to be mentally deranged to do such a thing. If I was mentally deranged then what Michonne did might push me off the brink and into the dark abyss of insanity.

19. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

Thinking back - I would probably say - instead of 'going too far' ... it was little 'too dramatic'.

I feel exactly the same about how Rick has been treating Michonne - first he squeezes her shot leg because she's 'not talking' - I mean he hardly gave her a fricking chance.

And then we she gets back from her one on one with the Gov - all covered in blood he's quick to judge her for leaving and being all snooty... if it wasn't for Michonne they wouldn't have bloody known where the hell Maggie and Glenn were in the first place - he needs to lighten up in my eyes.

20. PhenomChriso

PhenomChriso Member

He definately still had hope she could be cured, but it is interesting you bring up the music thing and mention that it didn't work. I was questioning this myself if it DID word. When the music was playing, it didn't seem effective; however, when he himself started singing along to the cd, Penny seemed to calm down more. She no longer was trying to claw his eyes out.
    She was looking at a bowl of meat granted, but when this live guy is within biting range of a Walker, surely she would still try getting at him. Like with any animal, live prey is a lot tastier than scavenged corpses.